Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow Players to move themselves to different pages

Allowing players to move between different pages without the GM's action would be a useful tool in certain games. For example, I always include a Safety Pallette page in my games, and allowing one player to double check the Lines and Veils during play without disrupting other players would make the game safer and faster. Also, in my Powered by the Apocalypse: Thirsty Sword Lesbians game, there are pages in the module to track Strings. Allowing a player access to those pages would, again, improve gameplay. 

Edited 1675175139
Check out the MapChange MOD. This YouTube video by Nick Olivo is a great tutorial for it.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Edited 1675261576
Ian
Pro
If this change were to be made, there should be a opt-in system for pages players are allowed to access. Perhaps a checkbox on the page settings. I do not want players to be able to freely move to any page they see, as I often have many pages that are works in progress, may contain spoilers, and so on. Players should only be able to see pages they have permissions to see. Allowing players to move themselves between the active battlemap and the world map could be one use case I would have for this feature, but I do not know if it is worth the downside of players potentially distracting themselves on other pages and not seeing an event happening on the "active" page. Players might also get lost if they have continuing access to several prior pages. If they can access "battle-forbidden forest" and "battle-castle" and "world map" among others, and they change from the current active battlemap to the world map, they might get lost and not know which page they are supposed to come back to. That would increase the amount of work I need to do as a GM in order to get them back in the correct place. I would need to remember to disable player access to pages once we are done with them. Extra GM work is often a pain, as we are already juggling a lot of hammers.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .