Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1

I would like to suggest sort by alphabet as an options for skills, advantages, disadvantages and inventory. Is that possible?

Edited 1607517779
mrianmerry
Sheet Author
I'm fairly certain  that sorting repeating sections isn't supported by Roll20. It can be faked with sheet workers, by either retrieving all of the information and re-creating the existing rows in the desired order, but that means new row IDs, which means that any macros or linked elements that looked at those specific row IDs would no longer work. 
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Bob T. said: I would like to suggest sort by alphabet as an options for skills, advantages, disadvantages and inventory. Is that possible? Ian said: I'm fairly certain  that sorting repeating sections isn't supported by Roll20. It can be faked with sheet workers, by either retrieving all of the information and re-creating the existing rows in the desired order, but that means new row IDs, which means that any macros or linked elements that looked at those specific row IDs would no longer work.  Hi Bob T. and Ian.  Ian is correct, it does require using sheet workers, but it might be possible to reuse the id, but the original one must be deleted first. I have an existing issue to add sorting, but it's way down on the list because it will require a lot of work, assuming reusing the id is possible.  Thanks, Ken
Would it be possible to create "sub inventories" for sorting items per container (bags, backpacks, etc)? So when a container is unchecked, everything inside it is unchecked as well?
PL M. said: Would it be possible to create "sub inventories" for sorting items per container (bags, backpacks, etc)? So when a container is unchecked, everything inside it is unchecked as well? Or perhaps containers like in GCS? MadCoder said: Bob T. said: I would like to suggest sort by alphabet as an options for skills, advantages, disadvantages and inventory. Is that possible? Ian said: I'm fairly certain  that sorting repeating sections isn't supported by Roll20. It can be faked with sheet workers, by either retrieving all of the information and re-creating the existing rows in the desired order, but that means new row IDs, which means that any macros or linked elements that looked at those specific row IDs would no longer work.  Hi Bob T. and Ian.  Ian is correct, it does require using sheet workers, but it might be possible to reuse the id, but the original one must be deleted first. I have an existing issue to add sorting, but it's way down on the list because it will require a lot of work, assuming reusing the id is possible.  Thanks, Ken Not a problem, this is just something I thought more towards players who wants to keep their sheets easily organized.
Bob T. said: PL M. said: Would it be possible to create "sub inventories" for sorting items per container (bags, backpacks, etc)? So when a container is unchecked, everything inside it is unchecked as well? Or perhaps containers like in GCS? Could be, but I don't know if it would function in a similar way, due to the "drag and drop" nature of GCS itens.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
PL M. said: Bob T. said: PL M. said: Would it be possible to create "sub inventories" for sorting items per container (bags, backpacks, etc)? So when a container is unchecked, everything inside it is unchecked as well? Or perhaps containers like in GCS? Could be, but I don't know if it would function in a similar way, due to the "drag and drop" nature of GCS itens. I know that improved inventory management was something Mike had wanted but we didn't have a good to implement those type of changes. I'll take a look at the GCS inventory system to see how it works and how closely it can be replicated using Roll20 sheetworkers. I've heard that there is a new undocumented feature that allows nested tables but I'm not sure how that work inventory.
MadCoder said: I've heard that there is a new undocumented feature that allows nested tables Oooooh, can you share more about this? I'd love to be able to do this for some of the character sheets I'm working on, too.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Ian said: MadCoder said: I've heard that there is a new undocumented feature that allows nested tables Oooooh, can you share more about this? I'd love to be able to do this for some of the character sheets I'm working on, too. Hi Ian,&nbsp; It was in a post on Discord. It seems Roll20 stealtily released nested repeating sections last week, this was revealed in the community roundtable.<a href="https://www.twitch.tv/videos/824846067?t=1h3m30s" rel="nofollow">https://www.twitch.tv/videos/824846067?t=1h3m30s</a> But there is no further info on it so far, not even an example of use.
That is glorious! I’ll have some fun playing with that and trying to get it to work!&nbsp;
Some notes after using the latest update in play today: Again, casting from the Grimoire tab doesn't show up in chat unless you have &nbsp;"Show casting details on roll template" under the Gear tab unchecked. It helps to reset the modifier tool when you switch between different kinds of rolls. Otherwise, it might use the data&nbsp; from the wrong type of roll, thus doing things like applying SM to defenses. The attack summary always included the data for Mighty Blows, which not a single attack made today used at all. I checked and it was unchecked. Drowsy doesn't have a Z in it. Would it be possible to associate&nbsp;Encumbrance directly&nbsp;with a skill? For example, you could have a checkbox in the expansion for the skill, and the user could then check it for, say, Stealth. Something special would have to be done with Swimming,&nbsp;since it uses double Encumbrance penalties.
I like being able to have certain things automatically check for skills, like attacks and techniques. Would you be able to add the link-to-skill feature to skills themselves, so skills you intend to use at default can be put with other skills rather than under Techniques?
Beneficent coders, Here is a hopefully and quick and easy feature request: in the pop up info when you hover over "DAMAGE" in the "Combat":"Melee" tab, provide the syntax that lets you base damage off of your base thrust or swing damage.&nbsp; I know it's @{swing|thrust}±n, but I often have to look it up, and many of my players have no idea such a thing is even an option. What I suspect is not a quick and easy feature request: show what the above comes to.&nbsp; E.g. instead only seeing @{swing}, it would be nice to know that that comes to 1d6+1. Thanks for the great character sheet!

Edited 1608560694
Today I got a bug where dodge (or at least dodge and drop) couldn't get a value above 9 if the character were encumbered.&nbsp; EDIT: I tried to reproduce the bug, and I observed that is not only dodge, it's all defenses, and the character doesn't need to be encumbered. The odd thing is that this bug is not applying to all the sheets I have, just some of them, but to all PC sheets and some NPCs. I don't know if it has some relation to the number of items in inventory, once PCs tend to have a lot more stuff than NPCs, but these characters are unnable to get an effective defense value above 9, even if the base value is higher or if I include modifiers to the roll. EDIT 2: I could remove de 9 ceilling on the defense rolls here manually by checking and unchecking the defense modifiers option on the setup tab for that sheet only (had to do it on all the bugged sheets).
Range calculator with negative elevation (for upward shooting) does not work as intended, it should add 1 yard of distance per yard of elevation and instead removes 1.
Is it possible to import characters into this sheet? It's quite difficult to find solid information about this project in one place
I am certain that someone may have already asked this, so please forgive me.&nbsp; I am at work and can't take a lot of time to go through the entirety of the posts.&nbsp; Is there a way to import from the current version of GCS into the character sheet?
Hi guys, I found a small bug with the calculation of explosive damage when new target distances are entered. Changing the distance seems to only apply on the second and subsequent damage rolls after a change; for the first roll, the previous distance is still being used.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Bill B. said: I am certain that someone may have already asked this, so please forgive me.&nbsp; I am at work and can't take a lot of time to go through the entirety of the posts.&nbsp; Is there a way to import from the current version of GCS into the character sheet? John D. said: Is it possible to import characters into this sheet? It's quite difficult to find solid information about this project in one place Hi John D. and Bill B.,&nbsp; It is a community sheet that people can contribute to. Right now, I'm working on an import tool for GURPS Character Assistant and should be ready by this Monday.&nbsp; Thanks, Ken
Tän Z. said: Hi guys, I found a small bug with the calculation of explosive damage when new target distances are entered. Changing the distance seems to only apply on the second and subsequent damage rolls after a change; for the first roll, the previous distance is still being used. This sounds like it's a case of the damage being rolled before the target distance attribute change is propagated through the sheet. Normally, you need to click out of a field before the value is set, and the sheet can react. How does the explosive damage work for you if you click out of the distance box before triggering the roll?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone,&nbsp; I've been concentrating on the GCA import tool, which is now available. I can now go through previous posts to review bugs, features, etc. Version 2.6.0 Options Tab. Created sub-tabs for Sheet Options , Rules , and Import Added GURPS Character Assistant Importer. Go to Options/Gear Icon tab &gt; Import Sub Tab. There are instructions Added Knockback as a damage type Ranged&nbsp; Weapon Table. Fixed Malfunction ...Verify checkbox alignment Melee and Ranged Tables. Added a new field in expanded notes for Armor Divisor. If higher than 1, the AD will show on damage rolls.
This sheet continues to rule. I noticed today that my Unarmed Parry was not getting a +1 bump when I selected the Combat Reflexes box.&nbsp; My always-included-with-the-sheet active defenses did get their +1 bump.
Phenomenal work, Mike! I know my GM at least will be stoked about the GCA import... time to go make his day, I guess!
Hello everyone, I don't know if it is easy or even possible to implement such a feature, but my players continue to request/mention they would like a "simplified combat tab" option. A selectable option to have the Combat tab return to having all the sections Defense, Melee, Ranged, etc. to being on a single page instead of being separate tabs. Thank you for all the work you do.
This should help: Launch your game. Go to the 'collections' tab in the upper right corner of the screen. Check the option " &nbsp;Show macro quick bar?" Below your avatar at the bottom left of the screen you'll see a translucent grey box. This is the macro bar. Open a character sheet and find the dice icon you use to roll a skill. "Drag" the icon with your mouse onto the macro bar. Rename and organize your buttons as desired. Shaun said: Hello everyone, my players continue to request/mention they would like a "simplified combat tab" option
Cannot stress enough how useful dragging your rollable actions to your macro bar is! You can also use emoji in the button name (editable by right-click and choosing the rename option)&nbsp; to really trim down how much space they all take up.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Jay Sprenkle said: This should help: Launch your game. Go to the 'collections' tab in the upper right corner of the screen. Check the option " &nbsp;Show macro quick bar?" Below your avatar at the bottom left of the screen you'll see a translucent grey box. This is the macro bar. Open a character sheet and find the dice icon you use to roll a skill. "Drag" the icon with your mouse onto the macro bar. Rename and organize your buttons as desired. Shaun said: Hello everyone, my players continue to request/mention they would like a "simplified combat tab" option Ian said: Cannot stress enough how useful dragging your rollable actions to your macro bar is! You can also use emoji in the button name (editable by right-click and choosing the rename option)&nbsp; to really trim down how much space they all take up. Thanks Jay and Ian, good advice!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Captain Joy said: This sheet continues to rule. I noticed today that my Unarmed Parry was not getting a +1 bump when I selected the Combat Reflexes box.&nbsp; My always-included-with-the-sheet active defenses did get their +1 bump. Thanks Captain Joy! Yeah, the checkbox was added before the modifier column was added. I created a task to add that feature. I couldn't use it on the main skill because I won't know what people would enter or how it might be implemented, but with the new modifier column it's a lot easier to implement.&nbsp;
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Tän Z. said: Hi guys, I found a small bug with the calculation of explosive damage when new target distances are entered. Changing the distance seems to only apply on the second and subsequent damage rolls after a change; for the first roll, the previous distance is still being used. Ian said: Tän Z. said: Hi guys, I found a small bug with the calculation of explosive damage when new target distances are entered. Changing the distance seems to only apply on the second and subsequent damage rolls after a change; for the first roll, the previous distance is still being used. This sounds like it's a case of the damage being rolled before the target distance attribute change is propagated through the sheet. Normally, you need to click out of a field before the value is set, and the sheet can react. How does the explosive damage work for you if you click out of the distance box before triggering the roll? You're correct Ian, I just tested it. It's something to be aware of, you have to leave a field in order for the sheet to detect a change.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Idle said: Range calculator with negative elevation (for upward shooting) does not work as intended, it should add 1 yard of distance per yard of elevation and instead removes 1. Thanks Idle, I created bug issue to fix this.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
PL M. said: Today I got a bug where dodge (or at least dodge and drop) couldn't get a value above 9 if the character were encumbered.&nbsp; EDIT: I tried to reproduce the bug, and I observed that is not only dodge, it's all defenses, and the character doesn't need to be encumbered. The odd thing is that this bug is not applying to all the sheets I have, just some of them, but to all PC sheets and some NPCs. I don't know if it has some relation to the number of items in inventory, once PCs tend to have a lot more stuff than NPCs, but these characters are unnable to get an effective defense value above 9, even if the base value is higher or if I include modifiers to the roll. EDIT 2: I could remove de 9 ceilling on the defense rolls here manually by checking and unchecking the defense modifiers option on the setup tab for that sheet only (had to do it on all the bugged sheets). Thanks PL M. I created a bug issue to fix it.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Captain Joy said: Beneficent coders, Here is a hopefully and quick and easy feature request: in the pop up info when you hover over "DAMAGE" in the "Combat":"Melee" tab, provide the syntax that lets you base damage off of your base thrust or swing damage.&nbsp; I know it's @{swing|thrust}±n, but I often have to look it up, and many of my players have no idea such a thing is even an option. What I suspect is not a quick and easy feature request: show what the above comes to.&nbsp; E.g. instead only seeing @{swing}, it would be nice to know that that comes to 1d6+1. Thanks for the great character sheet! Thanks Caption Joy, we have it several places, but it's good that you spotted another good spot for additional help. It's easy to miss the help text on the different popups. I created task to update the help text.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Jared said: I like being able to have certain things automatically check for skills, like attacks and techniques. Would you be able to add the link-to-skill feature to skills themselves, so skills you intend to use at default can be put with other skills rather than under Techniques? Hi Jared,&nbsp; Yes, that has been requested, it's on the list of updates.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Charles said: Some notes after using the latest update in play today: Again, casting from the Grimoire tab doesn't show up in chat unless you have &nbsp;"Show casting details on roll template" under the Gear tab unchecked. It helps to reset the modifier tool when you switch between different kinds of rolls. Otherwise, it might use the data&nbsp; from the wrong type of roll, thus doing things like applying SM to defenses. The attack summary always included the data for Mighty Blows, which not a single attack made today used at all. I checked and it was unchecked. Drowsy doesn't have a Z in it. Would it be possible to associate&nbsp;Encumbrance directly&nbsp;with a skill? For example, you could have a checkbox in the expansion for the skill, and the user could then check it for, say, Stealth. Something special would have to be done with Swimming,&nbsp;since it uses double Encumbrance penalties. Thanks Charles Created a bug issue to fix. That makes sense, it easy to forget to change them. It's the reason I added the reset button on each section so you don't have to open the tool modifier. Can you provide a screenshot and some additional information? You have a melee attack called Mighty Blow and there were notes for it for skill or damage roll? But when you attacked with a different melee attack it showed the notes for Mighty Blow? Drowsy doesn't have a Z in it. Thanks! An easy update.&nbsp; Good idea! I created a task for that.
Hey all, I'm having a difficult time converting GCS to roll20. I followed instructions but I'm getting a bug saying "jsonData.Character is undefined" when I go to import from either of the XML-JSON converter linked in instructions. Any ideas? Maybe I'm exporting to XML incorrectly somehow?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Derek T said: Hey all, I'm having a difficult time converting GCS to roll20. I followed instructions but I'm getting a bug saying "jsonData.Character is undefined" when I go to import from either of the XML-JSON converter linked in instructions. Any ideas? Maybe I'm exporting to XML incorrectly somehow? Hi Derek T,&nbsp; Would you be able to send me the GCA file? I can try the import process and see what might be going wrong. If you direct message me on Roll20 I'll provide my email address.
I am really liking this character sheet!&nbsp; Thank you for making it.&nbsp; I do have a question that I am having trouble finding an answer for (scrolling through the forums is a bit mind draining).&nbsp; I am working on a post-apoc game based one Fallout, I would like to add a Radiation Point Pool, but I am uncertain how to do that with the custom pools on the sheet.&nbsp; When I put the mouse over the Custom Pool it mentions the RP formula, but I don't know where or how to enter the formula on the sheet.&nbsp; Can someone help me with that?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Bill B. said: I am really liking this character sheet!&nbsp; Thank you for making it.&nbsp; I do have a question that I am having trouble finding an answer for (scrolling through the forums is a bit mind draining).&nbsp; I am working on a post-apoc game based one Fallout, I would like to add a Radiation Point Pool, but I am uncertain how to do that with the custom pools on the sheet.&nbsp; When I put the mouse over the Custom Pool it mentions the RP formula, but I don't know where or how to enter the formula on the sheet.&nbsp; Can someone help me with that? Thank you Bill B.&nbsp; The formula is an example of how you can use the Custom Pool. The screenshot below might help. Ken
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi all,&nbsp; A new version launched today, Version 2.6.1 contains a few bug fixes. Fix spelling error for drowsy. Reported by Charles Fix bug with checkbox Show casting details on roll template : The bug was if checked no roll is made, if unchecked the roll is made. Reported by Charles. Fix bug for mini-roll modifier tool. If Encumbrance level changed, the total may not calculate correctly. Reported by PL M. Fix but with range calculator. Math error calculating total distance when firing up. Reported by Idle
It is a small thing, but the Updates page lists the last two updates as being in 2020 rather than 2021.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Rob said: It is a small thing, but the Updates page lists the last two updates as being in 2020 rather than 2021. DANG IT! thanks Rob!
I can't replicate the Mighty Blows issue. I think it was acting as if the checkbox for the Mighty Blows option in the melee attack tool was checked, but it was not. It does have issues with SM in the tool, however. If I have a SM -3 monster attack a SM 0 PC, it doesn't get a +3 bonus unless I pretend the PC is SM +3.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Charles said: I can't replicate the Mighty Blows issue. I think it was acting as if the checkbox for the Mighty Blows option in the melee attack tool was checked, but it was not. It does have issues with SM in the tool, however. If I have a SM -3 monster attack a SM 0 PC, it doesn't get a +3 bonus unless I pretend the PC is SM +3. Thanks Charles, I added that as a bug to github. Ken
MadCoder said: The formula is an example of how you can use the Custom Pool. The screenshot below might help. Thank you.&nbsp; I thought that might be it.&nbsp; It was just after reading the tool tip that popped up showing the RP pool formula I thought maybe I was missing something on the sheet options, rules, or the attributes tab.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Hey guys, nice to see the new update! I love the import feature, it helps so much! On that topic, being the first version of said feature, I spotted 2 things that it may be having trouble with: Formatted text in GCA's Notes/Description text box messes up when imported. Could be the XML export, JSON conversion, I have no clue, i'm just letting you know; Second order Modifiers (a modifier that modifies another modifier) and above don't show after import. Again, no clue what point of the process could be making them disappear. The "User Notes" fields from GCA do seem to import correctly. Again, thanks for the great work! I wish you all a great 2021!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Valter said: Hey guys, nice to see the new update! I love the import feature, it helps so much! On that topic, being the first version of said feature, I spotted 2 things that it may be having trouble with: Formatted text in GCA's Notes/Description text box messes up when imported. Could be the XML export, JSON conversion, I have no clue, i'm just letting you know; Second order Modifiers (a modifier that modifies another modifier) and above don't show after import. Again, no clue what point of the process could be making them disappear. The "User Notes" fields from GCA do seem to import correctly. Again, thanks for the great work! I wish you all a great 2021! Thank you Valter for testing the import feature.&nbsp; Formatted text in GCA's Notes/Description text box messes up when imported. Could be the XML export, JSON conversion, I have no clue, i'm just letting you know; I'm debating on what to do with the notes. GCA appears to use its own text formatting code, it's not something I recognize. Right now the option is to leave the marked up text as is and update it manually or don't import the notes. I'm open to any suggestions.&nbsp; Second order Modifiers (a modifier that modifies another modifier) and above don't show after import. Again, no clue what point of the process could be making them disappear. The "User Notes" fields from GCA do seem to import correctly. Can you provide an example? I might be able to figure out a solution. Currently, the exported data has two fields, base skill (level) and final skill (level). I calculate the modifier using (final skill - base skill) and place the modifier in the modifier text box. There's no description on the skill/attribute itself that explains where the modifier comes from.&nbsp; I do have some ideas to figure out where modifiers come from, including conditional modifiers, but it might require looping through the data again to search attributes that modify the skill. I'm hesitant on implementing that since it does require more processing that might bog down the browser.&nbsp; Thanks, Ken
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
MadCoder said: Charles said: I can't replicate the Mighty Blows issue. I think it was acting as if the checkbox for the Mighty Blows option in the melee attack tool was checked, but it was not. It does have issues with SM in the tool, however. If I have a SM -3 monster attack a SM 0 PC, it doesn't get a +3 bonus unless I pretend the PC is SM +3. Thanks Charles, I added that as a bug to github. Ken Hi Charles, It does have issues with SM in the tool, however. If I have a SM -3 monster attack a SM 0 PC, it doesn't get a +3 bonus unless I pretend the PC is SM +3. When attacking someone, based on Rules as Written, only the target's Size Modifier is used, you don't use the difference between attacker and the target. Instead, height difference rules are used. Thanks, Ken
When attacking someone, based on Rules as Written, only the target's Size Modifier is used, you don't use the difference between attacker and the target. Instead, height difference rules are used. Thanks, Ken According to the GURPS FAQ, you use base SM for ranged attacks and relative SM for melee attacks (with a max net bonus of +4).
You got a link to that FAQ?
Ian said: You got a link to that FAQ? Sure: <a href="http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/faq/FAQ4-3.html#SS3.4.2.23" rel="nofollow">http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/faq/FAQ4-3.html#SS3.4.2.23</a> here you go.