Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Storm Kings Thunder: Eye of the All Father Map not working

I am not sure what is going on with this map but it is not working at all.  Have run several different campaigns on Roll 20 with maps larger than this one but this one does not work.  For myself and all of my 6 players eventually Roll20 will stop responding and they will not be able to control their PCs.  Same thing for me as the DM.  Eventually, without fail the game will lock up and I would be able to make any changes.  I can't roll, open handout, move characters, etc. IN addition myself and several of my players have been unable to reload. They get the "red box" right away and nothing will load for them.  Been 3 weeks and no session for this group that has been playing this AP for over 1 year. The issue seems to be the scale. For some reason the chose to have each unit get broken down into 1/4 size.  AKA one single square becomes 16 squares.  Not only does this shrink down the monsters and PC so you cannot read things off there status bar. Don't even try to put a status option on at this size, it will cover up the entire token. As a result I am having to break this map down into 5 different parts to make this work.  Please fix this map OR if it is too big, break it down into 2 different maps.
The Eye of the All Father worked for me and my group, with legacy dynamic lighting enabled but no advanced fog of war (or Explorer Mode, the UDL analogue.) For some reason the chose to have each unit get broken down into 1/4 size. This is for tactical accuracy, because of the scale of the original map (1 square = 20 feet). I do get that this causes some frustration with the scaling of status bars and token markers. Do the other large maps in Storm King's Thunder cause the game to lock up, or is it just the Eye? Are there certain settings that work better than others?
So far just this map.  I just switched to the new lighting having used the old style on all previous maps.  I will say that some of my issues might be related to the recent bug related to opening character sheets.  I ended up dividing this map into 6 different ones and deleting the old map.  Funny part is some of these new maps are actually bigger than the old map but work much better.  I have them blown up on a 1 to 1 scale so that 16 squares still fit in the 1 sqaure on the drawn map.