Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using Dungeon of the Mad Mage in Dragon Heist

Right now I'm DMing Dragon Heist and one of the keys that I am using for the party to get into vault at the end requires that the party goes down the Yawning Portal into the Dungeon of the Mad Mage (I really think it was not cool of Dragon Heist to dangle the Yawning Portal in front of the characters but essentially tell them that they can't go down there.  I LOVE that my PCs will be going there!)  So now I've also purchased DotMM in Roll20, which comes with the Maps as an Add-on that I've been able to load into my DH campaign.  Unfortunately, the maps are just the maps.  I want the monsters tokens and such as well.  So I'm curious about what's my best option for blending the 2 campaigns?  I currently have a Plus account.  Do I upgrade to Roll20 Pro so that I can transmogrify stuff into DH (not familiar with this process).  Is there any other way to access the full content of DotMM, short of transferring all DH characters to that campaign (which I think involves Character Vault - also not familiar with that process).  I assume if I did that I would then have to Character Vault them back into DH to finish there after they've gotten what they needed from DotMM. After DH, I do plan on then running DotMM. Thanks for any advice!
Hey folks,  anyone have any thoughts on this?  I can't be the first one trying to utilize Dungeon of the Mad Mage items in Dragon Heist.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Generally, they make modules exclusive so that it won't cause problems with game size.  For example, once you get enough data in a game, it won't copy (due to the server timing out during the copy operation) and rollbacks may not work.  If you get a month of Pro subscription, you could stitch the 2 together however you want with the Transmogrifier and then drop your subscription back down to plus.  Otherwise, you will be just creating a game with each and vaulting the characters back and forth.
Thanks, Kraynic.  I'm moving up to Pro, and I'll see how that goes!   (Always loved Broadsword and the Beast, BTW!)