Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Default size of assets wrong

I've been trying to do some map making, I've got all my assets sized to be 70px per 5 feet, so the ruler is correct and everything looks the proper size without the need to do any manual resizing or eyeballing. However, if I drag something onto the token layer with the grid off (or while holding alt), it has the proper aspect ratio, but if the asset is larger than 200px on a side it is shrunk to fit within a 200px box. Doing the "Resize Item" while it's in the library does make items sized by a multiple of 70px appear the correct size, it does not work for items that are not a multiple of 70px in a dimension. Even if I were to go through the several hundred asset images I have and resize them all to the correct size, doing the math to find how many tiles their normal resolution would take up, the "Resize Item" UI does not allow decimal inputs so it wouldn't work anyway. If there's a way to have this work the way I want I would be very grateful to know what it is. I'm definitely not going to set the dimensions of every asset I drag out, and I'd really rather not have to reupload and reorganize half my assets after adding empty transparent space to them. P.S. If there's a way to make them automatically count as drawings instead of tokens when being dragged out of the art library, that would also be incredibly helpful.
I am having the same problem. I am saving tokens as a specific size to show area of effect for spells. When I drag them out they are smaller. Very aggravating. This was not the case before so something has changed.

Edited 1710967793
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Quirky View and Miles, To clarify, you are both setting the size of your images via the Art Library? Could you provide exact steps to reproduce?
Gauss said: Hi Quirky View and Miles, To clarify, you are both setting the size of your images via the Art Library? Could you provide exact steps to reproduce? Upload any image to your personal Roll20 Art Library that is greater than 200px on a side. Move uploaded image out of "Recent Uploads" to anywhere else. Drag image onto tabletop, either while holding ALT or onto the Token or GM layer while the grid is turned off. The image will be shrunk so that it's largest side is 200px. Attempting to fix by using the "Resize Item" function in the Roll20 Art Library only works for images which have both dimensions divisible by 70, as it only accepts integers defining the number of tiles an image should be, rather than pixels. It also only works temporarily because the set size resets when the page is reloaded.
I drag an image out from the art library I resize it on the map so that it is the correct size I open a new character sheet I 'select active token'. This has always worked for me in the past, but is no longer working for anything bigger than 15ft by 15ft. So I can no longer do a fireball template.
+1. Here I thought I was doing something differently than I used to, and it was just me. I've been working with non-standard grid sizes recently and I thought that was what was suddenly making a mess of things. But old AoE templates work fine.