Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can you change your player color with a macro?

What I really want to do is add a line in my spell macros to change the color of my dice to indicate what elemental damage type I am doing. From what I have read, a rollable table might work, but I am not the gm.  Anything else I could try?

Edited 1610166681
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Which sheet are you using? The simplest way would be to use a bit of html style injection on the damage type. For example, replacing the word Fire in the spell's damage type property with: [Fire](#" style="color:orange) If this is for the 5e sheet, the text is very small, and positioned close to the number. You can go a bit further and increase it: [Fire](#" style="color:orange; font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; position: relative; top:5px) While you can apply the same trick to the actual damage roll to make the number change colour, this will destroy the tooltip information, so I wouldn't recommend it. You'll also lose crit & crit fail colouring. You can keep going and throw a border in there if you wish, or even make it a negative so the colour stands out more. An HTML color picker will also give you a much greater range than using the predefined text names: [Fire](#" style="background-color:#ff8000; font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; position: relative; top:5px; border: 1px solid; border-radius: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px; color: white)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you are looking to change your player color in order to change 3D dice color, then yes, this is possible to do, but not without the API (A Pro subscriber perk). A script would need to be written to make the change. I'm not certain of the timing, though. It might not be possible to change the color and then make a die roll with the same macro commands.
keithcurtis said: If you are looking to change your player color in order to change 3D dice color, then yes, this is possible to do, but not without the API (A Pro subscriber perk). A script would need to be written to make the change. I'm not certain of the timing, though. It might not be possible to change the color and then make a die roll with the same macro commands. Thanks!