Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Jukebox Layout, Multiple Playlists

Yes agreed! Vote vote vote for this!
Yes, I've managed to rename the files according to how I'd use them but organization feature like the one suggested by the OP would be a nice addition. +1

Edited 1437636700
Matt B. said: The ability to add a Playlist/Menu name, Let's say, "Dungeon Combat", and have songs that you've added to that Playlist/Menu. Then make that list collapsible if you have multiple playlists in your jukebox, Like,"Creepy Ambient" or "Exciting Reveal". This could make the Jukebox organization so much better. **Essentially, folders for the jukebox with modifications to the jukebox for playlists as well. +1 vote I would Also Like to maybe Make...a token Button...to stop the song right on the Money But this Gets My Up Vote!!! Heck who knows maybe with the New Updates they are going to fix the Music box If not make it so that once one song is done it goes to the Next song... have that with the folders and I would be set... and If they could make it so that I can Move my Music selections over... To a New Game instead of Always Rebuilding My play List  Also a Thought ^-^  It just helps with the smooth Transition instead of always having the choppy hold on Guys gotta change the Song Kills the Battle every time   :(
+1 Definitely needed.  Anything is better than starting a track, getting busy running my game and not realizing that it's done and having to stop everything, switch to the jukebox tab, find the current piece and switch to the next one manually.
I may be missing it, but I'm not sure anyone's mentioned this--also, the ability to actually track through a song and pause it at a certain point would be nice. Sometimes you want to leap halfway through a track, but you're stuck listening to the whole thing because there's no way to skip ahead. An actual "pause" (as opposed to just play/stop) feature would also be extremely helpful.
Gold
Forum Champion
Zentha said: and If they could make it so that I can Move my Music selections over... To a New Game instead of Always Rebuilding My play List&nbsp; All good ideas. Just wanted to let you know there is a related Suggestion thread specifically for the ability to Move your Music selections over to another game instead of rebuilding, Jukebox Vault <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1281976/jukebox-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1281976/jukebox-</a>...
Just to update this thread, redoing the Jukebox to add at the very least folders and additional play options is going to be one of the main focuses of the mini-update we'll be doing right when we get back from GenCon.
Hurray! I was starting to get too much stuff on my hands in regards to the jukebox. I hope the update comes soon :)
That's good news, I actually stopped using the jukebox because it was beginning to slow down my sessions too much.
That's greast, but is there any word on the possibility of an alternative to soundcloud?
Riley D. said: Just to update this thread, redoing the Jukebox to add at the very least folders and additional play options is going to be one of the main focuses of the mini-update we'll be doing right when we get back from GenCon. I'm pleased to hear this. &nbsp;I like the Jukebox feature, but it's always proven to be pretty unwieldy to utilize in play. &nbsp;I hope this will help somewhat, in that regard. &nbsp;Looking forward to seeing more. &nbsp;8)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Very pleased to hear this.&nbsp;I've been complaining about this to my group forever. It is incredibly difficult to manage my 50+ music tracks.

Edited 1440169702
playlists would be super, but folders would help a lot, over almost three years I have collected a lot of sound effects, background music... Organizing it would be wonderful. To find the playing track The Aaron, scriptomancer 20th level, wrote this bookmarklet: javascript:(function(){_.each($('#jukebox').find('tr'),function(r){var $r=$(r),$b=$($r.find('button'));if($b.hasClass('pause')){$r.css({backgroundColor: '#ff0000'});}});}()) For when you want to turn off one of a hundred tracks.
Timi
Marketplace Creator
I &nbsp;very much support this idea. Keep up the good work!
Good to hear this is in the works. I'm very much looking forward to this.&nbsp; Thanks Roll20 Team!
Yay! Looking forward to the update!
+1 Love the idea, is there any sort of timeline for it though? So very desperate for a better way to play my musics and sounds, smooth gameplay is best gameplay :)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This suggestion is now complete and live: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2445162/new-update-9-slash-22-jukebox-playlists-tabletop-audio-paypal-macro-renaming-tutorial-and-more" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2445162/new-update-9-slash-22-jukebox-playlists-tabletop-audio-paypal-macro-renaming-tutorial-and-more</a>