Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nest macro with same name, but differnet output

I am trying to create a drop-down menu macro, but I'm lazy and I want to minimize the buttons I have to click. I want to be able to write a macro, that asks for "Do you like fruit?" but the outputs will be different: ?{Do you like fruit?|Yes, 10 apples|No, 5 apples} ?{Do you like fruit?|Yes, 8 bananas|No, 2 bananas} The first query overwrites the second. The only way I have succeeded in building two different queries changing the "name of the macro", but this results in me having to click/choose "Yes or No" twice instead just of once. ?{Do you like fruit?|Yes, 10 apples|No, 5 apples} ?{Do you like fruit 2 ?|Yes, 8 bananas|No, 2 bananas} I hope you understand my question, and there is a solution out there!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not possible as written, queries with the same name use the same result: ?{Do you like fruit?|Yes, 10 apples|No, 5 apples} ?{Do you like fruit?} In terms of your example, the above is how the macro is interpreted. There are ways to minimise clicks, option selections and other such 'time consuming' activities... as a keen over-engineer of solutions to non-existent first world problems there may well be some advice I could offer but it would be easier with a specific in game example, unless you are playing the oft-maligned and underrated RPG 'The Grocer's Tale'?
<a href="https://fexlabs.com/5ejump/" rel="nofollow">https://fexlabs.com/5ejump/</a> has created a Jump calculator. I wish to recreate that in Roll20, thus I and the GM doesn't have to leave the VTT and can continue to play. My barbarian/monk has the "Totem Spirit: Tiger + Step of the Wind + Boots of Striding and Springing". The macro I have created is: &amp;{template:traits} {{name=Let's Jump To Conclusions}} {{description= With a running start... (Athlete: 5 feet of movement) Remaining Speed: [[(?{Step of the Wind?| Yes , 2 | No , 1 }*@{selected|speed})-5]] feet Long jump: [[ [[?{Step of the Wind?| Yes , 2 | No , 1 }*(@{selected|strength} + ?{ Raging? |Yes, 10|No, 0})]]*3 ]] feet horizontally. High jump: [[ [[?{Step of the Wind?| Yes , 2 | No , 1 }*(3 + @{selected|strength_mod} + ?{ Confirm Raging ? |Yes, 3|No, 0})]]*3]] feet off the ground. R each up and grab something: [[ [[[[?{Step of the Wind?| Yes , 2 | No , 1 }*(3 + @{selected|strength_mod} + ?{ Confirm Raging ? |Yes, 3|No, 0})]]*3]] + [[6*1.5]] ]] feet off the ground. }}

Edited 1612383421
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
So, while you can't change the answers of the same question, you can reuse them. Below is a macro that I believe should work. I replaced the confirm query with&nbsp; floor(?{Raging?}/3) which divides 10 by 3 and rounds down to 3 which will give new responses in that section of 3 and 0 for yes and no. &amp;{template:traits} {{name=Let's Jump To Conclusions}} {{description= With a running start... (Athlete: 5 feet of movement) Remaining Speed: [[(?{Step of the Wind?|Yes,2|No,1}*@{selected|speed})-5]] feet Long jump: [[ [[?{Step of the Wind?}*(@{selected|strength} + ?{Raging?|Yes, 10|No, 0})]]*3 ]] feet horizontally. High jump: [[ [[?{Step of the Wind?}*(3 + @{selected|strength_mod} + floor(?{Raging?}/3))]]*3]] feet off the ground. Reach up and grab something: [[ [[[[?{Step of the Wind?}*(3 + @{selected|strength_mod} + floor(?{Raging?}/3))]]*3]] + [[6*1.5]] ]] feet off the ground. }} Also quick note, since the&nbsp; [[6*1.5]] part in the reach section is hardcoded it seems like you could just write 9. It also seems like the high jump math is a bit off? Here is one with how I interpret the RAW in the PHB&nbsp; &amp;{template:traits} {{name=Let's Jump To Conclusions}} {{description= With a running start... (Athlete: 5 feet of movement) Remaining Speed: [[(?{Step of the Wind?|Yes,2|No,1}*@{selected|speed})-5]] feet Long jump: [[ [[?{Step of the Wind?}*(@{selected|strength} + ?{Raging?|Yes, 10|No, 0})]]*3 ]] feet horizontally. High jump: [[ 3 + @{selected|strength_mod} ]] feet off the ground. Reach up and grab something: [[ 3 + @{selected|strength_mod} + [[6*1.5]] ]] }} Missed that it's Tiger Barbarian and jump distance &nbsp;for step of the wind also includes height, my mistake!
Amazing Jordan, I am familiar with dice references but I'm still learning. floor() in this case works perfectly. Thank you! "Now I can jump to conclusions"