Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Scale bars and status icons with token size

Score + 238
+1 for the request, -1 for the fact it's been ignored for so many years.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Yes, please! I'm currently using 0.5 grid size and the token markers are pretty much useless when they are so big that they cover a huge chunk of the token.
I'll add my +1 too -- just started running the Dungeon of the Mad Mage purchased module, and this is driving me nuts. It's gonna keep driving me nuts for years too because this is a long campaign. Please add this element scaling option!
They get smaller if you add more token markers. I bet a script could be written where you can specify the minimum number of token spaces you want taken up and it adds blank ones until that number is reached. I'll post here if I'm able to pull that off.
+1 on this.
This is the sort of thing that's pushing me to cancel my subscription to Roll20 and switch to Foundry instead. I won't be putting a script together to compensate for the development team dropping the ball on this one. If they continue to ignore this playability issue (which is especially notable on content they're selling in their marketplace), I hope someone else writes a script to add blank token markers to make the visible ones smaller. Seems pretty straightforward, but I no longer feel the need to spend the time to do so myself. One pro level subscription lost, as well as any potential future purchases I might have made on the marketplace. Might have more power than a "+1".
Another +1 here. This seems simple enough, and would be a significant QoL improvement (as well as just making the game seem more professionally done). Accommodating scaling in some things, but not in other, directly related things, is poorly done.
+1
+1
JJA
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1 and I mean... this has a ton of upvotes and yet it's still an issue after SEVEN YEARS?! Come on, y'all.
+1
+1, is extremely easy to introduce to the VTT code.
+1
+1
+1
+1 (as I'm currently tripping over this issue)  BTW, the new feature to automatically add a label that indicates which layer a token is currently on is nice, but it is an even worse culprit for this reported issue and requested solution.  The token selected in the screenshot below is an NPC token that I dropped onto the map and was automatically sized for 1 square.  I am doing a modern game with a very large scale battle map, so the small grid squares are a necessity.
+1
+1
+1
+1 I may also switch from Roll20 after my current campaign ends. Features like the new Measure tool are nice, and helpful, but should have been added way sooner. The dev team is stretched thin, and supporting so many games is a challenge, I get it.  It's obvious though that I should put my money towards a product and or service that is better managed.
+1 Wow this has been requested for YEARS and is still not able to be done? This may be a QOL feature in some respects, but a necessity on some of the newer modules. 
+1. 10 years says maybe Owlbear will be the future over this as well. Ormus speaks wisdom
+1 !!
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
My GM put us on a map with squares which were 0.5 grid spaces. So all of our tokens were tiny, the status icons were massive, and the 2 bars we had on our tokens completely covered the square above us. I've had my vote on this suggestion for awhile now, but I'll go ahead and add my voice to the comments.
+1 plus I'd like the option to make a status cover the whole token and not just the corner. Just convenient for the net icon to cover the token, imo.
+1 Give markers a second row when you got 4+ of them. let you view them all when you do the token zoom command. Literally do ANYTHING to make markers more visible.
+1
I use 3 bars in my games. (HP, AC, Move) and with 3 bars they are even higher above the character tokens.  Looks terrible, is hard to work with for DM and players.  This should be fixed already.