Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Torch API: I'm trying APIs for the first time and I think I'm messing this up. Help all my PCs see each others light sources?

Edited 1609775976
Hello! I just started getting into APIs. I'm loving what they can do. Torch API is giving me some problems. The commands I am using in my macro bar are working for the selected token but not allowing the other PCs to see it. Here is an example of what commands I'm using. !nighttime !torch 120 60 yes --60 @{selected|token_id} If I'm understanding what this is saying: I turn on dynamic lighting. Then the selected token is given 120 ft light, dims after 60 ft light, yes for all to see --60 to provide only that angle of vision. What happens when I do those two commands: the dynamic lighting is turned on. The selected token is given that. The selected token can see that light. But other tokens cannot see it. Am I doing this wrong? Do I need to set the tokens to have vision/not have vision? UPDATE: I solved the issue. Make sure "Enforce line of sight"  is enabled under LDL's "Dynamic Lighting." As long as the token's "has sight" is also enabled, it works.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That sounds right, are you using LDL or UDL?
I had the page not set to either. When I turned on !nighttime it enabled LDL.
I believe I solved the issue. I did not have "Enforce line of sight" enabled under LDL's "Dynamic Lighting." As long as the token's "has sight" is enabled, it works. Thanks for reassuring me I had the command correct! User error strikes again haha
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Glad you sorted it out.