Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Crashing

For several hours, my API has been crashing, stating a "possible infinite loop detected". I haven't installed any new scripts since last running the API successfully. I disabled every script and tried restarting with just the 5e OGL by Roll20, figuring that was the probably a stable script, but it continues to crash. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there something I can do to get my scripts up and running again? Taylor
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you disable everything and use just this script: log('API Starting'); on('ready',()=>{ log('API Ready event'); setTimeout(()=>log('API running at 1s.'),1000); }); Do you get 3 log messages, and does it still crash?
Just ran it. It still crashes. (Honored by the way to have gotten a response from THE The Aaron)

Edited 1611809871
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Disable scripts until you find the culprit.  You have one and it ISN'T Roll20
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Do you get any of the log messages from that script I posted?  What character sheet are you using? If you disable it, does the API work?
Curious if this is my issue too . My scripts havn' worked for two weeks and ideleted everything out.  the above log didn't work for me either. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm. Could either of you PM me an invite me to your game and GM me? Did you try removing the character sheet?
After some digging last night, it looks like the issue has been found and resolved.  You should (both) be good to go now!
Thank you so much. Scripts are re-enabled and everything seems to working fine.