Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Determine what token(s) vision covers "here", what lights "here"

A number of times as a GM I have been creeping monsters around a wall to find that "someone" has vision on it and I want to pass a note to that player, but can't figure out which token has vision here (if I start juggling tokens out of the room the players will get suspicious). This suggestion has two distinct implementations: Select a token and then click a button to show a list  or highlight which tokens can see it (indicate regular, darkvision, magic vision, etc) Click a button and then click the map, and it will calculate the above for that pixel. ( Another similar feature might be this but for determining light sources.) - Thanks!
I believe Control+L on a selected token will show their sight, no token highlights though.
CTRL+L is what I use for checking line of sight. If a player is moving their PC's token to a spot from which they may see something, I select their token and press CTRL+L to check (You get quicker at this over time 😉) I keep hidden NPCs/ monsters on the GM layer, then move them to the token layer if they're spotted. The problem with automating this would be in determining what a PC's token can see when there are so many variables, like darkvision, light sources, etc. D G. said: I believe Control+L on a selected token will show their sight, no token highlights though.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .