Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Announcing the New Roll20 VTT Experience

Edited 1685558163
Currently Unusable for me. I've already sent a feed back form saying that the left hand buttons don't scroll and having seen KeithCurtis's comment about them forming separate menu buttons I thought I'd click some to see what happened.  I think I broke it. It allowed me to access the lower buttons, but then I seem to have fallen off the bottom of the screen and can't get back up. This was how it started And how it ended To actually get it to reset I had to exit the game and go back in, refreshing the Window didn't work.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What browser and OS are you using Oenanthe?
Overall, seems pretty decent.  I like the new layer icons in the lower-left corner - that will be helpful.  I did notice the Pan tool doesn't work as described (tool tip indicates Right click + drag but it is actually Left click + drag,) and left feedback to that effect. -Adam
keithcurtis said: What browser and OS are you using Oenanthe? I'm using Chrome and Windows 10.  I have no idea beyond that, but I would assume the Chrome updates itself (all my other browsers do). I have a range of Stylus Scripts (courtesy of other Forum users) that help me out a lot, but for the screen shots I turned them all off to give the most representative pictures I could.

Edited 1685562655
I found a couple more oddities while working on the DL layer: The color picker does not remember the last color picked like the old one did. When starting a new drawing command (polyline, shape, etc.0 it always defaults back to black. While drawing, the right mouse button is inconsistent. Sometimes it calls a popup giving a choice between "undo" and "paste", sometimes is pops up the token right-click pop-up. I'd rather is go back to just finishing the line or shape.

Edited 1685562745
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Few more questions for you on this -- 1. Are you using Roll20 at a zoom higher than 100%? 2. What is your screen resolution? 3. What exactly did you click to get to that state? I think I managed to somewhat replicate on my end but couldn't get the interface to end up in that state. Scratch that last one, seconds later and I did it. Oenanthe said: keithcurtis said: What browser and OS are you using Oenanthe? I'm using Chrome and Windows 10.  I have no idea beyond that, but I would assume the Chrome updates itself (all my other browsers do). I have a range of Stylus Scripts (courtesy of other Forum users) that help me out a lot, but for the screen shots I turned them all off to give the most representative pictures I could.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Oenanthe said: keithcurtis said: What browser and OS are you using Oenanthe? I'm using Chrome and Windows 10.  I have no idea beyond that, but I would assume the Chrome updates itself (all my other browsers do). I have a range of Stylus Scripts (courtesy of other Forum users) that help me out a lot, but for the screen shots I turned them all off to give the most representative pictures I could. Yeah, I turned off all stylus tools too while bug hunting. I am slowly adapting my styles to work with the new system. Only reason I asked about browser and OS is that looked like the sort of behavior that might be dependent on those.
I am creating a new post for the annoucement; feel free to continue to leave feedback here (or even better, on the feedback form )! Thanks!
Believe it or not, but I did not saw this option during my test earlier... But the Bug regarding Freehand Tool remains... Maybe you can recreate this, too? keithcurtis said: I'm still getting that option in both modes. Where are you not seeing it?
Actually I thought it at first, too. BUT when you have NOT selected the PAN Tool, you can use right click or middle mouse click as normal... only when pan is selected, it is left click only... Adam Caramon said: Overall, seems pretty decent.  I like the new layer icons in the lower-left corner - that will be helpful.  I did notice the Pan tool doesn't work as described (tool tip indicates Right click + drag but it is actually Left click + drag,) and left feedback to that effect. -Adam
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The pan tool is honestly something I will probably never, ever use.

Edited 1685578145
keithcurtis said: The pan tool is honestly something I will probably never, ever use. On my tablet it works really well. Making it a top level menu item and having the toolbar likes this makes the experience much more intuitive.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, a touch interface is probably the use then? I haven't run on a tablet in a long time. a two finger swipe doesn't pan? Or some other  gesture?
keithcurtis said: Ah, a touch interface is probably the use then? I haven't run on a tablet in a long time. a two finger swipe doesn't pan? Or some other  gesture? Two fingers also works, but its is something you need to know, whereas this icon is very clear.  Notefor the devs: on a tablet you cannot right click + drag… so the shortcuts need to be made dynamic.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Martijn S. said: Notefor the devs: on a tablet you cannot right click + drag… so the shortcuts need to be made dynamic. They also say Ctrl-L for example, even if the user is on MacOS.
Drespar said: Few more questions for you on this -- 1. Are you using Roll20 at a zoom higher than 100%? 2. What is your screen resolution? 3. What exactly did you click to get to that state? I think I managed to somewhat replicate on my end but couldn't get the interface to end up in that state. Scratch that last one, seconds later and I did it. Oenanthe said: keithcurtis said: What browser and OS are you using Oenanthe? I'm using Chrome and Windows 10.  I have no idea beyond that, but I would assume the Chrome updates itself (all my other browsers do). I have a range of Stylus Scripts (courtesy of other Forum users) that help me out a lot, but for the screen shots I turned them all off to give the most representative pictures I could. In answer to the questions, I normally have my Browser Zoom set to either 110 or 125% While I can't be certain I have a feeling the Screen Shots were taken at 125% which is my normal option. Screen resolution is 1600 x 900 on a 24" monitor as that means i can have the setting for the size of text, apps, and other items set to 100%, increasing the resolution means i have to increase the % setting for the size of text, apps and other items which can start to cause issues with things not fitting on the screen. There is also an option to increase the size of text in the Ease of Access settings and the slider for that is about half way along, but i'm not sure what the standard is for it.