Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Radial Bubble Issue

Hello, 'Nother weird thing I came across just now while working on my game. I'm seeing up some NPCs with character sheets. I noticed that the Radial Bubbles and Radial Menu Bubbles do not show up when I click on these new tokens. I dragged in some previous NPC characters I created and noticed they seem fine. A PC token on the screen as well is fine. I can click the token, and I see the macros I setup show up at the top of the screen as normal. I compared the character permissions and the token permissions between the two (working and not working) and played around with them a bit, but I'm not finding any setting that allows those bubbles to display. I logged out of the game and back in with no difference.  Any assistance would be welcome.
Arg, I figured it out. I was setting some character tokens smaller so I set "Is Drawing". This disabled the token features for the radial buttons! Darn, I guess I cannot use that (I liked the idea of shrinking my smaller characters a little, so I used that to change the sizing while still centering the token in the square).  It seems like I can still shrink the token but it auto places it in the top left of the square instead of in the center.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Are the new tokens "Is Drawing" ?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, great!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah, there isn't a good way to get around that without the API (Pro Subscriber Perk).
Gold
Forum Champion
Good news, you can get the same effect of Small Token centering (ignoring the grid) by holding the ALT key while drag-dropping the token.  Or hold the ALT key and press arrow keys (on a selected token) for a different, similar, grid-defying effect (like a little 5-pixel shift). So you don't need to set them to Is Drawing to get that, and you can still keep them as Tokens with buttons and smaller and re-center.
That is true, however the moment that icon moves (say if you navigate by arrow keys) it will snap to the square the same way.  You'd have to carefully use that ALT key every time the token was moved.
Gold
Forum Champion
Right-o, to follow on what The Aaron said, if using Pro subscriber API script access there is one that automatically re-centers it after every movement. 
Gold
Forum Champion
There is ALSO a thread in Suggestions, to make that the Default behavior of Roll20, if you want to add your Comments and vote +1.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
One other thing you can do is download the image, then add enough transparent border around it so that it will be centered and sized relative to the square how you like it, then upload it and use it for that creature/character.
I see a closed post about centering token placement. @Gold do you have a link to the feature request post you mentioned?  I'd definitely +! that.
Gold
Forum Champion
Sure, Scott,&nbsp; Give your +1 to this one, <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2309394/centre-aligned-small-tokens-on-the-square-grid" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2309394/centre-aligned-small-tokens-on-the-square-grid</a>
TY