Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder sheet thread 3: I've run out of titles

Sam
Sheet Author
Couple of things I noticed with the current spell templates. The top line of the description box doesn't get displayed and there seems to be trailing curly braces after the description.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Samuel. Working right now. I'll have a look tonight and get it fixed, unless Nibrodooh beats me to it...

Edited 1426883299
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
That is not a sheet issue, it's a Roll20 issue. Roll templates can't handle line breaks so descriptions can't have line breaks to use the template. we should probably add a short description field because of this.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
No Line breaks/carriage returns in roll templates is major oversight in my opinion. Hopefully the Devs will get something added for it in the markdown. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a short description field in the spells. I would probably still paste the long description in it however...
Sam
Sheet Author
The trailing curly braces are because of the line breaks or the first line is eaten because of line breaks? Because I can use line breaks and they show up just fine.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Both. with no line breaks the description is part of the roll template. if you have line breaks the last property breaks because roll templates must be contained within one line. so the first line gets eaten because the ending braces are on the wrong line so it cant form the property, and at the end of the description there is nothing to parse the final currly braces.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I usually just add ".............." or something similar to denote a break in text and everything stays together within the template. Powercards will break in a similar way if you do not use the powercard tags specifically made for carriage returns, "^^" Hopefully an update will come out to resolve this annoyance.
Seconding the color changing bit. One of the best features of powercards are that they pull in the player designated color (because the player icons on the bottom left of Roll20) allowing quick reference for who is rolling what. If everything were the same color games like mine that have 6-9 players would get really unusable with everything being monocolored.

Edited 1427134060
Honestly, I just want the Pathfinder Sheet to be updated with the roll templates.. I can worry about them not being in color later. Though I suppose, It shouldnt be too difficult to simply 6 versions of each roll template, thus there could be: pf_spell (Black), pf_spell_gr (Green), pf_spell_bu (Blue), pf_spell_re (Red), pf_spell_ye (Golden-Yellow), pf_spell_pu (Purple) pf_attack (Black), pf_attack_gr (Green), pf_attack_bu (Blue), pf_attack_re (Red), pf_attack_ye (Golden-Yellow), pf_spell_pu (Purple). pf_generic (Black), pf_generic_gr (Green), pf_generic_bu (Blue), pf_generic_re (Red), pf_generic_ye (Golden-Yellow), pf_generic_pu (Purple) pf_block (Black), pf_block_gr (Green), pf_block_bu (Blue), pf_block_re (Red), pf_block_ye (Golden-Yellow), pf_block_pu (Purple). Each of these will be an exact duplicate of the first except that its header would be a different color. The character sheets would then start off with the black versions, but other players may change their sheet to use different colors as they feel appropriate.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
The roll templates would have went live right around the time you posted that actually, and also Roll20 fixed the multi line bug, so no short description field needed! As far as the colours thing goes, that implementation has far to much overhead, and no way of changing the sheet rolls. just to add all the templates would make the character sheet some 700 lines longer. the more plausible route is to add a property that displays a different colour of header based on its value(before someone asks this would not be able to be an rgb value) and link that to a set of radio buttons on the sheet. This will take a substantial amount of time so it will take me a while to implement. Currently my que for features is as follows: Update the NPC section to roll templates Add URL fields to allow people to add links to there macros Add colour selection to the roll templates Visual tweaks and changes such as making the spells tabbed instead of contiuous

Edited 1427154870
Not a high priority on my list, but I just wanted to say that I have tried out roll templates for level 1 and level 2 spells and they are showing as level 0 spells instead of their appropriate spell level. Again, not a high priority on my list, just wanted to point it out. EDIT: Upon further investigation, it was because I had not filled out the Caster Level portion on the spell tab..

Edited 1427164765
Survival rolls aren't working properly, looks like due to a lack of L in the call for the roll. No attribute was found for @{Anza Lorrimor|Surviva} Anza Lorrimor : Survival Check 2
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't know how I didn't notice that, I must have accidentally changed it since I last tested. An update to fix it will be uploaded later tonight(it will be a few days until it goes live due to the way updates are handled)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Simon said: Not a high priority on my list, but I just wanted to say that I have tried out roll templates for level 1 and level 2 spells and they are showing as level 0 spells instead of their appropriate spell level. Again, not a high priority on my list, just wanted to point it out. EDIT: Upon further investigation, it was because I had not filled out the Caster Level portion on the spell tab.. Just a slight moment of panic... Thanks for that Simon. :-P
Nibrodooh said: I don't know how I didn't notice that, I must have accidentally changed it since I last tested. An update to fix it will be uploaded later tonight(it will be a few days until it goes live due to the way updates are handled) I'm assuming you are referring to the Survival problem. In which case, thank you! Another issue we noticed: our GM will frequently mouseover roll results to make sure mods are correct (typically in de/buff situations) and noticed that now when he mouses over, the hover is being chopped off in Chrome. I downloaded Firefox and it is appropriately narrowing the box to show everything. image showing roll hover in both browsers Not sure how that changed, as I recall it being fine previously and I thought that browsers natively made sure that hovering text never exited the boundaries of the browser window (but then it's been ages since I mucked with CSS).
Hello again! First of all: Massive thanks to everyone working on those Roll Templates! I love them, they make everything look super tidy and easy to read. It's great! Since the new dice mechanics have been introduced I'm encountering, well not really a problem, but an issue that I can't figure out. If anyone has some advice or work around for me, I'd be really happy. The thing is, all of my groups really enjoyed seeing the dice rolls for the attacks of monsters and NPCs, which have been GM rolls all the time, but after the last update the 3D dice won't show on the screens of the players. I don't want to roll from outside the NPC section since it reveals too much information for my taste (mainly attack and damage boni) and more important it let's them know which of the rolls was the Attack roll and which one was the confirm. Meaning I can't save their butts when they need it or I can't make the challenge a bit harder for them by simply switching attack and confirm rolls. Again, I know it's a minor thing, but for some reason in my sessions the GM-rolls always have been an important element for the players. Seeing the GM roll two 20s and instantly knowing you're in trouble feels a bit more thrilling than just depending on the honesty of your GM. I'll gladly take any advice! Thanks! /K

Edited 1427277194
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
The GM roll is designed to be a hidden roll, and the ability for players to see them was a bug in roll 20. To have rolls that players can see only the dice of wwould require you to do the math yourself, while rolling publicly The bug with the mouseover is a roll 20 bug, not a pathfinder sheet bug.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
If your player's can't see the roll, that should allow you to make the occasional judgment call. I actually add /em The DM seems to be rolling some dice... to some of my /w gm or /gmroll (I actually use powercards --whisper| tag for most hidden rolls) macros. This lets the player's know I'm rolling something, or perhaps it's nothing. :-)
Is there currently a way to easily input negative levels on the character sheet? Is it possible to add a "Negative Levels" entry, perhaps under conditions, that would automatically apply the effects of negative levels? (–1 penalty on all ability checks, attack rolls, combat maneuver checks, Combat Maneuver Defense, saving throws, and skill checks, including concentration and -5 current and maximum HP)
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
currently no, and while a conditions system that would support this is something that i would like to implement, it is not in the near future as there is a substantial amount of work to be done to implement it. The only way to do this currently is to apply the penalties to affected attributes individually, or manually subtract them from rolls. sorry for the inconveniece.
Simon said: Vince said: Simon said: I would've recommended it in other locations aswell, such as for feats, equipment, or even skills. But there really wasn't a lot of room for such. However, when it came to spells there was plenty of room to place a URL slot next to the name of the spell, Other things that I thought would be nice is if we could have links to combat maneuvers placed within the sheet, but for now I would be quite content with just allowing all spells to have hypertext. I had an epiphany(it happens...) Simon. Why not just paste the Hypertexted Spell name right in the existing name field of your spell? No need for a new attribute. It works. :-) Paste this; [**Detect Thoughts**]( <a href="http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/detectThoughts.html" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/detectThoughts.html</a> ) in the Name field of a repeating spell item. Edit: BTW the addition of basic markup(including adding url's) is currently only on the Dev., but will probably be included with the Update of Holding soon to be released. While I agree that pasting the Hypertexted Spell name in the existing field works, it also seems like an unnecessary complication for new users. I was under the impression that character sheets were to assist new users to utilize Roll20 without having to know too many scripts. By making an attribute for the URL, that would be one less thing the players would need to know. However, I am curious. Is there a limit on the number of attributes that a sheet may have? Or are attributes taxing for gameplay? If there is a limit, or it is increasingly taxing, then I apologise. Please Excuse me if this was already suggested since I am only about half way down the threat, but I thought Simons suggestion for the hyperlinks was a good one. In addition he mentioned having hyperlinks for skills but not having a good spot with room to put the attribute for the URL. For Skills couldn't the URL just be hard coded so the user of the sheet doesn't need to enter it at all. Everyone has the same set of skills it is consistent across all characters and the skills that are variable like Craft or Profession just have a base description for Craft on the SRD. This would allow the player or DM to easily look up average DC's and uses for a skill when it is rolled, or possible even within the sheet before rolling to understand how they can use the skill. I do prefer a separate URL field for the spells though since nearly all of the players of the game I run would not be able to inline the URL and I would end up having to do it for them with all their spells. For the attack template as long as the weapon name could support a URL in line i would be happy with that since it is rare you have a weapon with a special attribute you might need to look up. If not the name at least the notes field needs to be able to support a URL.
Nibrodooh said: So I was adding the url fields back in and realised a major issue with adding links to the roll templates: there is no way to make the template auto switch the link off if the field is empty. the roll template can detect if a macro has the requisite property it will become a link, but if the property is empty it will just mess up the formatting. To avoid the questions about why the url field doesn't work(or is required if i did it that way) i am going to refrain from adding them, but may create a separate sheet(that would not be available to select, it would be in a separate repository) that uses them. Would it be possible to have the URL field pre-populate with <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com</a> That way if someone doesn't fill it in it will just link to the default SRD page and not be empty which i understand breaks the formating. This way there is still an easy field right there for people to copy and paste in the URL for the spell or ability they want.

Edited 1427479198
Simon said: Honestly, I just want the Pathfinder Sheet to be updated with the roll templates.. I can worry about them not being in color later. Though I suppose, It shouldnt be too difficult to simply 6 versions of each roll template, thus there could be: pf_spell (Black), pf_spell_gr (Green), pf_spell_bu (Blue), pf_spell_re (Red), pf_spell_ye (Golden-Yellow), pf_spell_pu (Purple) Stupid question from the CSS illiterate...But is it a functional possibility to define the color dynamically at the time of calling the template? ie: &{template:pf_attack} {{headercolor=33FF33}} {{name=Some Header Text).....
Greg A. said: For Skills couldn't the URL just be hard coded so the user of the sheet doesn't need to enter it at all. Everyone has the same set of skills it is consistent across all characters and the skills that are variable like Craft or Profession just have a base description for Craft on the SRD. This would allow the player or DM to easily look up average DC's and uses for a skill when it is rolled, or possible even within the sheet before rolling to understand how they can use the skill. I do prefer a separate URL field for the spells though since nearly all of the players of the game I run would not be able to inline the URL and I would end up having to do it for them with all their spells. For the attack template as long as the weapon name could support a URL in line i would be happy with that since it is rare you have a weapon with a special attribute you might need to look up. If not the name at least the notes field needs to be able to support a URL. Would it be possible to have the URL field pre-populate with <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com</a> That way if someone doesn't fill it in it will just link to the default SRD page and not be empty which i understand breaks the formating. This way there is still an easy field right there for people to copy and paste in the URL for the spell or ability they want I actually like the ideas here: o Having all skills hard-coded with urls already included. (it wont help with custom skills, but for core skills it would help out. o Having all spells begin pre-populated with simply <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells</a> Then later when all the other bugs are worked out add: o All feat slots having a url slot pre-populated with <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats</a> o All magic item slots having a url slot pre-populated with <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items</a> o All attack slots having a url slot pre-populated with <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons</a>
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Pre-defined url's seems like a good idea Simon. Maybe we should add it to the to do list...? Making a roll template property for header color is also a good idea Mark. Is this possible Nibrodooh? The Devs added line breaks, maybe player colors will be next?
Vince said: Pre-defined url's seems like a good idea Simon. Maybe we should add it to the to do list...? Making a roll template property for header color is also a good idea Mark. Is this possible Nibrodooh? The Devs added line breaks, maybe player colors will be next? Just to clarify the pre-defined urls was Greg's idea..
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Unfortunately no, an RGB value is not doable, the closest we can get is a selection from a predefined list of colours through an attribute(and I am not coding in all 16 million). This is also based on my knowledge of how the roll templates work, so if someone knows how to do it, be my guest to show me how and ill add it in a heart beat. That being said while writing this I had an idea for an experiment to see if I could get it to work, I don't expect it to work but I'll try. In Regards to the predefined URL's I did figure out how to add URL fields that work while empty so that is not a problem, and the bigger problem with adding a default link is actually that people wont change it; this is the same principal as the attacks having not proficient as the default: they need to be changed at least once to work. I think adding links to the skills and other things like that is a good idea, but the links will be to paizo.com/pathfinderrpg/prd/ as I feel the default sheet should lead to the official resource (I have no problem with the SRD, but I feel this is the better way of doing things). When the compendium is viable alternative then I will switch to that(as I imagine it will be able to be referenced without leaving Roll20, wich seems useful). Also, as far as weapons go: they do support links, add the attribute {{name_link=}} to your macro (this works on all of the roll templates). So far my plans for URL fields are for class abilities, feats, spells, items, racial traits, and traits. is there any other places they should be?
The only reason why I suggested the SRD is that there are several who I know that utilize decent 3rd Party Content such as Dreamscarred Press which include rules for Psionics and Martial Initiators, which is something that the PRD does not include.
I'm not sure if this is the best place to make the request, but here we go... I really like the sheet you guys have put together (even if many of my players don't like the tabs), but I was wondering (since I do a lot of PFS) if there was a way to distribute the Feats when changing between character sheet types. Situation: If a player creates his character on the Legacy Pathfinder Sheet and then imports it into campaign using your sheet all of the racial abilities, traits, class abilities, and feats end up in the feats tab. No a super big deal because they are all present, just not sorted. However, if you flip the situation around, all of the class abilities, traits, and racial abilities are lost in the translation! Possible solution: the Legacy sheet uses a drop down list to identify the type of ability. Perhaps this could be used to segregate the abilities. Another thing that just popped into my head is that we could get together and adapt naming protocols (more than likely introduce yours into the Legacy sheet) so each type of ability ends up in the correct tabbed area. And, going the other way, abilities don't get dropped due to a bad type name. I'd like to request some thoughts on the matter and possibly if something has already been tried. I'm not sure this affects many players, but it has bothered me for some time.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
this is not possible. repeating sections can not be split. conversion between sheets is not supported (unless whomever is maintaining the sheet wants to update it to include features of the new sheet, I only deal with the modern sheet)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Simon said: Vince said: Pre-defined url's seems like a good idea Simon. Maybe we should add it to the to do list...? Making a roll template property for header color is also a good idea Mark. Is this possible Nibrodooh? The Devs added line breaks, maybe player colors will be next? Just to clarify the pre-defined urls was Greg's idea.. My bad Simon. (snuck a peak at the thread on my cell at lunch break...) Credit to Greg for the original idea and additional credit to Simon for his spin. :-) Although I use the d20pfsrd for most of my Pathfinder rules searches, I think Nibrodooh makes a good point about linking back to Paizo's prd(another excellent resource). I think the PF sheet is supposed to primarily support the RAW which was probably done to put some parameters on an already huge character sheet.

Edited 1427545378
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
my que for adding features now stands as follows: Update the NPC section to roll templates Add URL fields to allow people to add links to there macros Add links to various parts of the sheet Add colour selection to the roll templates Visual tweaks and changes such as making the spells tabbed instead of contiuous Update the conditions section I finish a feature and my list get longer... oh well. NPC roll templates now on a git near you! (some testing may be required, GM discretion is advised)

Edited 1427550099
Hello, I was looking at Nibrodooh 's solution for multiple attacks, and I can get it to work in my character sheet, but when I use the attack bar buttion, it only shows the first attack. The following is what I have under the macro textbox for repeating_weapon_3_Attack &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[1d20cs&gt;@{crit-target} + @{total-attack}]]}} {{damage=[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + @{total-damage}]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[1d20 + @{total-attack}]]}} {{crit_damage=[[(@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{damage-die} + (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))]]}} {{attack2=[[1d20cs&gt;@{crit-target} + @{total-attack}]]}} {{damage2=[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + @{total-damage}]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[1d20 + @{total-attack}]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[(@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{damage-die} + (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{description=@{notes}}} When i use %selected|repeating_weapon_3_Attack, it only shows one attack. Is the button next to the attacks in the sheet different from the buttions on the attack bar? Is there a way to reference the buttons next to the attacks, or only the attack bar buttons? Also, is there a way of setting the attack mod to a calulation of variables? I'm trying to get flurry of blows to work, which uses monk-lvl+(-2) as a mod for all attacks (I think). Thanks in advance for any help!
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
The button bar is separate. Repeating sections have odd behaviour that prevents us from being able to call the rolls and auto calculating values from outside the repeating section, so as a work around we have buttons that call the default macro, but this does force you to roll for each individual attack, or use the ridiculous work around I mentioned in the post I explained the adding of attacks. You can enter a formula into the attack mod section. a furry of blows attack replaces BAB with the monks level so inputing "@{class-0-level}-@{bab}-2" (or the equivalent if the monk class is in a different slot) into the attack mod slot will give you the desired result
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Albert Y. said: Hello, I was looking at Nibrodooh 's solution for multiple attacks, and I can get it to work in my character sheet, but when I use the attack bar buttion, it only shows the first attack. The following is what I have under the macro textbox for repeating_weapon_3_Attack &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[1d20cs&gt;@{crit-target} + @{total-attack}]]}} {{damage=[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + @{total-damage}]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[1d20 + @{total-attack}]]}} {{crit_damage=[[(@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{damage-die} + (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))]]}} {{attack2=[[1d20cs&gt;@{crit-target} + @{total-attack}]]}} {{damage2=[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + @{total-damage}]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[1d20 + @{total-attack}]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[(@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{damage-die} + (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{description=@{notes}}} When i use %selected|repeating_weapon_3_Attack, it only shows one attack. Is the button next to the attacks in the sheet different from the buttions on the attack bar? Is there a way to reference the buttons next to the attacks, or only the attack bar buttons? Also, is there a way of setting the attack mod to a calulation of variables? I'm trying to get flurry of blows to work, which uses monk-lvl+(-2) as a mod for all attacks (I think). Thanks in advance for any help! %selected|repeating_weapon_3_Attack refers to the attack you have created on the 4th(0,1,2,3) row of your repeating weapon attacks. The button bar code is written into the sheet and cannot be changed unless you modify the sheet's html. The repeatable item buttons can be modified using the macro text, but cannot be drag/dropped or referenced using a macro(although the separate non-"total" repeatable attribute items can be). The PF sheets's attack roll template only has attack and attack2. So, you'll have to add another attack by using a line break at the end of your macro text and adding the {{attack=... }} again (the third attack will be outside the roll template), or create another macro for the attacks beyond 2. Maybe Nibrodooh has a better suggestion for multi-attacks beyond 2....? To add a query in your attacks, just add something like + ?{Attack modifier?|0} and or +?{Damage modifier?|0} Hope this helps. Cheers.
Nibrodooh , thanks for the help. I was also wondering if there is a way to set the character for my macros so I don't need to call the name in every variable. for example, my flurry of blows macro now looks like this: %{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_Attack} {{attack2=[[1d20cs&gt;@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_crit-target} + (@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_proficiency} + (((@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_enhance} + @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_masterwork}) + abs(@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_enhance} - @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_masterwork})) / 2) + @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_attack} + @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_attack-type} + @{Abolorak|armor-proficiency}) ]]}} {{damage2=[[@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_damage-dice-num}d@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_damage-die} + (@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_enhance} + @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_damage} + @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_damage-ability})]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[1d20 + (@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_proficiency} + (((@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_enhance} + @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_masterwork}) + abs(@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_enhance} - @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_masterwork})) / 2) + @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_attack} + @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_attack-type} + @{Abolorak|armor-proficiency}) - 5]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[(@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_damage-dice-num} * (@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_damage-die} + ((@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_enhance} + @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_damage} + @{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_damage-ability}) * (@{Abolorak|repeating_weapon_3_crit-multiplier} - 1))]]}} Which results in the following: I feel it would be easier to read without all the calls to my characters name, but I cant get it to work without doing this. I copied your attack2 outside sheet solution without the names, and it said it couldn't find the variables. I hope this is the right place to ask for this kind of help!
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Roll20 adds names automaticly if called from within a character sheet but other then that the only way to forgo them is to use selected or target in their place. The out of sheet solution goes in to to the notes section after the actual notes wich makes the button bar work without the need for an additional macro(as you appear to have made).
Hope for some help. I have created a trait for a character, and using the button next to the trait, and the one in the trait button section both work fine. However, I have created an ability with the following code: %{selected|repeating_trait_0_Display}. When I run the ability, I get the following messages in chat: No ability was found for %{selected|repeating_trait_0_Display} [new line] Anders (GM):selected|repeating_trait_0_Display. What may cause this? I have copied the ability code from the sheet page, and checked it against the button in the trait button section.

Edited 1427732381
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Anders. Did you place the button roll name inside your macro, or just name it %{selected|repeating_trait_0_Display} ? You can name a macro anything, but you have to place the name inside the macro. You can also drag and drop button row macros to your macro quick bar, although you may not like the default name that's given. Do you have your token selected when you run the macro?
I have named the macro Bite, and placed %{selected|repeating_trait_0_Display} inside the larger area that appear when I edit the macro (by pressing the small, grey pen). I check the box for showing a button with the token selected (so I know the token is selected, as it only appears when the token is selected). Have also tried dragging the button to the general hot-bar, and that does not work either. I have created a similar button for the first two attacks of the sheet, and they work without a problem. I have used Jason Ps statblock importer, also, I have the power cards 2 script running as well as the initiative tracker by Manviti.

Edited 1427788415
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Confirmed your our PF sheet problem Anders. I had a look at the button bar code, and it looks like it's a little messed up. Probably a search/replace mishap when editing the sheet. &lt;button type="roll" class="roll_repeating_racial-trait_0_Display btn ui-draggable" title="%{selected|repeating_racial-trait_0_Display}" value="&{template:pf_block} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{repeating_racial-trait_0_name}}} {{description = @{repeating_racial-trait_0_short-description}}}" data-characterid="-JkQ5nF9lyur5gAL4fce"&gt;&lt;/button&gt; Should be something like this &lt;button type="roll" name="roll_repeating_racial-trait_0_Display" title="%{selected|repeating_racial-trait_0_Display}" value="&{template:pf_block} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{repeating_racial-trait_0_name}}} {{description = @{repeating_racial-trait_0_short-description}}}" data-characterid="-JkQ5nF9lyur5gAL4fce" class="btn ui-draggable" &gt;&lt;/button&gt; I checked some of the other button bar sections and they appear to be messed up as well. Attacks and Spells seem to work. I'll check the other sections and report back. We'll need to have a look and correct the sheet. I'm really surprised that the button bar is even working. UPDATE: Button Bars that work(drag/drop works, code is fine, %macro is fine) Attacks and Spells Button Bars that DO NOT work(code is jacked) Class Ability, Feats, Items, Racial Traits, Traits UPDATE #2 What's really strange is that if I compare the PF sheet's community code on Github for the same button, the code is fine, yet when I use inspect element on the sheet's button in-game, the code is jacked up...? Why would there be any difference? Here's the code from in-game using inspect element on class ability 0 &lt;button type="roll" class="roll_repeating_class-ability_0_Display btn ui-draggable" title="%{selected|repeating_class-ability_0_Display}" value="&{template:pf_block} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{Class=**Class**: @{repeating_class-ability_0_class-number}}} {{name=@{repeating_class-ability_0_name}}} {{description = @{repeating_class-ability_0_short-description}}}" data-characterid="-JkQ5nF9lyur5gAL4fce"&gt;&lt;/button&gt; But if I look at the very same button on Github &lt;button type="roll" Class="roll_repeating_class-ability_0_Display" title="%{selected|repeating_class-ability_0_Display}" value="&{template:pf_block} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{Class=**Class**: @{repeating_class-ability_0_class-number}}} {{name=@{repeating_class-ability_0_name}}} {{description = @{repeating_class-ability_0_short-description}}}"&gt;&lt;/button&gt; What's going on?
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
it looks like it is parsing the button class incorrectly, but I do not know if something changed on roll20 or if I broke something in the sheet. I will look into it this evening.
Thanks for looking in to it. Great effort from all of you (both on this and the sheet in general).
Having an odd little issue... perhaps I am doing something wrong. My macros for rolling Knowledge Engineering checks are coming back with an error. The error : No ability was found for %{selected|Knowledge-Engineering-Check} The Macro : %{selected|Knowledge-Engineering-Check} The button I am calling (the one next to the skill on the skill list) works just fine! Only when I call it from a macro does it break. All my other skill macros work great as well. Only Knowledge Engineering is wonky. Any thoughts?
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Joel W. said: Having an odd little issue... perhaps I am doing something wrong. My macros for rolling Knowledge Engineering checks are coming back with an error. The error : No ability was found for %{selected|Knowledge-Engineering-Check} The Macro : %{selected|Knowledge-Engineering-Check} The button I am calling (the one next to the skill on the skill list) works just fine! Only when I call it from a macro does it break. All my other skill macros work great as well. Only Knowledge Engineering is wonky. Any thoughts? You found a bug in the sheet. The button is not correctly defined by its name so in the current version of the sheet it can not be called correctly. I will submit a fix to this tonight but as usual we must wait on the roll20 to approve the update so it will be awhile. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for reporting the issue!
I had the same problem with the diplomacy skill last night. I was trying to make a token macro with %{selected|Diplomacy-Check}
On a different note, my players have reported multiple instances over the last two to three months of their experience trackers, money trackers, and inventory items spontaneously clearing. Is this a known error and, if so, is there an ETA on a fix? It's multiple people (7) in different campaigns using the sheet with about four clears on average for each person, so I'm fairly confident it isn't user error. Are the updates resetting these areas maybe?
To specify: for money and EXP the values get reset to 0 or just cleared entirely. For inventory, the item "name" will stay, but the short and long descriptions get cleared.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
There is no issue with the sheet that would be causing values to clear, and the updates have not changes where the data is stored so that is not the problem. The things I can think to check is if the players are using non-integer values in the exp/money fields(they are numerical fields so they require there values to be numerical), if they are closing the sheet while they still have the text field selected in a repeating section(this occasionally makes roll20 fail to save that repeating section correctly, although this appears to have been fixed with the update of holding),