Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Campaigns question

Hello, Alright so I've come up with an idea for my game and it requires me to GM two games, is it possible to synchronize them somehow? what I mean by that is like bring them together eventually? I'm running a band of Mercenaries in one game for instance in a Hive World(Dark Heresy) doing quests, taking missions. and in the other side, I'm running someone as a "Planetary Lord" building infrastructure, Military power and such. So, what can I do?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
You can split the party on one game by dragging individual players to separate maps. That's all I got.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I would recommend running two separate campaigns then later on upgrading your subscription to mentor level so you can access the transmogrifier (or do that now) to copy one game files to the main one (you could make it a third campaign and transfer both campaigns into it). Otherwise you would probably have to run it like Sam recommended. If you go two groups of players in one campaign, you would have to drag one set (individually) to their map then when the other group plays you would have to do the same with them.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, as a mentor you could probably achieve this with the Transmogrifier.
can I GM multiple games at the same time?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you have the chops to bounce between campaign boards then there would be no problem if your voice supports it. You can be in multiple boards at the same time.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Note: if you are running multiple games in the same browser and you refresh your browser you will load the most recently loaded game which may not be the game that was loaded in that window. To avoid this you may want to use separate browsers (such as Chrome and Firefox).
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I handle the multiple campaigns problem by setting up multiple users in chrome. Works perfectly! <a href="https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824?h" rel="nofollow">https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824?h</a>...
Alternatively you could just use two different browsers (IE / Firefox / Chrome / etc) or even two different computers (desktop + laptop) That being said, I can barely keep track of one game, let alone two simultaneously... I've no idea how you're managing that.

Edited 1404947281
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
(In my case, I'm working on API scripts and testing them on different campaigns, or working on bits of a campaign I'm running, while playing in a campaign)