Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Adding more sound effects to the Roll20 Jukebox Selections

I recently created a list of automated sounds for use with API PowerCards/PCMH with what the average user has access to in the Roll20 Jukebox. While there are plenty of options for soundscapes and thematic music, I would love to see more sound effects added to the Jukebox.
To provide more clarity, because there are a TON of melee sound effects, but more spell effects would be wonderful.
Gold
Forum Champion
this "Sounds" really cool, Kyle! we can Upload our own sounds now on here, There is another suggestion thread for selling Sound packs in the Marketplace. The available sounds that exist, available now I think are BattleBards, Kevin McLeod's Incompetech, Tabletop Audio, and 1 or 2 more sources. Those providers may have more, or may create more, also.  If they have more already, this could be asking Roll20 to incorporate them. There's a lot of potential here. Happy to hear you're automating and using API scripts for sound triggers. The melee ones are good. I'm sure you already found the Psionics sounds (that you can easily re-use as Spells). More magic/spells would be great, more NPC voices too.
Gold, I've gotten a lot of use out of them as well as stuff I've uploaded :) I really loved the melee stuff and put it to good use for spells and attacks. I liked the Psionic stuff for charm-related spells and effects, the Mind Stun is my favorite.
Gold
Forum Champion
There's one called, I think, "Time Manipulation" that's very freaky sounding, would be good for Spells and also for Horror games. Yeah I like the sound of Mind Stun too. Sometimes I put it in "Play On Page Load". For just a quick clap & test of the sound at the start of a new map. I haven't gotten into API triggering sounds with Macros yet (such as Roll20 AM Audio Manager script, or Power Cards script). I'm interested in learning how to do that properly.  I've thought about doing "battle cry", in which I'd ask each player to record/send their Character's battle-shout voice as a sound snippit. We used to have access to SoundCloud service through Roll20's Jukebox, unfortunately SoundCloud company changed their business and disallowed it. There was a super-wide variety of sounds from soundcloud. Kyle M. said:  I liked the Psionic stuff for charm-related spells and effects, the Mind Stun is my favorite.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .