Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder sheet thread 3: I've run out of titles

Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
This game is too damn popular. My free time this week will be geared towards tweaking the Conditions section and looking at a buffs section. As always, feel free to leave questions, comments, and concerns here. Me or (likely) someone else with more free time will be able to answer you.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
What's the holdup on roll templates?
Sam, once again I would like to extend a heartfelt Thank You for all the amazing work you have done.
Sam
Sheet Author
Based on initial investigation, how likely would it be to see the individual spell DC and the ability to "show/hide" on individual spells?

Edited 1421108910
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Samuel T. said: Based on initial investigation, how likely would it be to see the individual spell DC and the ability to "show/hide" on individual spells? I think Sam mentioned that he was going to add the DC to each spell (button bar and repeatable items) and it would default to the proper value, and that you could change it(per spell) as needed. :-) Show/Hide spells would be a nice addition.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince said: What's the holdup on roll templates? Like this?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
LOL. That looks nice Steve. So, have you just added a custom roll template into the current PF sheet to make this? I played around with the default template and was unimpressed. But I like what you have going on here.

Edited 1421159604
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Individual DCs and other spell things will be done this weekend. It's gonna take me a bit to get roll templates in because there are a lot of places that will use them and I'm not looking forward to it. I think I said it before but hiding individual spells is probably not going to happen.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince said: LOL. That looks nice Steve. So, have you just added a custom roll template into the current PF sheet to make this? I played around with the default template and was unimpressed. But I like what you have going on here. Yeah, this is just a template that's pulling in the first entry from the 0 level spells repeating table. Sam said: Individual DCs and other spell things will be done this weekend. It's gonna take me a bit to get roll templates in because there are a lot of places that will use them and I'm not looking forward to it. Sam, you should recruit help. It will be a lot of work to set up roll templates for a sheet that has as many rolls as PF. I'm sure that if you picked a general design there would be a lot of fans of your work that would help churn out the different templates for the sheet. Roll20 has one of the best communities I've had the privilege to be a part of and the community contributing (people like you) is a big part of that.
Sam
Sheet Author
I would be honored to help you Sam
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Samuel T. said: I would be honored to help you Sam I'm game. Slow and under-qualified as well... I volunteer Steve . He never has anything to do and he's overly qualified. :-)
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
That sounds like a great idea Steve. I'll message you guys shortly.
Also happy to help! I've been toying around with your sheet the last few days, changing some of the built in macro's and adding my own buff section which ties straight into a lot of the macro's, it's not the cleanest solution but has probably given me enough experience to help out where you need.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
i like that roll templates are being added to the sheet, but i suggest we use a design closer to the sheet. while parchment backgrounds do look nice, they seem out of place with the sheet.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nibrodooh said: i like that roll templates are being added to the sheet, but i suggest we use a design closer to the sheet. while parchment backgrounds do look nice, they seem out of place with the sheet. I'm sure there was considerable thought put into the original "design/look" of the current PF sheet, presumably to make it look similar to the Pathfinder's CRB character sheet, and that deserves merit. That said, there doesn't seem to be much actual "design" found in the PF sheet. Which, in no small part is do to the sheer amount of information that needs to reside there... Roll templates should be consistent across the sheet as well as fit the look and feel of the sheet overall. Wow, I think as much as I like the parchment look, I agree with Nibrodooh. Anyone else have an opinion about what they would like to see in regards to adding roll templates to the PF sheet?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Parchment looks nice but I think I'd also like to keep it simple and clear. Parchment might appear too busy at times.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
well its bad form to suggest something without contributing, so here is something basic. i'm sure someone who is good at css could make something better, but this works and matches the sheet somewhat .sheet-rolltemplate-pathfinder table{ width:100%; background-color:white; border:1px solid rgba(112,32,130,1) } .sheet-rolltemplate-pathfinder caption{ background-color:rgba(0,0,0,1); color:white; font-family:"Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:1.1em; padding:5px } .sheet-rolltemplate-pathfinder td{ padding:5px;line-height:1.4em; vertical-align:top; text-align:right} .sheet-rolltemplate-pathfinder td:first-child{ font-weight:bold; text-align:left; min-width:50px; padding-right:10px } .sheet-rolltemplate-pathfinder tr:nth-child(odd){ background-color:rgba(211,211,211,1) } as for some html: <rolltemplate class="sheet-rolltemplate-pathfinder"> <table> <caption>{{name}}</caption> {{#attack}} <tr><td>Attack</td><td>{{attack}}</td></tr> {{#damage}} <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Damage</td><td>{{damage}}</td></tr> {{/damage}} {{#crit_confirm}} {{#rollWasCrit() attack}} <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Confirm</td><td>{{crit_confirm}}</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Damage</td><td>{{crit_damage}}</td></tr> {{/rollWasCrit() attack}} {{/crit_confirm}} {{/attack}} {{^attack}} {{#damage}} <tr><td>Damage</td><td>{{damage}}</td></tr> {{/damage}} {{/attack}} {{#attack2}} <tr><td>Attack</td><td>{{attack2}}</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Damage</td><td>{{damage2}}</td></tr> {{#rollWasCrit() attack2}} <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Confirm</td><td>{{crit_confirm2}}</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Damage</td><td>{{crit_damage2}}</td></tr> {{/rollWasCrit() attack2}} {{/attack2}} {{#attack3}} <tr><td>Attack</td><td>{{attack3}}</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Damage</td><td>{{damage3}}</td></tr> {{#rollWasCrit() attack3}} <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Confirm</td><td>{{crit_confirm3}}</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Damage</td><td>{{crit_damage3}}</td></tr> {{/rollWasCrit() attack3}} {{/attack3}} {{#attack4}} <tr><td>Attack</td><td>{{attack4}}</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Damage</td><td>{{damage4}}</td></tr> {{#rollWasCrit() attack4}} <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Confirm</td><td>{{crit_confirm4}}</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-indent:0.5em">Damage</td><td>{{crit_damage4}}</td></tr> {{/rollWasCrit() attack4}} {{/attack4}} {{#allprops() attack damage crit_confirm crit_damage description attack2 damage2 crit_confirm2 crit_damage2 attack3 damage3 crit_confirm3 crit_damage3 attack4 damage4 crit_confirm4 crit_damage4}} <tr><td>{{key}}</td><td>{{value}}</td></tr> {{/allprops() attack damage crit_confirm crit_damage description attack2 damage2 crit_confirm2 crit_damage2 attack3 damage3 crit_confirm3 crit_damage3 attack4 damage4 crit_confirm4 crit_damage4}} {{#description}} <tr><td colspan="2" style="font-weight:normal; text-align:center"><p>{{description}}</p></td></tr> {{/description}} </table> </rolltemplate> and finally a macro &{template:pathfinder} {{name=@{character_name}: @{name}}} {{attack=[[1d20cs>@{crit-target} + @{total-attack}]]}} {{damage=[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + @{total-damage}]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[1d20 + @{total-attack}]]}} {{crit_damage=[[(@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{damage-die} + (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{description=@{notes}}} this template is compatible with up to 4 attacks(more can be added if needed, i play mostly at lower levels), with critical information that only shows as needed. it also works with non attack rolls, using the same system as the default template(allProps) to display any other tags. there is also a {{description}} tag that displays centered text, although i cant get it to work with line breaks and i don't know if that is a me problem or a roll20 problem.

Edited 1421816726
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm sure your template blows mine out of the water Nibrodooh. :-) Here's what I've cobbled together for the spells roll template. I think it could use some grey banding perhaps, keeping in the spirit of the PF sheet. Might help for readability? I ended up throwing out the table format and replacing the template with div's. In theory, in should make style changes easier... Please fork and improve. I'm just a hack and usually just keep attacking something till it starts working, whether or not it's the "correct" method. <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/210bd7df09358c96118a" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/210bd7df09358c96118a</a> copy/paste, cause I hate long code in the forums. :-) EDIT: how do you keep the github gist code from auto-inserting itself? PITA
I like it Vince. Any chance of posing up the CDs/html for those?

Edited 1421822866
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
I am working on my roll template and thought i should post an image. This image show a macro with a link to the character sheet, a macro with two attacks, and a bug that i didn't notice until i made this post, and the critical mechanic. I plan to add the header from your checks cause it looks sweet IMO, as wells as make it a bit more spell friendly. I already have almost every check on my version of the sheet except spells using this template, tho i do use a custom version of the sheet wich lacks some stuff. anybody have any comments for stuff i should add to it?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
I love it dude, Mind if I throw that into the sheet?

Edited 1421888892
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I like it Nibrodooh. It works very well. My header was a headache and that's why I swapped out the table for a div. The PF sheet from Paizo uses it, so I thought I would try and add it in. If you can get it to work proper in a table that would be great. I think the PF sheet would really only a need a few templates. Creating/Replacing all the button rows and macro text is definitely a pain though. I just went thru this swapping in powercard tags... Suggestion: Maybe add something like "Attack #2" or "2nd Attack" for the extra attacks and a "+" in front of the additional crit damage result. Since I'm on a roll, can each Attack, Damage, Confirm, Damage, cascade if displayed? I think this would help with aesthetics. example;
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
feel free to use it in the sheet, ill finish it tonight and make a pull request to the git
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I made some changes to my Spell roll template design to better mesh with Nibrodooh's Attack template. Thoughts? <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/b85fb0a1acb487cd5728" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/b85fb0a1acb487cd5728</a>
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Alternating row shading is a great idea Vince, it makes reading way easier!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nibrodooh said: feel free to use it in the sheet, ill finish it tonight and make a pull request to the git How's the attack template going Nibrodooh? I managed to get my "header flair" to work within tables. It was blowing up if someone added a huge bunch of text to the header. This wasn't an issue in how I was using it, but I could foresee someone modifying it with a custom macro or if the header gets used on the sheet for other roll templates. It seems to "fail" in a much more acceptable way now. :-) It can always be changed to just a solid background color w/out an image as well.

Edited 1422572554
I've read the FAQ that you need to make sure all form elements are filled out for the attack button to work. But I can not see what I am missing. In the screen shot above, it looks like everything is filled out for the Attack row 0... but still ATK and DMG are empty. Can anyone spot what is missing? Thanks for any help. EDIT I figured it out... always do after asking. LEaving this post up for others who may make the same mistake as I did. Fields: ATTACK MODS and DAMAGE MODS need to be integers. I thought they had to be strings. All other fields that require integers have a number selector.
attack mod and damage mod should be 0

Edited 1422572905
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Nick. You are absolutely correct that you need to fill out all the fields in the repeatable sections in order to create the necessary attributes. The grey boxes on the sheet are auto-calculated fields that you can't change since they are based on the fields that you can. You need to put "0" in the Attack Mods and Damage Mods. These are number fields. Post back if you still have issues. Cheers
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
snipe
Sam
Sheet Author
I've noticed what could be an issue and wanted to find out if it is or not. In my campaign I have creatures that deal ability damage and noticed that there seems to be some rounding issues. This is the normal character sheet before any ability damage is taken: This is it after a point of ability damage is taken: Notice that the con mod never changed even though it was supposed to go from an even to an odd. Is this correct behavior or is it a bug?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
RAW Ability Score Damage For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability. I believe it's working correctly.
Sam
Sheet Author
okay you know I think you're right, thanks Vince!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Samuel T. said: okay you know I think you're right, thanks Vince! No. Sam's right. :-) I think I've been playing ability damage wrong myself. But don't tell anyone.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
sorry I disappeared for a couple weeks, I forgot i hadn't posted the template yet, and life got busy. i'll take a look at what is currently up and update my stuff to work with whats been done so far
I have one request for when the Roll Template Update happens, which is that there is a place for a url address for each added spell. For example a player with a sorcerer fills out a spell, i.e ray of frost and includes a hyperlink with the spell. So that when a player casts ray of frost , the title of the spell could be hyperlinked by the player to the pathfinder srd site (specifically to the spell in question. If the slot for the url is empty, no such url is made, but the spell can still be used. That way those who desire to read the entire spell may, while not necessarily requiring the entire posting of the spells effects.
Sam
Sheet Author
+1 to Simon's idea

Edited 1423639736
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Simon said: I have one request for when the Roll Template Update happens, which is that there is a place for a url address for each added spell. For example a player with a sorcerer fills out a spell, i.e ray of frost and includes a hyperlink with the spell. So that when a player casts ray of frost , the title of the spell could be hyperlinked by the player to the pathfinder srd site (specifically to the spell in question. If the slot for the url is empty, no such url is made, but the spell can still be used. That way those who desire to read the entire spell may, while not necessarily requiring the entire posting of the spells effects. I'm not knocking your idea Simon, but why not just include the url in the spell's description? I do hidden url's (hypertext) using powercards, but is there a way to do this within a character sheet without api?

Edited 1423681926
As for whether this is possible without API? Not sure, but from what I understand, not only will the new update include roll templates, but it will also include url support. I suppose I can experiment with the sheet and see if I can get it to work, Though I if I do get it to work, any chance of having it standardized for the sheet? Edit: So, I have already gone in and added a line in the spell table section of the character sheet and made a new attribute called url. The first two images below are the in-game results of the edit. Note, this doesnt include the roll templates, but rather simple emote. However, the hypertext on the emote works! The last Four images below are the HTML Layout code that I entered. Please note that I am an amateur when it comes to scripting code and computer language. But if scripting in hypertext for spells in emotes will be this easy, I cant imagine it being too difficult to pull off for roll templates, just saying.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I like it Simon. I think it would be nice to have a hyperlink in other areas as well. I'm working away from home right now, but when I get back I'll have a closer look. I went thru the process of converting the sheets spell section over to roll templates about 3 weeks back. PITA mainly do to the sheer number of repeatable items... Sam, any thoughts?
I would've recommended it in other locations aswell, such as for feats, equipment, or even skills. But there really wasn't a lot of room for such. However, when it came to spells there was plenty of room to place a URL slot next to the name of the spell, Other things that I thought would be nice is if we could have links to combat maneuvers placed within the sheet, but for now I would be quite content with just allowing all spells to have hypertext.
Hey everyone, a bit new to the scene, but it looks like you all are only working on the Tabbed version of the PF character sheet. Is anyone working on the old (legacy) sheet? My player's and I tend to prefer the Legacy sheet over the tabbed one. Some of my players have older machines and the tabbed sheet seems to stick more often. Anyway, I have started to add templates to the Legacy sheet and was wondering if anyone else has put any work into it. At this point, I have used the default template for everything except attacks thus far. I have manipulated the 5eAttack template and CSS to accommodate the basic character sheet attack rolls. I have altered the sheet data tables for repeating weapons a bit to change the way damage block is filled as well as breaking up the crit block so the crit damage can be rolled vice stated. I managed to incorporate dXcs&gt;Y as well as {{#rollWasCrit}} logic into the template and macro. I think it looks okay, but still want to play with it and get it more PF style. I am about to start on the Spells section (used default for caster check and concentration check, but I really like what Vince has further up and will probably incorporate it or something very similar. Please let me know if anyone is working on the Legacy Sheet. If so we can open another topic to capture and collaborate on what we are doing.

Edited 1423788047
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Phillip. I'm not aware of anyone working on the Legacy Pathfinder sheet. Sam created the legacy sheet and I believe once he moved onto the tabbed version the older version was basically no longer supported. Only Sam can comment on that. I'm sure that anyone that wants to contribute to the legacy version would be very appreciated by everyone using that version of the sheet. I experienced some of the same performance issues with the tabbed sheet using older pc's as well. There have been resource/memory updates on the Dev that have greatly improved the performance of the current Pathfinder sheet. I would encourage you to take it for a spin on the Dev and see what you think.

Edited 1423951643
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Simon said: I would've recommended it in other locations aswell, such as for feats, equipment, or even skills. But there really wasn't a lot of room for such. However, when it came to spells there was plenty of room to place a URL slot next to the name of the spell, Other things that I thought would be nice is if we could have links to combat maneuvers placed within the sheet, but for now I would be quite content with just allowing all spells to have hypertext. I had an epiphany(it happens...) Simon. Why not just paste the Hypertexted Spell name right in the existing name field of your spell? No need for a new attribute. It works. :-) Paste this; [**Detect Thoughts**]( <a href="http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/detectThoughts.html" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/detectThoughts.html</a> ) in the Name field of a repeating spell item. Edit: BTW the addition of basic markup(including adding url's) is currently only on the Dev., but will probably be included with the Update of Holding soon to be released.
Huge threads and no way to search. I am getting this error when using an attack button. As far as i can tell, I have all the relevant data entered on the sheet. I'm the DM trying to have an NPC attack a PC. (All data entered on the PC as well.) Any help (without needing to alter the coding) would be appreciated as I'm about to be running a large scale battle (more than 20 NPCs). I don't want to have to /roll or create specific macros for each combatant. Could not determine result type of: [{"type":"M","expr":"(0)"},{"type":"C","text":" +"}]

Edited 1424021159
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi David. More than likely you have entered something in error. Number fields should only have a number in them. Is it possible that you included a "+" in the attack or damage modifier? Did you toggle each field regardless if it's "none" or NOT a masterwork item? You have to go thru each field of the repeatable items to make sure there is a change made in order to force the creation of the "placeholder" attribute. The Pathfinder Character Sheet Guide has this information and more. Post back if you are still having errors.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
for the links to spells, i am making all of the roll templates be link compatible, but i was iffy about changing the sheet to include URL slots, as the next major update is going to include the compendium, wich i imagine would be a better implementation. with my update(to be uploaded to git tomorrow if all goes as planed) the title on the roll templates will be "Character Name: Spell/Weapon/Ability Name" with the character name being a link to the sheet(some testing of how this works with characters you don't have access to) and the spell name being a link to what ever(such as the PRD). the format for this will be something like: {{name=Character Name}} {{character_id=character_id}} {{ability_name=Ability Name}} {{ability_link=paizo.com/pathfinderrpg/prd}} but still be compatible if you opted out of the use of some of them. eg: {{name=Character Name: Ability Name}} this system is still being tested along side my one template to rule them all, so things are still changing
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sounds good Nibrodooh. Linking the character name to the sheet sounds cool. I think with the introduction of basic markup functions in chat, a url attribute is probably unnecessary since you can now include a hyperlink within any text field on the sheet... thoughts?
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
my thoughts on the template atribute was that the macro was getting unreadable {{name=[@{character_name}](roll20.net/sometingoranother/@{character_id}): [@{spell_name}](paizo.com/pathinderRPG/PRD/)}} is not as easy to read for people who don't understand the syntax. there is some weighing of the pros/cons of adding more atributes that needs to be done

Edited 1424039040
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nibrodooh said: my thoughts on the template atribute was that the macro was getting unreadable {{name=[@{character_name}]( roll20.net/sometingoranother/@{character_id }): [@{spell_name}]( paizo.com/pathinderRPG/PRD/ )}} is not as easy to read for people who don't understand the syntax. there is some weighing of the pros/cons of adding more atributes that needs to be done I think that last part is what i wanted to avoid... :-) Without changing anything on the sheet, you can insert a hypertext into any existing field. [TEXT](URL) The macro wouldn't change and the output looks the same, only clickable. If you didn't care/want a hyperlink, just enter text. To make the character name link to the sheet, I assume that would have to have a new attribute added to the sheet as well as update existing macros...