Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trying to learn/setup macro commands - having trouble with applying dropdown queries and hit rolls

Hello. I am trying to get a macro to tell how much fuel is being used for an attack (in this case, "Extra Attack *Fuel DIscharge", a custom move I created for Warforged that utilizes custom Fuel), which when done will roll an attack roll for a specific weapon of choice (and depending on "Fuel Type", whether it runs w/ advantage, disadvantage, or normal, among other things I haven't attempted to implement yet like reduction to Attack Hit) Here is my current macro that I have tried so far: &{template:default}{{name=Extra Attack (Fuel Discharge)}}{{?{Fuel Type| Electrical, Fuel Type: Battery-Backup (x0.5) // Describes the type of fuel being used to perform this move. Energy Used: [[ceil(30*%{Char Name|Electrical-Efficiency})]] // This multiplies the given number (30) to determine how much fuel is used for this move Bad Fuel - Rolling Disadvantage| // This is applied on fuels that are deemed "weak". Others roll normal, better ones roll advantage <Repeat of above but for different fuels>}}} The above gives me the top half of the above image, but when I add %{Char Name|repeating_attack_$0_attack} directly underneath the "Bad Fuel" line to roll for a Mace Hit Roll, it breaks the macro. What can I do to fix the problem? I've looked on many forum pages and the official pages on macros, but have had no luck in fixing it alone (Extra; Once that is figured out, I am also wondering how to add a number implying "Minus to hit" on the attack hit roll) Thanks for any advice ((Edit)) For clarity, I used Tools/Characters (Previously Vault), D&D as the game, and "Edit sheet directly" to create my character (edit 2, making quick active edits to try and get markdown to work) (Edit 3, I found the code thing. It's under the leftmost option called "Styles", but is *very* hard to see due to not having a background that overlays the actual messages text, so it kinda just mixes together)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This %{Char Name|repeating_attack_$0_attack} is the syntax for an abiiity, not an attribute. If it is an ability, then it probably contains something that breaks the macro. One thing that is not clear, is when you place a macro call inside another macro, the mentire macro being called is "expanded" and placed inside the original macro. If the called macro has any symbols which interfere with a query (like a comma, |, or }) it will break the query, and thus the macro itself. There's no good solution to this.
GiGs said: This %{Char Name|repeating_attack_$0_attack} is the syntax for an abiiity, not an attribute. Hmm, so you are saying that ..|repeating_attack_0$_attack} isn't an ability? The thing I am intending to call is the first item under " ATTACKS & SPELLCASTING " in the character sheet (in this case, a Mace), admittedly I am not certain what that falls under, but if I run the command alone, it runs the mace hit properly, just when inside of this macro does it appear to fail. My ultimate goal is to have the ability to choose a "Fuel Type", followed then by the weapon I want to use (ie Mace/Spear, etc) and then it run the output seen in the top-half of the photo, then the hit roll of the selected weapon (with advantages should the fuel-type query contain it) Could a way in which this can be done exist?

Edited 1709728377
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't know that character sheet so I don't know what that is. I am saying IF it is an ability, that is the right syntax for it, but the entire text of that ability will be placed in your macro and that is possibly what is causing the problem.

Edited 1709731234
Gauss
Forum Champion
Assuming this is the D&D 5e by Roll20 character sheet, what you are trying to do is run a template inside another template. That will not work.  Think of it this way:  &{template:default} {{name=name}} {{%{Udalut Mol|repeating_attack_$0_attack}} is really saying:  &{template:default} {{name=name}} {{ @{Udalut Mol|wtype} &{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+3}} {{rname=Rapier}} {{r1=[[@{Udalut Mol|d20}cs>20 + 3[PROF]]]}} @{Udalut Mol|rtype}cs>20 + 3[PROF]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d8]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg2flag=1}} {{dmg2=[[[[ceil(@{Udalut Mol|level}/2)]]d6]]}} {{dmg2type=Sneak Attack}} {{crit1=[[1d8[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[[[ceil(@{Udalut Mol|level}/2)]]d6[CRIT]]]}} 0 {{desc=}}   {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{Udalut Mol|global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{Udalut Mol|global_damage_mod_type}}} ammo= @{Udalut Mol|charname_output}}} It simply will not work.  If you say what you are trying to do by calling the attack, we may be able to offer alternatives. 
I'm not 100% certain the best way to go about it, so I will explain in probably a good lot of detail My character was made via Roll20s "Tools/Characters (Previously Vault)" page, in which I chose D&D as the game, and from there when it prompted me what method I wanted to use for making my character, I had chosen "Edit sheet directly" The character I created is a Warforged Artificer in which I had made up a requirement for Fuel. This fuel is needed for regular operation, and if I run out I am debuffed. I wrote it to where you can use multiple kinds of fuels (electricity, water, oil, etc), each with differing levels of efficiency and some tradeoffs As a tradeoff to the risks, certain normal moves are able to be enhanced by using extra fuel (as I call it, "Fuel Discharge"). One move aims to give me an additional melee move (an extra attack if you will) What the goal for this move is, is this: I expend 30 fuel to grant me an extra attack on a melee weapon, although with a -5 to hit. Additionally, If I am using a fuel-type with bad efficiency, I roll disadvantage on that hit roll. Normal fuels roll normal, better ones with advantage. I have set these macros up within the Character Sheets "Attributes & Abilities" tab under "Abilities", where I create new abilities and add the desired macro inside. The goal for the macro is, I initiate the macro for the Extra Attack, and it prompts me what kind of fuel I am using, then asks me what melee weapon I want to use, and after selecting that, it will take the fuel cost of the move, and multiply that by the modifer I made for the fuel type (as shown in the "Energy Used" line of the Original Post), and display this data, alongside the fuel type used and whether or not said fuel is advantageous or disadvantageous, in a default template. Next, it would then run the attack roll of the weapon I had chosen whether adv, norm or disadv, and include a -5 to hit (an intended part of this move). To put it more basically, it'd ask the fuel-type, then the weapon I want to use, calculate and show the energy cost, then roll the chosen attack hit, while having certain values be modified (such as the -5 on hit for the attack roll).
Gauss
Forum Champion
To confirm, this is the flow I think you are asking for:  Extra Attack button Query for type of fuel Query for type of weapon Calculation of the fuel cost for the "move"(?) multiply that by the fuel type and display that.  It also displays the fuel being advantageous or disadvantageous.  Next, attack roll.  Questions:  What is this "move"? Is it just that this is some kind of bonus attack?  Why is there a -5 on the attack roll? Is it due to it being a bonus attack?
"Move" basically is just the extra attack via the "Fuel Discharge" ability I made up, which is what costs 30 fuel. The -5 on hit is I suppose to balance it a little, given it is an extra attack. Regarding the interpretation of the display part of the macro, yes. That looks right. I should clarify too that if the fuel is medium, it will roll a standard (non-adv/disadv) and not display any indicators for adv/disadv Regarding the roll itself, it would be good to have it display the roll as if it were ran within the character sheet itself, while still being given either advantage or disadvantage, as well as having the calculation for the -5 on hit to be included. Here is what I have that mostly mimics the intended function of it, albeit minus the fancy double-split rolls (it only shows the highest/lowest in the inline hover): &{template:simple}{{rname=?{Rolling| Standard, [[1d20cs>20+@{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[PROF]]]| Advantage, [[ 2d20cs>20kh1+@{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[PROF] ]]| Disadvantage, [[ 2d20cs>20kl1+@{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[PROF] ]] } -5 Mace (+[[@{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[PROF]]]) }} (Still a little WIP on where or how I want to integrate the -5) (Does a template exist for Adv rolls btw?) I am not sure how much this changes things, but if it is possible (even if it must use HTML data), I think I would like the whole thing to work kind of like this: Fuel Query, Weapon Query Send Display Data (Template:Default - Fuel Type/Cost/whether it's adv/disadv/none) Send Attack Roll (Template:Simple - Attack hit with -5 modifier, showcase the -5 below, then "Mace (+[[STR/PB Mod]]) This is experimental, but here is what I imagine an intended way to do so would look like: ?{Fuel Type|     Water, ?{Weapon|         Mace,             &{template:default}{{name=Extra Attack (Fuel Discharge)}} Fuel Type: Water (x1) / Fuel Used: [30x1] / Adv/Disadv etc. // Fuel Type, Fuel Used, and Adv/Disadv would all be on separate lines)             &{template:simple}{{rname={{Hit Roll-5 / -5 showing under it / Mace (STR+PROF)}}}}             |         Spear,             &{same thing as above, but with a different bit for the attack hit due to the spear) | Elecrticity, ?{Weapon| (Repeat of above) | (etc) (ending brackets) I feel like since the first Template (default) will be the same for each weapon, I wonder if it is possible to enter that one after the fuel bit before the weapon query so I do not need to apply it per weapon, as only the fuel type matters for that one. Not important or anything - just for effeciency I am hoping this can be done somehow or another, I know you can run separate template stuff in the same macro and they'll roll two separate things, which is what I want, but I do not know if it can be done within any queries (let alone a nested one) even with HTML code. I excite at this being possible, but it is quite a pain to try to get it working lol

Edited 1709810255
Gauss
Forum Champion
For future reference, walls of text should be avoided. It is much harder to parse through everything you've written than to read simple points.  Put another way, is the flow I posted correct?  And it appears the answers to both questions I asked are "yes"?
Ah, sorry. I figured sorting it in a somewhat aesthetic way would avoid the pain of it being a lot, but yeah essentially what you posted is right

Edited 1709811637
Gauss
Forum Champion
Early on in the helping process it is best to keep things simple such as determining the flow so we are both on the same page. :) Can you please confirm which character sheet you are using? 
I believe it is the D&D5E one, I do not know for sure how to describe the exact one, just the process I used to make the sheet (Tools/Characters (Previously Vault), D&D as the game, and "Edit sheet directly", followed by me importing it to a campaign and working on it there)

Edited 1709811983
Gauss
Forum Champion
I suspect you are using the D&D 5e by Roll20 sheet, but please supply a screenshot of the character sheet to confirm as there are seven D&D 5e character sheets. 
Is this good?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yup, that is the D&D 5e by Roll20 character sheet.  Alright, I'll see what I can do to come up with a macro for you. 

Edited 1709816292
Gauss
Forum Champion
What is contained in: "%{Char Name|Electrical-Efficiency}"? Also, can you expand on the fuel query portion? I need to see more of it (second and third fuel types would be good). 
Yep Sorry if this looks a touch big, but this should help with the main stats currently created: The "..|<Fuel>-Effeciency}" bits are "Abilities" I created to easily reference in other macros, so that if I wanted to change the effeciency of a fuel, I'd only need to do so once Electric: Efficiency Modifier = 1, Rolls Disadvantage on "Fuel Discharge" rolls (this is more of an emergency backup fuel if the liquid fuels run out) Water: Efficiency Modifier = 1, Rolls Disadvantage on "Fuel Discharge" rolls Oil: Efficiency Modifier = 0.75), Rolls normal Kerosene: Efficiency Modifier = 0.33, Rolls normal Diesel: Efficiency Modifier = 3, Rolls advantage on "Fuel Discharge" rolls <1 Efficiency Mod = less fuel used during a move, whereas >1 = more fuel being used

Edited 1709818840
Gauss
Forum Champion
So the contents of %{Char Name|Electrical-Efficiency} is 1? The contents of %{Char Name|Water-Efficiency} is 1?  The contents of %{Char Name|Oil-Efficiency} is 0.75? The contents of %{Char Name|Kerosene} is 0.33?  The contents of %{Char Name|Diesel} is 3? Also, still waiting for the expanded fuel query. 
Yep. That is correct Also forgive me, I am not sure what you mean by Expanded fuel query

Edited 1709819152
Gauss
Forum Champion
You posted the fuel query in your initial post, I need the rest, I also need it without the commentary (unless that commentary is in the actual query).  I need the actual query, as you intend on using it.  Just a note here, you keep putting commentary in things, it is confusing the matter. I need the information that is in macros, attributes, etc. Without the extra commentary unless that too is in the macros, attributes, etc.  ?{Fuel Type| Electrical, Fuel Type: Battery-Backup (x0.5) // Describes the type of fuel being used to perform this move. Energy Used: [[ceil(30*%{Char Name|Electrical-Efficiency})]] // This multiplies the given number (30) to determine how much fuel is used for this move Bad Fuel - Rolling Disadvantage| // This is applied on fuels that are deemed "weak". Others roll normal, better ones roll advantage <Repeat of above but for different fuels>}
Forgive me if this is not what you had meant, but here is what I think you are requesting: &{template:default}{{name=Extra Attack (Fuel Discharge)}}{{?{Fuel Type| Electrical, Fuel Type: Battery-Backup (x1) Energy Used: [[ceil(30*%{Char Name|Electrical-Efficiency})]] Bad Fuel - Rolling Disadvantage | Water, Fuel Type: Water (x1) Energy Used: [[30]] Bad Fuel - Rolling Disadvantage | Oil, Fuel Type: Oil (x0.75) Energy Used: [[ceil(30*%{Char Name|Oil-Efficiency})]] | Kerosene, Fuel Type: Kerosene (x0.33) Energy Used: [[ceil(30*%{Char Name|Kerosene-Efficiency})]] | Diesel, Fuel Type: Diesel (x3) Energy Used: [[ceil(30*%{Char Name|Diesel-Efficiency})]] Potent Fuel - Rolling Advantage }}} Also apologies, I realize I had not made an ability for Water-Efficiency, that is just a flat 30
Gauss
Forum Champion
Alright, one final set of questions I think: What is your Roll Queries line set up as?  What is your Auto Damage Roll line set up as?  Are they set up that way normally? You can find the answers to that by going to the cog next to "Spells" (Core, Bio, Spells, "cog") and check the top of the third column. Or screenshot it and post that. 
Checking it, Roll Queries are set to "Advantage Toggle" (It was defaulted to "Always Roll Advantage", I have changed it to advantage toggle) "Auto Damage Roll" is set to "Don't Auto Roll Damage" (I did not change this, it is like this normally)

Edited 1709821787
Gauss
Forum Champion
Are you set on having it set to Don't Auto Roll Damage? It will increase the difficulty of setting up each weapon.  Alternately, are you set on having it set to Advantage Toggle rather than Query Advantage?  I've been working on setting this up in two different ways: 1) Regular attacks on the character sheet. Everything you want can be within an attack on the character sheet, macros are not required.  However, this required Query Advantage to be turned on based on what you asked for. Or, you can change what you want and use Advantage Toggle.  2) Ability macros, but combining Don't Auto Roll Damage with a macro is a much harder prospect.  So which direction would you prefer to go?
I just tested out "Query Advantage" combined with "Auto Roll Damage & Crit", I see where it can be useful - as is I technically have what I want achieved if I then just add %{Char Name|repeating_attack_$0_attack} underneath the Fuel Query macro I think I will keep Auto Roll Damage off, since not all hit rolls will succeed, and it would take up space in the chat to roll for damage if I end up missing alltogether Debating on advantage toggle though, Query Advantage is really nice, but needing to click on an additional drop-menu each time I use a move might become accumulatively tedious. So I guess, I will likely keep "Auto Roll Damage" set to off And although it's nice, I am 50/50 keeping it to "Advantage Toggle"
Gauss
Forum Champion
That didn't exactly answer the question. 
Essentially, I believe option 2 is the one I will ultimately go for (keeping the settings I was using the same and going with using ability macros) Although I will admit, I did not fully understand when you said "Or, you can change what you want and use Advantage Toggle." under 1)

Edited 1709824166
Gauss
Forum Champion
.█████╗ ██╔══██╗ . said: Essentially, I believe option 2 is the one I will ultimately go for (keeping the settings I was using the same and going with using ability macros) Although I will admit, I did not fully understand when you said "Or, you can change what you want and use Advantage Toggle." under 1) I think you might have misunderstood.  Option 1: Regular attacks on the character sheet, not Ability Macros. This is because you want "Do Not Auto Roll Damage".  Whether you use Advantage Toggle or Query Advantage is available with this option.  Note: Regular attacks can then be turned into macro buttons, but that is just calling them, not setting them up from the start as macros.  Option 2: Ability Macros, but this really means Rolling Damage at the same time as the attack. To set up Ability Macros complete with Do Not Auto Roll Damage is twice the work.  Other factors:  Option 1 means you don't have to update the macros later because of changes in the attacks, character's stats, etc.  Option 2 means you have to update each attack and damage macro later on because of changes in the attacks.  I really recommend Option 1 over Option 2.
If I do option 1, would I still be able to modify certain things like roll to hit modifiers, and whether the roll is advantageous or not? Basically like adding a -5 to hit for the move mentioned early on I apologize if i still am not fully understanding

Edited 1709825430
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, here is the setup:  1) Make an attack on the character sheet.  Name that attack, set all the attributes in the attack normally (Dexterity, Strength, whatever) Give the attack a -5 penalty  In the Description section, put the following: %{Charname|Fuel} 2) Make an Ability, name it Fuel Make the body have the following:  ?{Fuel Type|Electrical,**Fuel Type**: Battery-Backup (x1) **Energy Used**: [[ceil(30*1)]] **Bad Fuel**: Disadvantage |Water,**Fuel Type**: Water (x1) **Energy Used**: [[30]] **Bad Fuel**: Disadvantage |Oil,**Fuel Type**: Oil (x0.75) **Energy Used**: [[ceil(30*0.75)]] **Standard Fuel**: Normal |Kerosene,**Fuel Type**: Kerosene (x0.33) **Energy Used**: [[ceil(30*0.33)]] **Standard Fuel**: Normal |Diesel,**Fuel Type**: Diesel (x3) **Energy Used**: [[ceil(30*3)]] **Potent Fuel**: Advantage } Note: I did not put in the various Abilities for each value of energy because I streamlined it. Now you can change all attacks via this one Ability macro, so you don't need to put all the values in other macros.  Still, if you'd rather do that you can.  3) For settings (cog page, next to spells):  Set the "Roll Queries" setting to either Query Advantage or Toggle Advantage (your choice) Set the "Auto Damage" setting to Auto Roll Damage. (see note below) Note: You CAN set it to Don't Auto Roll Damage, but it will ask you for the fuel type on both the attack and the damage, that may become annoying.  Screenshot:  In the example screenshot I have a Rapier set to Dexterity for attack and damage, with a -5 penalty to attack.  In the Description I have it pulling from the Ability macro Fuel. This allows changing that macro for ALL attacks quickly.  You can see several outputs (I have it set to Auto Roll Damage, as discussed above, but you can change that if you want to put up with the extra query).  Note: In this example I should have named the attack something other than Rapier, such as "Fueled Rapier" or something like that. To differentiate it from a regular Rapier attack.  If that works for you things are not quite finished. There is a couple more options available to finish setting this up, such as putting all the various attacks into one menu like you wanted.  That menu will NOT be a drop down menu, that way lays madness, a Chat Menu is recommended instead. 
It is a very neat method. I do have questions about it though Is there any way that it could determine by the fuel itself whether or not an attack roll is an advantage roll/etc? One of the goals I had in mind was to set it up so that selecting the fuel-type would be what sets the attack roll with advantage/etc (ie, without an additional query about advantage/etc). On a less-important and more-aesthetic side (this is seriously not a priority, but I am curious), is there a way to have the macro data appear before the attack roll data, ie "Bad fuel, rolling disadvantage: [rolls attack w/ disadvantage]", rather than the other way around? (I want to clarify too that I really appreciate the time you are taking to help me set this up, I apologize if I am asking for a lot with this)

Edited 1709829306
Gauss
Forum Champion
.█████╗ ██╔══██╗ . said: It is a very neat method. I do have questions about it though Is there any way that it could determine by the fuel itself whether or not an attack roll is an advantage roll/etc? One of the goals I had in mind was to set it up so that selecting the fuel-type would be what sets the attack roll with advantage/etc (ie, without an additional query about advantage/etc). On a less-important and more-aesthetic side (this is seriously not a priority, but I am curious), is there a way to have the macro data appear before the attack roll data, ie "Bad fuel, rolling disadvantage: [rolls attack w/ disadvantage]", rather than the other way around? (I want to clarify too that I really appreciate the time you are taking to help me set this up, I apologize if I am asking for a lot with this) Yes, you can (probably) have the fuel determine advantage/disadvantage.  (See edit below) But that will fully require macros rather than the attacks.  That is fine, I am prepared to do that. However, the problem there is, if you don't want it to display the damage it is a lot more work. That has been the sticking point of the last few messages.  Edit: I take that back, Fuel cannot determine Advantage/Disadvantage without a Mod (API Script) because your Fuel query's output is text, not simple numbers, a second "fuel" query can do that, but then we are right back to two queries. The other problem with this method is you will have to manually update the macro for some of the changes to the character as the character gets better. I can bake in Ability Scores and Proficiency Bonus, but magic weapon modifiers and other equipment based changes will mean the macro will have to be modified down the road.  No, you cannot have that text appear before the template unless it is in it's own message. This is the problem you were running into earlier which you tried to solve by putting one template inside another template (which doesn't work).  The whole point here is to get it all into one setup, not two templates. 
Yes, you can (probably) have the fuel determine advantage/disadvantage. But that will fully require macros rather than the attacks.  That is fine, I am prepared to do that. However, the problem there is, if you don't want it to display the damage it is a lot more work. That has been the sticking point of the last few messages. Part of me wants to, and you do say that you are prepared to do so, but if it is a lot of work to do, I would feel bad putting it on you to do so. No, you cannot have that text appear before the template unless it is in it's own message. This is the problem you were running into earlier which you tried to solve by putting one template inside another template (which doesn't work). I can definitely see why templates within templates won't do, but what about templates after templates? For instance, another ability I created (and managed to get working thankfully) can roll two things in the same macro (this is going back to ability macros, but it is for example): &{template:default}{{name=Speed Booster}}{{Speed Booster Damage: [[floor(@{weight}/100)*@{pb}]]}} &{template:simple}{{rname=?{Rolling| Standard, [[1d20cs>20+@{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[PB]]]| Advantage, [[ 2d20cs>20kh1+@{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[PB] ]]| Disadvantage, [[ 2d20cs>20kl1+@{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[PB] ]] } -5 Name (+[[@{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[PB]]]) }} My question then would be, is it possible to do this kind of thing within a single query? (Sent this before reading the edit, reading edit now)
Gauss
Forum Champion
Note, I put in an edit and it appears my edit and your response crossed paths at the same time. Please go back and review my edit.  Yes, you can back to back templates like that and yes, a single query can work for two templates inside a macro, but the output of that query will not change. As a result you still cannot have it output Advantage/Normal/Disadvantage in one template and the Fuel output in the other template. Additionally, there is another problem: The reason I switched away from your method and to the D&D 5e by Roll20 template is because it will generate the proper damage on a critical while another template will not. It is also missing other elements of the D&D 5e by Roll20 attack template, such as global modifiers. 

Edited 1709830509
Gauss
Forum Champion
Based on the suggestions you are making, I suggested the following:  Set up the attack like I showed above.  Then have a template and put all the attacks in the template as Chat Menu buttons. We also put a mini-guide in, where advantage/normal/disadvantage are statements attached to each fuel type, so the user knows which one they are selecting in advance.  I'll get a mock up for you in a bit. 
The reason I switched away from your method and to the D&D 5e by Roll20 template is because it will generate the proper damage on a critical while another template will not. It is also missing other elements of the D&D 5e by Roll20 attack template, such as global modifiers. That is good to know. Since I now know this, I feel it is good to share that for the group I am playing with, we do not actually use critical hits normally. How it's set up for us, if we crit, the base damage that outputs gets doubled (calculated externally by the GM), so at least for this case specifically, I would not have to worry about it running the correct crit damage Yes, you can back to back templates like that and yes, a single query can work for two templates inside a macro, but the output of that query will not change. As a result you still cannot have it output Advantage/Normal/Disadvantage in one template and the Fuel output in the other template. In regards to this, would it not be able to do something akin to the idea I wrote a bit above (the experimental idea)? ?{Fuel Type|     Water, ?{Weapon|         Mace,             &{template:default}{{name=Extra Attack (Fuel Discharge)}} Fuel Type: Water (x1) Fuel Used: [[30]] Disadv: rolling hit now             &{template:simple}{{rname={{[[2d20cs>20kh1+@{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[PB]-5]] -5 Mace (+[[@{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[PB]]])}}         |         Spear,             &{same thing as above, but with a different bit for the attack hit due to the spear) | Elecrticity, ?{Weapon| (Repeat of above) | (etc) } (Forgive my silliness, I am going to edit this block to make it more sensible) Okay, should be more sensible If this is doable, it probably would need HTML Characters quite a bit Will do on the chat menu, I just now saw your previous message

Edited 1709833025
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yes, it would require a lot of HTML characters, which is why most macro writers avoid that and go for Chat Menus.  Here is one such mockup. The note could be removed and could be whispered instead.  This is the Chat Menu macro code:  &{template:default} {{name=Weapon Selection}} {{Note:%NEWLINE%Normal: Oil%NEWLINE%Advantage: Kerosene & Diesel%NEWLINE%Disadvantage: Electrical & Water}} {{Select a Weapon below=}} {{[Rapier](~)}} {{[Fuel Rapier](~Test1|repeating_attack_-NsCtaSjOq52lccot1Te_attack)}} {{[Longbow](~)}} {{[Fuel Longbow](~)}} Note: I didn't fill in all the attack information (Rapier, Longbow, Fuel Longbow) so they are blank atm. Ie: "(~)" rather than "(~Test1|repeating_attack_-......._attack)" In any case, I'm off for the day. Decide what you'd like to do and I will see if I can help when I come back.