Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Actually Storing and Reading Values for Macros using the Turn Tracker

I found  Storing and Reading Values for Macros using the Turn Tracker  in the "Stupid tricks" thread, and I am having trouble. In part, it says you can store a value in the turn tracker (without API) for an arbitrary token (not the selected token) using the syntax: /r 1d6 &{tracker:TOKEN_NAME} for a token associated with a character sheet. But as far as I can tell the TOKEN_NAME does nothing, no matter if it is a name of a token in the turn tracker or arbitrary text. It seems to function identically to:  /r 1d6 &{tracker} Everything else I find here says that without the API , there is absolutely no way to have a macro or ability store a value in the turn tracker for anything but the currently selected token .  I can read values from the turn tracker, as that post describes, with the syntax @{tracker|TOKEN_NAME} and I've found various other useful tricks for referencing arbitrary tracker values, but nothing that would let you set a turn tracker value to anything but the currently selected token. -- Joshua T
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats my understanding-  you have to have a token selected to set the value.