Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

what is the error in this macro?

Edited 1616169035
I built a friend an excel sheet so that he can check off everything that applies to his attack; ie rapid shot, point blank, favored enemy, cover, etc. Then it generates a macro that he can cut and paste into chat. It ALMOST works. For some reason two of the values (crit confirms) aren't showing up. What I really gets my goat is that for the first attack, that value does show up, and for all the times I've checked it I can not see any difference in the first crit confrim and all subsequent crit confirms. Here is an example of the macro that gets generated. &{template:default} {{name=Mystic Fires!}}{{The first 2 arrow(s) hit AC = [[d20 + 11]]}}{{Crit confirm = [[d20 + 11]]}}{{damge = [[2*(1d8+8)]]}}{{A rapid shot slams AC = [[d20 + 11]]}}{{Crit confirm = [[d20 + 11]]}}{{ Damage  = [[(1d8 + 8)]]}}{{Another arrows pierces AC = [[d20 + 6]]}}{{Crit confirm = [[d20 + 6]]}}{{Damage  = [[(1d8+8)]]}}  And here is the output: I can provide the VBA that generates the roll20 macro if anyone would like to see it. But man I'm getting irritated at not being able to figure out what is wrong!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Duplicate names in a default template won't show up.  You can get around that by prefacing it with a unique number of spaces: &{template:default} {{name=Mystic Fires!}}{{The first 2 arrow(s) hit AC = [[d20 + 11]]}}{{Crit confirm = [[d20 + 11]]}}{{damge = [[2*(1d8+8)]]}}{{A rapid shot slams AC = [[d20 + 11]]}}{{ Crit confirm = [[d20 + 11]]}}{{ Damage  = [[(1d8 + 8)]]}}{{Another arrows pierces AC = [[d20 + 6]]}}{{  Crit confirm = [[d20 + 6]]}}{{Damage  = [[(1d8+8)]]}}
THANK YOU!!!!