Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow adding art assets in their original size

When I drag an art asset I have bought from the gallery to the map, it automatically resizes — usually so the largest axis is 3 units, and the shorter axis gets rounded off to 1, 2, or 3 units. That is super  annoying when trying to build a map using tiles. I can get that this might be useful if you're adding tokens for monsters and stuff, but when making maps it's horrible. There ought to be a toggle that automatically adds the asset at its original size. Perhaps a "map-making mode" that both makes everything a drawing instead of a token, and makes all art added use its original dimensions.
Very good suggestion.
Gold
Forum Champion
Yes, please. ALSO under the Right Click > Advanced > Set Diminsions > add the option "Set to Original Size" Full size native resolution at 100% This is important both for personal uploads AND Roll20 Marketplace products. 
Wordforger
Plus
Marketplace Creator
+1 vote from me.  This would make it much simpler for people using map tiles.  We already are able to set the dimensions they're supposed to be at.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .