Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pixels dice

Hello! I've seen on the Pixels kickstarter page that they are planning on being able to integrate with Roll 20.  Is that a Pro-level feature, or will it be available to anyone?
I’m considering backing this Kickstarter as well but would love to confirmation about roll20 functionality. 
Same here I asked the creator of Pixel to see if they can get a demo.  Maybe if more of us ask for that they will
According to the creator on the kickstart page: As far as I know right now you do not need to be a PRO subscriber but I could be wrong about this. As I said right now things are still being built but Roll20 has seen the dice and are very excited to get it work well with their platform. I have the plugin compiled and installed on Chrome on my computer already, just need some dice. Please keep in mind this is a very early implementation and will be more robust by the time the dice release. Here is a demo video: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zL45t2f4fg&amp;t=1s" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zL45t2f4fg&amp;t=1s</a>
That sounds fairly promising.&nbsp; I backed the kickstarter for 1 die, but if we can get confirmation that it would be available to all users, I might be persuaded to back for more.&nbsp; I sent an email to support, but so far have not heard anything.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Based on the video, I speculate that there is an API script and a browser extension.&nbsp; The browser extension reads the data from the dice and then sends it to the API which does "things".
Yeah it looks like it's paired with an API (based on the green API tooltip), but I would think it should be possible to integrate the physical dice rolls into Roll20 with only a browser extension, similar to what the Beyond20 extension does. No API required for those rolls to get ported into Roll20.
The Aaron said: Based on the video, I speculate that there is an API script and a browser extension.&nbsp; The browser extension reads the data from the dice and then sends it to the API which does "things". That's what I had thought as well - it said "API or Player-generated roll."&nbsp; However, I was hoping that would change as the product is developed.&nbsp; I guess we'll see...
I am just happy to know it will work....&nbsp; Now hoping it will work when I roll 2 d20s for Advantage or Disadvantage.&nbsp; Or 8 D6 for Fireballs (ok I am not buying that many but will buy 2 sets so I will have 3d4, 4d6, 3d8, 1d10, 1d100, 2d12, and 2d20