Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Treasure generator in three clicks

Hey all, I've been trying to come up with a method for generating random treasure more easily, and have worked up a method that uses chat menus and 3 clicks. Click the macro button in the macro bar (or token macro I suppose) Click the CR level you want to generate loot for Click the range indicated by the roll on the CR level table you selected In action you'll see three things displayed in the chat window: Using Stylus makes it look much less chunky, but the same functionality: I'm curious if anyone knows of a non-API way to achieve this in fewer clicks? I'm hobbled by the inability to call a macro as a result of the roll when a CR level is selected, and instead need to present the ranges. Am I missing something? Also, I included the individual dice results for the final treasure display, but the more I look at it I don't see a real reason for it. Am I too close and have looked at it too long? Any thoughts on whether I should just remove them or not? Thanks to everyone for all the support and assistance to get it this far! M
You could reduce it down to two clicks, if your initial chat menu includes the 1-100 die roll, and the 17 ranges. So you would get a menu that lists each CR level on the left with the ranges for that level on the right. Or you could skip the first click by creating 4 macro buttons (one for each CR range) and only use the one that currently applies to your game. (Keep all 4 in your macro collections list, but only have a single one showing 'In Bar'.)
I think I'd rather keep it short, so the first option isn't likely. I like the second option tho. Thanks! M
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Sounds like you can get it to two clicks, so I can't think of a non-API way to make it shorter, but if you (or anyone else) ever need a way to reduce the styling from the buttons without Stylus, Oosh found a way to remove all styling which results in something like this where you place a backtick ( ` ) in front of the exclamation point in the button syntax: This might be helpful if you want your players to see a template like that and they don't have stylus.
You can also use style injection to force the style to look the same for everyone. 
Awesome, thanks for the tips! M