Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

OMG get some more QA

Edited 1617352313
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I may get booted for this.  If I do I want refunds on the thousands of dollars I spent with Roll20 for modules, marketplace additions (Gabriel Pickard, you rock) plus monthly fees.  Not to mention the countless hours I've spent on Roll20AM API and Combat Master API and contributed for free But geez, every release of software makes things MORE unstable.  It's a trend.  It's a slew of performance and related issues because you don't have enough QA internally to find the issues until they are deployed.  Last night, had to stop game.  Performance was so bad.  It's been bad for a month.  This was the first time I've actually had to stop a game.  Tonight, performance was good but Jukebox wasn't working worth anything.  Every time I launched a track, I couldn't launch another.  Roll20AM, which I WROTE, was failing every time and had to disable.  Haven't figured out why on that one yet.  Roll20AM has been pretty rock solid for years now, so no idea why that was failing.  Stop the release armageddon and start testing your stuff before you deploy.  This isn't just once, it's every time, and it's getting worse every time.
FYI - the Jukebox issue has been reported by many users & acknowledged as a bug - see thread below yours. The Roll20 team replied saying they would be pushing a fix either today or tomorrow. Let's hope this solve this.

Edited 1617352027
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's the issue.  Why are they allowing these glaring and should be embarrassing bugs out their doors?  They keep doing it....Perhaps they have no clue what they are doing?  I doubt that.  

Edited 1617352966
I dunno...Having worked in IT for years I may have a clue or 2, but I dunno anything on how the company is setup, so that would only be pure hypothesis on my part, so I prefer not commenting on that & hoping things get better. But yeah, its a bit frustrating. Anyway, we can hope it improves. Have a great day!
Gold
Forum Champion
As a long-time lover of Roll20 since 2012, I have never seen so many bugs & problems INTRODUCED when patches & fixes & new features were introduced, as there has been in the last 3-6 months. In the past years, patches were to repair problems & new features were to make improvements.  In recent months there have been many fresh New Bug reports popping up after those changes were "pushed".  Several of the changes were "rolled back" after their initial launch. Roll20 posted a blog last week, generically apologizing for problems in general. There, they said that the Dev Team would describe & explain more details in the coming next week. Hopefully this means they have also noticed this trend, and will change practices for Quality Assurance going forward.
Tonight was my first time of having a really bad roll20 experience. It was on a large map with many tokens spread around it, but crashing the browser??  The virtual memory reached 7,800 MB (i.e. 7.8 GB) just for the browser a while after restarting, which probably isn't a good thing!
Hello folks, To start, a reminder to keep conversations within the bounds of our Code of Conduct and the purpose of this sub forum. This has veered into topics speculating on how Roll20 does business which is not the purpose of our forums. As this can very easily toe past the CoC, I will be shutting this thread down. However, you can pose those questions to us via the  Help Center , we'd be happy to answer what we can. Please keep questions within the realm of the CoC, don’t speak for others, and please, please  recognize that there are real people on the other side of the screen. Thank you.