Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't get health bars to show for other players

I must be a moron but I cannot get my game set up so that players can see each others nameplate and health bar. I've gone into each players token and set bar 3, which I use for HP, to "see, edit, and Visible to Everyone." I've got the nameplate checked on the token edit page for each player. I've gone into the setting, miscellaneous in game and tried setting "show/hide bar 3" and gone into the Game Default Settings and set Bar 3 as visible to everyone with "see" checked. I am now at a loss as to how to get them to show. I do only have a "Plus" account not a Pro.
This might be a silly question, but are the HP values set in the boxes? When you set the Attribute for the Token bar as "hp", the values for current and max HP should  get filled in, but it's worth checking. The screen shot below shows the token settings for a character in one of my games; I use Bar 1 instead of Bar 3 for HP, but that shouldn't make any difference.
Yes it is filled in. As GM I can see everyone's bars and nameplate and each player can see their own bar and nameplate but the players can't see each others bars & nameplate.
Solved this. If you have "Fog of War" selected for a sheet and also have dynamic lighting enabled it won't show other health bars and nameplates for other players. Didn't realize this. :)