Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with Hourglass Script

There seems to be a hiccup with the Hourglass Script that is found in the Roll20 API Script Library.  When I initially ran the script, it operated properly with the chosen Hourglass icon turning and showing the time. However, when I tried to run the script during a game on Sunday, January 10, it failed to function. The timer itself was working internally, but was not showing the time or rotating the icon. I restarted the API Sandbox, and uninstalled and reinstalled the Hourglass Script but it has failed to work properly since that first time. Does anyone know what might have gone wrong and what I can do to get it functioning properly again? 
As a follow-up, I tried loading another of the Hourglass scripts that can be found on the forums. Much like the Hourglass API script, it ran the first time. After that, it stopped running. This suggests to me that the problem isn't the coding, but is a problem with running scripts after the initial load. Has anyone else run into a problem like this, where scripts fail to function after the initial load? 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Do you have more than one graphic named "hourglass", perhaps on a different page, such as one where you were initially testing?  The way this script is working, it will only work with a single "hourglass" graphic.  If you added a second one, that one wouldn't get changed, the other one on a page that perhaps no one is on would be getting updated.  That would account for the timer running, but the visuals not updating.

Edited 1610840491
Ah! So if I have it in separate games it won't work? Hmm. I'll go through and remove it from all the others, thank you for the suggestion! :)  Edit: And that got it! I deleted it from every page on one game, and on the other test beds just to be safe. :) And now it works!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Not separate games, just separate pages.  It probably wouldn't be too hard to make it so it just keeps adjusting all hourglass graphics on all pages.  I might take that on at some point...