Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animations Won't Loop

Thanks for the helpful update!
Thank you very much !
 Animated tokens still not looping.....in Chrome and Firefox.
Hi ! Do you know when it will be fix ? Thanks ! Andrew Searles said: Hey Folks, I have some good news. We have finally found reliable steps to reproduce this issue. It seems like you all were right. There are some animations, that when uploaded directly to the VTT, will not loop the first time they are uploaded. Copying the image and then pasting it again will fix the problem, but this is absolutely an unacceptable workaround. We're working on trying to fix it now. I'll update you with more details as to why and how this happened when we know more. I'll also let you know when it's fixed. I know this one has lasted far too long and it has affected far too many people. Thanks again for reporting it. We'll get it working again really quickly.
I had the same problem and was able to solve it like this: Right click, copy and then delete the broken animated token directly on the map. Paste it back in immediately afterwards. Then it works again.
Marcel  said: I had the same problem and was able to solve it like this: Right click, copy and then delete the broken animated token directly on the map. Paste it back in immediately afterwards. Then it works again. That is the workaround that was provided last week. They must still be working on actually fixing the root cause though, because while work arounds are better than nothing, they should not be the end resolution & are not ideal in all situations. For  example:  If you have one graphic for an animated background then the workaround is no big deal, but if you have every light source in a dungeon crawl being a separate flickering flame graphic, then it becomes a bit of a nuisance. Andrew Searles  said: Hey Folks, I have some good news. We have finally found reliable steps to reproduce this issue. It seems like you all were right. There are some animations, that when uploaded directly to the VTT, will not loop the first time they are uploaded. Copying the image and then pasting it again will fix the problem, but this is absolutely an unacceptable workaround. We're working on trying to fix it now. I'll update you with more details as to why and how this happened when we know more. I'll also let you know when it's fixed. I know this one has lasted far too long and it has affected far too many people. Thanks again for reporting it. We'll get it working again really quickly. Now that we are a full week out from when the Roll20 team was first able to reliably reproduce the symptom, do we have any m ore details as to why or how this happened and any possible ETA on the actual fix?
Roll20 is great, but there is always someting not working properly. I'm paying a subscription and I bought from the marketplace animations and it's been more than a month that there are not workink properly...I'm starting thinking moving to another VTT....

Edited 1688139455
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
My personal opinion is that if you need looping gifs, roll20 probably isn't the right platform. They have been problems with them ever since they were introduced. I love Roll20, but I wouldnt try to use looping gifs here.
Hey Folks, We just pushed a hotfix for this bug. I've tested it myself and I'm sorry that took too long to fix. Thanks again for your feedback!
Andrew Searles said: Hey Folks, We just pushed a hotfix for this bug. I've tested it myself and I'm sorry that took too long to fix. Thanks again for your feedback! Awesome! working proper for me now. Thanks Andrew, much obliged.
The issue indeed seems  to be solved, thanks!
For me it's working back to normal, but not on all maps.
Thank you!  Confirmed to be working on my end as well.

Edited 1693358163
I am Still having this issue.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/15781838/p6VhEQ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/15781838/p6VhEQ</a> the gif:&nbsp; <a href="https://i.gifer.com/33Ho.gif" rel="nofollow">https://i.gifer.com/33Ho.gif</a> If I pull willowdancinglight&nbsp; the char sheet, it works proper. If I click on the willow token and !spawn (macro on willow's TA) they do one of the following: 1. nothing... 2. spin once 3. Spin normal, BUT when you move it then it stops the animation. edit: Join as player and have the same ones spinning and same ones still.&nbsp; in the char sheet for willowdancinglight the image is HUGE!

Edited 1693348854
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Isovich I would remove your game join link otherwise your game is open to anyone/everyone. ;-( Unless it's a test game and you don't mind. Then ignore. Cheers

Edited 1693356940
Yeah just a test game to try macros on. If someone messes it up then ill just make a new one :) also for anyone to tell me what I messed up or if it is on Roll20 side...
Andrew Searles said: Hey Folks, We just pushed a hotfix for this bug. I've tested it myself and I'm sorry that took too long to fix. Thanks again for your feedback! I have not heard anything from anyone on this. I would like help fixing this please. Do I need to open this as a new tread?