Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP - I need a couple brave volunteers!

Hello all! I am trying to develop a play-by-post strategy board game that is heavily influenced by Game of Thrones Board Game, Civilization, Risk, and others. I am cooking up the rules as of now, and need about three people interested in play testing it. The map is nearly done, and it is pretty simple. Since its a play test, it will be accelerated (normally I think I am going to gear it for a weekly input, but maybe every other day for the test). Your availability doesn't need to be too heavy, as you just need to submit your 'actions' before a set deadline [not going to lie, this could take anywhere from a couple minutes early game, and maybe 10-20 minutes late game depending on your typing speed]. (Say, it might be 11:00pm PST every other night), and the resolutions will happen within the next couple days. Please keep in mind this is super alpha stage, so if you are expecting perfect balance and utility, this may not be for you, I might even change things from one day to the next (not secretly, I will post it), so it might make some actions not as effective. If you are patient and just want to help, let me know!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm curious about this. Do you plan on using custom tokens for resources or something more simple? I'm familiar with play by post games and their speed or lack of it. Every couple days posting would work for me but I could do daily if needed.
Gold
Forum Champion
What's the scale of each hex in that? The west-central river looks a bit... odd... on your map, and could be made more convincing with a little tweak. The river on the west side that forks, one would expect the forks to be tributaries joining together from the mountainous interior (as with the other river with forks, in the east) rather than a river dividing apart as it flows to the sea. This is just some friendly feedback. The map looks fun aside from that one outstanding quirk.
I missed that Gold! I'll alter it tonight to be a second river that runs parallel and starts near the fork. I plan on having land generate resources, and will have tokens record those resources. Players will be able to name the lands that they take.
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/15603/regicide-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/15603/regicide-</a>... Alright! So I have the map and rules updated to a playable point. I need three brave volunteers to do a quick dry and dirty run. Basically you will submit me the turns to which you want to occur, and I will do all the math behind the scenes. I think for the test I would like to do every third day being a 'phase'. Normally I would do it every week, or maybe twice a week, but since this is an alpha test, I feel like speed would help. There won't be any sea areas yet, I figure I should work out the kinks in the land territories first, and deal with the rivers and what not. If you are interested post here please!