Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Free][5e] Monday Nights in the Maze - AD&D style - 7pm EST Monday nights

Edited 1613409489
Im looking for 6 players for a game of Barrowmaze. Setting: Barrowmaze takes place in The Dutchy of Aerik, a swampy dutchy in the realms of Greyhawk. Inside this swamp the dead rise in large numbers - and with sentience. Anti undead adventuers, clerics, paladins, ect have come from all over the realms and found these undead are resistant to turning, smarter than the normal zombie. In the Dutchy there are a few towns. Ironguard Motte, Helix, and a couple thorps. Its not very populated, however the nearby swamp is a massive burial ruin of an old cult. The culture the ruins are from is not well known, nor are its religious practices, but people tell tales of a magical nation that once lived in the area when it was not a swamp. Story: Kinda described in the setting, the story will revolve around the party exploring the area in a sandbox hex-crawl style. Most large mega dungeons segment themself into levels. IE - Level 1 is a low level entry and at the bottom of the dungeon on level 20 is the Balor. Barrowmaze eschews this and instead opts for an Overground area that has 100+ Barrow mounds (small dungeons inside a hill with 1-8 rooms and an underground mega dungeon with 400+ rooms but all on ONE level, so you can wander from one "wing" of the dungeon that is based around zombies annd wander into the dragons den at level 1. Since it is a 100% sandbox exploreation to learn about the duingeon, the people who made it, and why the undead are raising smarter every day. If you dont feel ready to fight the dragon, then dont, go the other way. Rules: &nbsp;Discord is for chat/voice and Roll20 for game, i made a discord server for the gamer already and have a chan on there with custom rules listed. This game uses a modified version of "5e Hardcore" and brings back several things from the 2nd edition days of dnd. I created this image in order to show the rules in an easy to read format before joining the server. <a href="https://imgur.com/a/KEXcpv4" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/KEXcpv4</a> Abou the DM: Ive been on roll20 since 2013 DMing and ran games before that for years, probably close to 20 years of running games now or otherwise playing dnd in some form. I run 3 games a week if i count this one im forming and love being an unending DM. I value narrative sense and versimilitude over RAW and video-gamey type thinking about how abilitys function. the words "i dont know how the ability does this, but it says it, so it works" are not acceptable. If there is no imaginable way for the thing your attempting to function in a method that makes any kind of sense then it just does not work. A simple example; If Galactus came to attack the planet and a Rune Knight turned themself into a 5mi tall giant, the Protection Style Fighter at her heel can not impose disadvantage on Galactus who is fighting 5 mi up in the air against the Rune Knight. Hope to find 6 players for this game so we can do some good ol fashioned dungeon and hex exploration.
&nbsp;Sent a pm
I'd like to join
picked up 2 from reddit so four slots left, still havent heard from either of you evan or gorgan. anyone else? the variant rules arent as scary as they might seem