Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I would Like to have everything not revealed and when something is revealed it stays bright lit always for everybody?

Is there a way to do this.  I do not want it greyed out like in fog of war.  Basically its a wilderness map. and parts that are explored I want to remain bright lit for everybody.  I find if you have it grayed out with fog of war its not good for player experience, as  the players still feel locked in a little radius of site, when they should feel like they explored it all.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you were pro there is an api script that would work perfect for this. At your sub level, you might want to try out global lighting combined with what you have already if you are not doing that already. This is the only thing I can think of right now that would do close to what you want. I would suggest to make a copy of your game and test out any changes on it first. This is to protect your current game while getting to test with existing setting.
Thanks man.  But doing that just lights up whole map for some reason, even when reset fog. All perimeters are in check too with view and fog view set small. Now even the fog aint working.  Very funny this thing.  I think they should include this option since they redoing it anyway.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Sounds like you might want to try using  Light Crumbs
Thanks David , yes thats a way to do that for sure.  I use that before when using things like a fire place in a house.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
OmegaOm said: Thanks man.  But doing that just lights up whole map for some reason, even when reset fog. All perimeters are in check too with view and fog view set small. Now even the fog aint working.  Very funny this thing.  I think they should include this option since they redoing it anyway. Sorry the suggestion did not work out. It was the only thing I could think of other than the API scripts.