Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow the edit of multiple tokens at once for damage or marking.

So one of my players decided to fireball a group of 8 elementals and I started thinking to myself as I typed "-36" for the sixth time, "There has to be an easier way to do this..."  Then I though, "Why can't I edit multiple tokens at the same time." So roll20, why can't I edit multiple tokens at the same time?  Maybe highlight the tokens that failed their save and just type "-36" once! The same goes for marking multiple tokens with Icons all at once instead of one by one.  If suddenly half of my enemies become wounded by a big AOE and I want to mark them all with the half-heart icon, it would be nice if I could do that!  Maybe instead of making a big square around the tokens I want to highlight, I could just hold shift and start clicking tokens and they could have a glowing blue outline around them or something.  That would also be a lot easier to identify visually rather than the big square that appears around everything currently.
As a Pro user, you have access to API scripts, which can do this. There is a script called Apply Damage The code is on Github here . The thread for the script is here .

Edited 1613542569
I have no idea how to use scripts with roll20, this feels like I whole other thing I'm going to have to figure out.  I'll look into this, but it would also be nice if there was a way to just do this with the main interface as it feels like something a lot of DMs will have to deal with.  In the meantime, thank you for the info!
Sure! Certainly not wanting to invalidate your suggestion, just offering a possible workaround in the meantime. :-)
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .