Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 games wont load on Chrome for me

Anyone run into this issue? My games wont load on chrome when I click launch game it just gets stuck on loading. This is with chrome.
Have you tried restarting your computer? That's something that strangely worked for me.
Chrome had a recent update. I had a similar problem today and restarting Chrome fixed it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi MrSchiz! You can also try deleting cache and cookies.

Edited 1669881511
I'm having the same issue. Does not work on Chrome or Edge, FireFox works how ever. Done all the clear cache, cookies, restart, pluggins etc. This is where it gets stuck for me *Uppdate* Now it magicaly works, just hade it open on another screen and it just popet to life
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For those still experiencing the problem, Roll20 has provided a link: Roll20 VTT Not Loading Bug This form is intended to collect information regarding issues you might be experiencing where the canvas is not rendering on the virtual tabletop, and you are seeing a black screen on load-in. Please fill out the form below as completely as possible as it will help greatly in our investigation surrounding the issues you may be having. As we continue to release changes, you can keep an eye on our Change Log for the most up-to-date information.
Just to add I'm also experiencing this issue. Have submitted details via the form. Seems to be an issue on all Chromium based browsers for me, Brave, Edge & Chrome. In addition, I've had a game eventually load in one instance. It took around 10 minutes.
I'm getting slight lag since the last update, the "torch", "window" feature thing; I wonder if there is a way I can disable this feature entirely. I'll also try restarting my computer, see if that works, though I can still load games.
I just filled out the form and have been having the same promblem i found that it still works on opera GX but not on chrome 
it works now I got a message from support saying they pushed a hot fix out ty everyone
MrSchiz said: it works now I got a message from support saying they pushed a hot fix out ty everyone Looks like I've still got the same issue
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Avalskii  said: MrSchiz  said: it works now I got a message from support saying they pushed a hot fix out ty everyone Looks like I've still got the same issue Did you fill out the linked help form? keithcurtis said: For those still experiencing the problem, Roll20 has provided a link: Roll20 VTT Not Loading Bug This form is intended to collect information regarding issues you might be experiencing where the canvas is not rendering on the virtual tabletop, and you are seeing a black screen on load-in. Please fill out the form below as completely as possible as it will help greatly in our investigation surrounding the issues you may be having. As we continue to release changes, you can keep an eye on our Change Log for the most up-to-date information.
I did fill out that form sorry I didnt write it in there. They responded to me that they pushed a hotfix out
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
MrSchiz said: I did fill out that form sorry I didnt write it in there. They responded to me that they pushed a hotfix out Sorry, I was responding to Avalskii. From your last post, it sounded like your issue had been resolved.
I'm still having this issue
My game also having this issue for the last hour!
I also responded to the form
keithcurtis said: Avalskii  said: MrSchiz  said: it works now I got a message from support saying they pushed a hot fix out ty everyone Looks like I've still got the same issue Did you fill out the linked help form? Yup, filled out the form. No response from Roll20 yet. Working around the issue for now by opening games well before they're due to start.
switching to firefox worked for me before it decided to work for me on chrome