Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Vision for individual tokens

Currently, players who control multiple tokens have no way of differentiating the vision of of one token from another. Is there a way for players to view the vision of one single token, rather than all of them at once? It would be nice if they could. The reason I ask is that I play Advanced Dungeons & Dragons and the rules for spellcasting dictate that spellcasters may center their spells only in spaces which they can see. Currently, players have to ask the GM “Can this character see here?” The GM then has to select the character in question and press Ctrl+L to view that character’s vision to make a judgement.
You may want to cancel your vote here and add it (and your comments!) to this suggestion instead: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1458455/add-a-seen-by-drop-down-to-tokens/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1458455/add-a-seen-by-drop-down-to-tokens/?pagenum=1</a> which already has (at the time of this post) 245 votes. There is some discussion later in the thread about making vision "per token" vs "per player" so there is relevance to your suggestion.
Nope. That thread is for making tokens invisible to certain players if you actually read it.

Edited 1613417565
I think your chances of getting any traction are better there, as I believe any method that will allow visibility by token will have to include vision by token (something like Ctrl-L for players, basically, as you suggest). If your suggestion does not get 10 votes within 30 days, it will close. If it does, you may want to toss your vote and your use cases over there.

Edited 1613427793
Rabulias said: I think your chances of getting any traction are better there, as I believe any method that will allow visibility by token will have to include vision by token (something like Ctrl-L for players, basically, as you suggest). If your suggestion does not get 10 votes within 30 days, it will close. If it does, you may want to toss your vote and your use cases over there. Nope that&nbsp; thread&nbsp; is basically the opposite of what I want and considering it already has over 100 votes and is over six years old (which tells me volumes about how the DEV team feels about it), I’m certain my votes are far better spent elsewhere. Especially since my idea isn’t a duplicate of anyone else’s to my knowledge.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .