Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding new data-i18n stuff to translations.json in Custom Sheet issue

Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm currently working on a custom sheet and doing a lot of, make some changes, upload, test.  Until a few days ago this was no problem.  Now however I'm finding new entries in translations.json don't work I just get the red [rawvaluehere] stuff on the sheet.  I had no problems with doing this prior and I can't find anything off in the translations.json.  When checking the custom sheet translations.json window I see my saved changes reflected in the json as well. Two examples "dr": "DR", "preparations": "Preparations", When searching either I find no duplicates and I tried changing the left side to something that is 100% unique to no avail. Please advise? Chuz
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Its best to test how translations look last, because the system is fairly buggy and stops registering changes after a while, which is what I think is happening to you.  If you create a new campaign, and copy your html and css to that, it should start working again.
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
GiGs said: Its best to test how translations look last, because the system is fairly buggy and stops registering changes after a while, which is what I think is happening to you.  If you create a new campaign, and copy your html and css to that, it should start working again. Funny thing is, this started with me fixing "preperations": "Preparations",  (notice the mispelled left side) on both the sheet and the JSON, I just tested and if I make data-i18n="perperations" again it displays correctly even though the translations.json does not have that value anymore. Ok with this last realization, I think you are exactly right.  I'll survive with the red [stuff] for now and when I have significant changes (enough to commit and push) then I'll do a test in a new lobby. Thanks, Chuz