Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Update 11/11/2014: Dynamic Lighting (Restrict Movement, Low Light Support, Global Lighting), Character Sheet Buttons on Macro Bar, and more!

First, wonderful update. Second, is possible have a step-by-step instruction on how to use " Turn Order Counters "? I'm so clumsy... ;)
@Beppe63 Check out <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Turn_Tracker#Turn_Order_Settings" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Turn_Tracker#Turn_Order_Settings</a> ("Turn Order Settings"). The second paragraph there mentions how to do the new Turn Order Counters stuff. If that doesn't get it working for you feel free to ask us for more help.
question, does anyone know what you would put under emits light and multiplier for races with darkvision and races with normal vision and low light vision? thanks
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Darkvision: 60' 60' has sight Lowlight: has sight, x2 Normal: has sight.
so dont input numbers in for lowlight and normal?
ok checked out what it looks like, makes sense, thanks
what about for torches and light sources?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Torches and light sources don't have sight, but have a radius, dim and all players see light. example ; torchlight : 40' radius 20' dim and all players see light
Thanks Riley D . now it's clear! :)
If I may, with regard to the Dynamic lighting, could it be possible to have something that doesn't block sight but dims it. i.e. My party has come up to a bookshelf filled with books however there are still possabilities to look through the shelf although it is difficult to see what lies beyond. Rather than blocking the light all together the feature would dim it to look darker. Also is there a possability to have something that blocks movement but not sight. Aka, a window so players can't move through it but they can see though it. Kindest regards and thanks for the epic new features. Lander Bennewith.

Edited 1416164646
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Lander, those are nice suggestions but have you thought about posting them in the suggestion and ideas forum so that others can review them, vote on them, and discuss them? More eyes will see them there.
@Lander B. I would recommend adding your support and suggestions to my thread here.... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1246470/special-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1246470/special-</a>...
Hello Regarding the drag and drop macro from character sheet feature, is there anyway to rename/make the macro button smaller?

Edited 1416251054
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Not currently. It's been suggested a few times on various chat threads, but I don't see an offical suggestion in the Suggestions and Ideas forum for it... (hint, hint =D )
Good to know. Thank you.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Saw your suggestion, thanks for posting it! =D
Good updates...the restrict was needed as I had players running through the doors.... Now, if you can get the 5th E sheet to print the character sheets, we are golden!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Now, if you can get the 5th E sheet to print the character sheets, we are golden! Shameless plug. Print Character Sheets
Great update! I have to say that perhaps the main reason I picked Roll20 as our group's VTT was the obvious active development and frequent update schedule. The service has improved tremendously even over the time I've been using it. Keep up the good work!!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Well keep a hold on your socks as more then likely the speed of the updates are not going to slow down (my opinion as a member not as a moderator)
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times this VTT is the next best thing to sliced bread when it comes to being a tool in my arsenal of rpg stuff
Awesome update! It would be really powerful if you could programmatically add turn order custom items via a macro. Often times my players have a difficult time tracking when buff/debuff spells should end. Imagine that your macro for Sleep added a sleep custom item to the turn tracker with value 3 that decremented 1 each RND until 0. At this point all players would know that the effects of sleep should be undone.
I'm new here and I'm looking at the possibility of becoming a subscriber. Now if my following question has already been answered here or somewhere else, forgive me. There are a lot of replies to this post, and I don't have the time to read them all. My question is: does Dynamic Lighting replace or supersede Fog of War? Can they be used together, or would there be no reason for FoW with Dynamic Lighting? Thank you in advance for your time, patience, and answer(s)!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andrew M. said: I'm new here and I'm looking at the possibility of becoming a subscriber. Now if my following question has already been answered here or somewhere else, forgive me. There are a lot of replies to this post, and I don't have the time to read them all. My question is: does Dynamic Lighting replace or supersede Fog of War? Can they be used together, or would there be no reason for FoW with Dynamic Lighting? Thank you in advance for your time, patience, and answer(s)! Dynamic Lighting and Fog of War can certainly be used together if you want. With the addition of DL restricting movement, combining the two isn't as useful as it used to be, though (many people would use FoW to hide rooms they didn't want their players to see yet, whereas restricted movement can let you just place a door over the entrance and they can't get in).
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
You can use them together. As for superseding...I'm going to go out on a lim and say Fog of War supersedes Dynamic Lighting, because you have to manually remove the FoW.
The FoW layer sits "on top" of the Dynamic Lighting layer. So if you have the FoW blocked off for an area, it's not visible to the players in that area even if they have light and could normally see in it. As Brian said, it was previously used a lot to keep players from dragging their token through a wall to the next room over and (accidentally or purposefully) revealing the big baddie sitting in the final room or something like that. Now you have the option to keep your players from moving through walls, so they can't do that anymore, and it's not as needed as it was. But you can still use them together if you want to, for example, place a "zone of darkness" in an area of the room that sucks in all the light or something like that.