Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spotify integration for the Jukebox

Score + 256
+1 for Spotify integration!
+1 for spotify integration,  currently its a drag, its buggy, sometimes it plays unwanted music.  Volume is never consistant, and difficult to adjust.
+1 for Spotify integration!
Come on Roll20, are you going to do this or not? A yes or no would be nice. The integrated voice and video is not great with extra-channels from my xsplit but the jukebox really is not fit for purpose anymore. Threads passim have requested this for years.
+1 Spotify etc. integration for Jukebox. I'm not paying anything more until you guys do.
+1 for third party audio integration including Spotify and also Syrinscape.
Vote here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1359020/spotify-integration-for-the-jukebox/?pageforid=11625375#post-11625375" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1359020/spotify-integration-for-the-jukebox/?pageforid=11625375#post-11625375</a> Has over 200 votes already.
I've given up waiting. I use a GoXLR and X-Split to add music and record the sessions. I am struggling to see why this is so hard.
I would love this feature. I currently have sound effects running rough roll20, but have everyone on the discord channel to play the Spotify soundtrack I have for the game. It would be great to have this integrated into one system.
Does roll20 have a git repo that people can create pull requests to? I'm a dev, even though I never worked with the Spotify API before I would like to create this integration, whatever language you guys use, just let me know if this is possible.
PLEASE
+5 for Spotify integration (members of my party included)!
+1 for Spotify Integration from me as well
+1 for Spotify Integration from me as well
+1

Edited 1708381933
GM
Pro
I strongly disagree with implementing this.&nbsp; It creates a whole slew of legal requirements and Spotify has likely no interest in allowing one account to jukebox content for multiple people. For those of you who were not on roll20 back when they used external audio services like Soundcloud, it was a complete and terrible nightmare.&nbsp; Soundtracks would disappear without warning all of the time and dead links would screw up play lists left and right. I am EXTREMELY happy with the ability to upload our own music in a private setting.&nbsp; I don't want them to mess with that one bit. In short:&nbsp; This will create tons of problems and this will create tons of expense.&nbsp; We don't need it.&nbsp; It's bad for the site and bad for the GMs.&nbsp; We have it good having 100% control over our private music libraries.

Edited 1708382294
GM
Pro
Paulo said: Does roll20 have a git repo that people can create pull requests to? I'm a dev, even though I never worked with the Spotify API before I would like to create this integration, whatever language you guys use, just let me know if this is possible. Do you have any idea what can of worms taking a single Spotify subscription and rebroadcasting it to a room full of people across the internet is? In a perfect world where we didn't have ridiculous music licensing situations, it'd be fine.&nbsp; But this is just not practical or plausible and I think people that keep asking for this don't consider the legal and financial mess this causes. The bottom line is a musician getting 2 cents a stream is going to want 10 cents a stream for a game with 5 people in it and Roll20's not going to pay that, and is not big enough to work out special requirements for a GM to pay it.&nbsp;&nbsp; Long story short Roll20's gone down the external music service partnerships road before.&nbsp; It's a very, very bad road fraught with pitfalls.
I would like to be able to trigger external sounds on my computer, especially Syrinscape tracks. I can do it externally but there is no way I can have one trigger on say page load or a sword swing.

Edited 1708452808
The limit of 10mb per song is a serious impediment to uploading your own music, and it takes up space. If I were able to stream music from my own library without having to upload, that would be great. I use Discord with my players to do that currently. Would just rather have an alternative within Roll20. &nbsp;With, of course, a much better "Manage Audio" capability that the terrible one that exists now. Spotify integration should be even better if a flat fee could be organized. According to "GM" that's 10 cents a game? Maybe four games a month? Sure - charge me an extra dollar a month to use my Spotify account. Or just come up with a figure that works. Do SOMETHING.