Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Scripts Copy with Copy Game

Score + 285
This is annoying af... 

Edited 1612024550
5 years since this was suggested and NOTHING. This is why people are leaving for Foundry.
How does this have 11k views and only 152 upvotes? This is simply a necessity - Roll20 I understand the need for filtering of suggestions but why isn't this already proactively on your list (from 5 years ago)?
+1
Sheesh
+1

Edited 1615076637
As a professional GM, this would really help me out Roll20.  I have to make many copies of my games to serve all my customers and having to copy the scripts and re-tune all the settings each time is like an extra hour of work.  If you could please make this a reality, I would very much appreciate it.
+1
This. why it isn't already?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
괴생선 said: This. why it isn't already? The Aaron had some thoughts on that on the Pro forum. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9950520/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9950520/</a>
Bump, this is badly needed.
+1 Bump. I've lost a few DMs to this very issue for other products, such as Foundry. Spend some of your million to hire someone who can help with a copy paste function for creating new campaigns concerning scripts.&nbsp;

Edited 1623791229
smnc
Pro
Almost 6 years and "Copy Game" still lacks basic functionality like copying API scripts, game settings, and Custom Token Markers... Sure is a good thing you're still working on replacing the fully-functional legacy lighting system though.
+1 couldn't believe that this thread was 5 years old, ridiculous
+1.&nbsp;
+1
For the love of [insert pantheon entity of choice], we need this. It is ridiculous for this to be waiting for 200 votes to be acknowledged as the issue it obviously is.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The Aaron had some thoughts on this subject a while back on the Pro forum.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9950520/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9950520/</a>
+1
+1
Please please let's make this happen! +1
+1
A.J. Falcon
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Another professional DM who sorely wishes that this was a feature! Pleas please, this would make my job so much quicker and easier.
+1
+!
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
As useless as it seems... +1.
I am actually wondering how they sell APIs so hard (as a feature for Pro) and then disallow copy api. Oh well, technical debt, here I come. +1
Anthony said: +1 When using the Copy Game feature, there should be an option to copy the API scripts in it. &nbsp;I use it as a backup mechanism when I'm about to delve into things I don't quite understand, in case I blow it up, and the fact that I have to manually copy all my scripts across to the backup makes it about 50% useless. &nbsp;It only does half the job. &nbsp;The scripts represent a large portion of the work that goes into a game, and you should be able to copy them, or at least transmogrify them. Since API Scripts need to be applied outside the game I can't really think of a way to copy them via Transmogrifier. However it should be possible to copy them with the campaign itself! Regarding Transmogrifier we should be able to copy Macros (Player / GM) from one campaign to another. This would be a huge improvement as there are some Macros I use in different campaigns.
+1 please
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1 I think "Copy Game" should copy the API scripts along with everything else.&nbsp; As a former computer programmer, I've learned the value of backups. When I create a backup of a game, I want it to back up EVERYTHING so that in the event of some kind of catastrophic failure, or the game getting into some unrecoverable weird state, I can go to the backup version and continue my game.&nbsp;
Bump
+1&nbsp;