Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Troika Character Sheet for Roll20

Andy H.
Pro
API Scripter
I'm starting up a Troika adventure on Roll20 and I've put together a character sheet that can work.  It's still in its infancy, but it's functional for now.  I wasn't sure if I should post the character sheet html/css elsewhere, but I'd be happy to. Here's what it currently looks like....
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you want extra eyes on it (and bug testers), you might want to create a public test game (and post the link in this thread) that people can join to see how your sheet behaves.  You might want to install the Welcome Package api so that a character sheet will be generated for each person joining so that you don't have to create/assign sheets.  Possibly turn on importing characters if this is a sheet that people might be migrating to from another existing sheet so they can see what character data makes the transition. Good luck with your sheet as you smooth out whatever wrinkles remain!

Edited 1615652323
Andy H.
Pro
API Scripter
Kraynic said: If you want extra eyes on it (and bug testers), you might want to create a public test game (and post the link in this thread) that people can join to see how your sheet behaves.&nbsp; You might want to install the Welcome Package api so that a character sheet will be generated for each person joining so that you don't have to create/assign sheets.&nbsp; Possibly turn on importing characters if this is a sheet that people might be migrating to from another existing sheet so they can see what character data makes the transition. Good luck with your sheet as you smooth out whatever wrinkles remain! Thanks for the suggestion! I did note that by adding the Welcome Package API it messed up the character sheet that I had built. I think it was actually use of HTML Builder &nbsp;which I hadn't been using before.&nbsp; In any case, simple change and everything is working again. Here's the link for the game... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/10149441/public-troika" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/10149441/public-troika</a>
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Sharing the code in a github gist would probably be most practical, it would be a stepping stone anyway for if/when you or someone else would submit the sheet to the roll20 repo so it would be available for everyone. Did you create your sheet due to the existing Roll20 Troika sheet being too simple/not enough for you? Is yours based on the existing one or created from scratch?
Andy H.
Pro
API Scripter
I created the Troika sheet because I couldn't find one when I went to create the game.&nbsp; &nbsp;No rules or sheets came up for Troika when I looked, so I thought I was on my own. The one I built is from scratch.&nbsp;
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Well, looking at the sheet menu there is one Troika sheet now, so might be a recent addition.

Edited 1615679714
Andy H.
Pro
API Scripter
Lol - I see it now.&nbsp; Thanks! It seems like a relatively nice version, too; although I wasn't able to save my name or background. It'd also be nice if there were some notes or story section to augment the sheet. Still, nice work on their part. I'll see if I can incorporate some of their ideas.
Andy H.
Pro
API Scripter
As a side note, I did notice that when creating a new game, one cannot currently pick TROIKA as a game system. Granted, there is no compendium or other Roll 20-sponsored companion data, but it would be nice to indicate the game system just to notify people of the content.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Like majority of the sheets, it's community created, so there isn't much to be announced. There are many sheets that get added constantly, and few make any big number out of it. And even if they had, you probably would have missed it anyway.