Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

CSS Adjustment to tooltip

Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi all, Question was asked years ago if it was possible to customize the sheet's tooltip, and answer was no because it was not possible to override base.css But it seems it is now possible to, so I'm trying to reverse engineer base.css to find the tooltip display delay... No luck up to now... Did someone find this ? (I'd like to make a "tutorial" mode, where the tooltips appear a lot faster so that the new users can learn the functionalities... I think the current delay is 2s or 3s which is rather long if you want to go over a lot of icons to understand what was MY idea of what these icons do) 
Hi Jilboux, I'd be interested to know which tooltip exactly you're referring to, so I can take a look and help out.  Screenshots would be idea, but if you could provide a little more detail I'll hopefully be able to work out where you're at!
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi Nic, Thanks for the support. This kind of tooltip (i.e. the one that appears on hovering on an element that has a defined html title field)
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
What's the name of that character sheet? Could be a good idea to look at the sourcecode of that sheet. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets</a> Thing that tooltip is just the title-attribute of some html element.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi Andreas, It is for the Earthdawn Character Sheet, but we are developping a brand new version of it. Yes the tooltip I am speaking of is the one that is automatically generated from the HTML title attribute... I believe the default roll20 CSS must have a delay of maybe 2 or 3 s, and as I have been pretty intense in replacing text by icons, I am thinking of having a "help" mode where the tooltip delay is cut down so that you rapidly hover over everything to learn what it is
Hi Jiboux, I'm reasonably certain that the title tooltip is implemented by the browser, rather than via HTML or CSS, which means there's no way we as sheet authors can control it. The limits and functionality are described pretty comprehensively here . If you want to look at how you might implement tooltips in the way that you're imagining, it might be worth looking at the Mothership Official sheet on the Roll20 Github, it does something similar to what you're describing.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks a lot!!! I had no idea it was directly at browser level. I'll check the Mothership Official&nbsp;