Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

HELP "Add Script" not working for my API Script

kahn265
Pro
API Scripter
I created the "Starfinder Guidance" script. I wanted to verify that it is working, but when I click "Add Script", the page refreshes, but it doesn't add. Does anyone have any ideas why? This is the actual link to the roll20-api-scripts repo Github - Guidance directory
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I've confirmed that I have the same issue with that script.  The setup looks correct to me, I've mentioned it to the Devs, so hopefully they can get it sorted out.
kahn265
Pro
API Scripter
Thanks!

Edited 1615337603
Jeff L.
Roll20 Team
Hey kahn265, Taking a look at this for you.  I suspect it may be an issue with some brittle parsing on our end failing to load your script because "dependencies" is misspelled in your script.json. I will confirm this and get a resolution ASAP, hopefully sometime early tomorrow. - Jeff

Edited 1615341082
kahn265
Pro
API Scripter
Jeff L. said: Hey kahn265, Taking a look at this for you.  I suspect it may be an issue with some brittle parsing on our end failing to load your script because "dependencies" is misspelled in your script.json. I will confirm this and get a resolution ASAP, hopefully sometime early tomorrow. - Jeff *looks* (geeze, I'm a dumb****) I wonder why the schema checker didn't catch that? Whether that is the issue or not, I'll do  I've opened a PR to fix it. Thank you Jeff! You'd think being a SDET in real life, I'd've caught that. But then again, I'm seeing a new bugs in the spaceship parsing I need to fix.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I feel your pain. Last week I left off the .js file extension of an updated version of my script and it didn't get rejected either. Pull request went through and then my one-click was broken for a week. Not sure how much of this is handled by automated processes...
kahn265
Pro
API Scripter
David M. said: I feel your pain. Last week I left off the .js file extension of an updated version of my script and it didn't get rejected either. Pull request went through and then my one-click was broken for a week. Not sure how much of this is handled by automated processes... Trying to code Devops isn't easy and it's difficult to test. I was amazed when I saw how easy it was to submit one-click.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I can imagine. This was less of a complaint and more of an observation :) The onus is on us to ensure proper formatting, etc. It's just painful when you have a once/week publishing and don't realize your mistake until after the window has passed! 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
My last three updates all had issues, that upon investigation were stupid mistakes by me.
kahn265
Pro
API Scripter
Thanks for commiseration..... looks at new API SCRIPTER badge..   😎
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: My last three updates all had issues, that upon investigation were stupid mistakes by me. I have yet to find my stupidity, but I'm sure I will. =D kahn265 said: Thanks for commiseration..... looks at new API SCRIPTER badge..    Check you out! =D Congratulations!

Edited 1615986790
kahn265
Pro
API Scripter
This issue is still persisting after fix has been merged. Any assistance as to why it's failing and if there is anything I can do would be appreciated.