So I tend to use a lot of rollable background in my games and without an API it can get annoying to change to the map layer every time and manually change/remembering the right side. I finally gave up and I decided to use an api for that. The best candidate was TheAaron's TokenMod. Tutorial 1. Create a map folder and make 2 characters inside it one called _map and one called _side 2.   Using the API save these scripts as macros a. map_setup !token-mod --set  represents|@{_map|character_id} b. side_setup !token-mod --set  represents|@{_side|character_id} 3. Click on every side and run side_setup, click on every map an run map_setup 4. Save these macro to use in your game a. map_change !token-mod --ids @{_map|character_id}  --current_page --set currentside|?{Which Side?|1. <first_object> ,1|2. <second_object> ,2|...| <N> . <Nth_object> , <N> } b. side_change !token-mod --ids @{_side|character_id}  --current_page --set currentside|?{Which Side?|1. <first_object> ,1|2. <second_object> ,2|...| <N> . <Nth_object> , <N> } This is the result. Enjoy! :)