Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Token altitude tracking

I've encountered this scenario a couple times now; both as a player and more recently as a DM; but I would love to see Roll20's tokens be able to somehow track altitude.  I don't mean just adding a little wing decal; but I mean be able to display a "current altitude" number to the players or have the players track one that I can see.  With either airborne or underwater actions; this becomes way more relevant than one might initially think. I thought at first I could use the "bar" system for this: but unfortunately, it doesn't display visible numbers to the players, only to the DM, so that doesn't work so well. for this purpose unless I say; say "okay, 100 percent is 100 ft., calculate as such."; but that lacks specificity. ... If there's currently a way to do this and I'm just dumb; please tell me.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mostly folks use a Token Markers set like these:  Height and Depth Token Markers (Blue) (I don't because 13th Age doesn't care about that)

Edited 1712852117
Thanks; though not exactly a great solution; more of a work-around that.
If you have the token bar visibility set to standard, you can control who can see the text overlay via the three-dot menu to the right of the bar link drop-down. Captain Corvid said: I thought at first I could use the "bar" system for this: but unfortunately, it doesn't display visible numbers to the players, only to the DM,  ... If there's currently a way to do this and I'm just dumb; please tell me.
Rick A. said: If you have the token bar visibility set to standard, you can control who can see the text overlay via the three-dot menu to the right of the bar link drop-down. Captain Corvid said: I thought at first I could use the "bar" system for this: but unfortunately, it doesn't display visible numbers to the players, only to the DM,  ... If there's currently a way to do this and I'm just dumb; please tell me. Tried this; my players said they could never see the numbers; just that the bar was there.

Edited 1713132323
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Captain Corvid,  There are two sets of controls under the 3 dots, See/Edit controls bar visibility, the drop down menu controls number visibility.  You want to checkmarkr "See" (and Edit of course) and set the drop down to "Visible to Everyone"
The token settings menu's controls aren't always intuitive. It's easy to miss all the places where the controls are scattered.
Ahh; okay I'd only ticked one of those; the "see" option.  Thank you both.
[Deleted]
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .