Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Queried Macros Help

One of my players has like 17 powers his character can do, and so in an attempt to clean up his token actions bar from all the macros I've made for him I set up one Queried Macro that should fire the selected power.  However, it seems to be running straight through the scope of the macros before they've been selected. Here's what I have.  %ForcePower ?{Select Force Power|Assured Strike,%{Stelin|AssuredStrike} |Battle Strike,%{Stelin|BattleStrike} |Concentration (Light Side),%{Stelin|Concentration} |Energy Resistance,%{Stelin|EnergyResistance}|Enlighten,%{Stelin|Enlighten} |Force Blast,%{Stelin|ForceBlast} |Intercept,%{Stelin|Intercept} |Levitate,%{Stelin|Levitate} |Mind Trick,%{Stelin|MindTrick} |Move Object,%{Stelin|MoveObject} |Negate Energy,%{Stelin|NegateEnergy} |Rebuke,%{Stelin|Rebuke} |Sever Force (Light Side),%{Stelin|SeverForce}|Shield,%{Stelin|Shield}|Surge,%{Stelin|Surge}|Vital Transfer,%{Stelin|VitalTransfer} |Vornskyrs Ferocity,%{Stelin|VornskyrsFerocity} } And the first option, %AssuredStrike, runs as follows &{template:sagadefault} {{header=Assured Strike [Lightsaber Form]}} {{subheader=Standard Action; One enemy within reach;}} {{type=power}} {{skillname=Use the Force}} {{skillcheck=[[1d20+@{Selected|UsetheForce}+?{Other Modifiers|0}[Other]]]}} {{less15=Nothing happens!}} {{more30=**Attack:*** [[?{Force Point for Extra Roll?|No,2|Yes,3}d20k1+@{Stelin|BAB} + @{Stelin|DEX|max}+3]] vs [[@{Target|Reflex}]]}} {{15=[[?{Force Point for Extra Roll?|No,2|Yes,3}d20k1+@{Stelin|BAB} + @{Stelin|DEX|max}+3 -5]] vs [[@{Target|Reflex}]] }} {{20=[[?{Force Point for Extra Roll?|No,2|Yes,3}d20k1+@{Stelin|BAB} + @{Stelin|DEX|max}+3-2]] vs [[@{Target|Reflex}]] }} {{25=[[?{Force Point for Extra Roll?|No,2|Yes,3}d20k1+@{Stelin|BAB} + @{Stelin|DEX|max}+3-1]] vs [[@{Target|Reflex}]] }} {{Juyo=If you have the Juyo Talent and miss with both attack rolls, this Form Power remains in your Force Power Suite instead of being spent as normal.}}{{Target: = @{Target|Token_Name}}} The Assured Strike macro works perfectly how I intended it. But when I run the %ForcePower macro, it immediate asks for the target token from Assured Strike and I can't select a force power from the query. (I don't even have the other Force Powers set up, yet)  I'm familiar with some coding and scripting languages, so it seems like it's drawing from a scope it shouldn't be able to access until I select the Power.  Any solutions? 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You'll be running into the issue of having 'illegal' characters bleeding into your query as the chat tries to parse everything at once. A relatively simple solution is to use a chat menu which I worked through a similar situation with recently in this thread . This post specifically addresses the kind of syntax you'll want to use to create a button for an ability that has these query breaking characters in it. Shout out if you need any further help with it.