Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder sheet thread 3: I've run out of titles

Edited 1426386751
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hip, Hip, Hooray! Thanks for all your work Nibrodooh. Hopefully Sam will will have a look and PR to the community. I only noticed two rolls that didn't get the roll template treatment; Spell Fail Chance and Saving Throws. I'm sure you were suffering from the "code-blinded" condition. Again. THANK YOU
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
i fixed them after the point i reverted to >.< i'll fix those right now
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
so i had an idea while adding a template to the spell failure and decided it would be cool to make the check use the critical success/fail mechanic highlight the success or failure of the spell to equivocate the "/r 1d100>@{spell_failure}" part of the old macro. while this all seemed fine and good i ran into an error with [[1d100cs>@{spell-fail}cf<@{spell-fail}]] and i don't understand why. if anyone can explain what is going on so i can try to a find a work around it would be appreciated.

Edited 1426398058
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I believe I ran into this before when I was modding the sheet for powercards. < and > don't work inside inline rolls maybe? Is it because Spell-fail is an auto-calculated attribute? If I substitute "10" for spell-fail, your formula works. [[1d100cs>10cf<10]] So I suspect spell-fail is the issue.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I noticed that the attack bar is throwing "No attribute was found for @{selected|repeating_weapon_0_total-..." I think the button bar needs to use the "total-..." formula in order for it to work.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
I could have sworn that was working. I must have revised to an earlier version then i thought I did. I'm thinking it must be due to the spell-fail auto calculating. i'll see if i can find a work around.
Hello community! ^_^ Sorry I have been Away for a few weeks, without much Energy to work on this, but I got re-inspired when the Update of Holding was released. I am feeling quite a bit overwhelmed right now... up until now I have been using my own custom Pathfinder sheet (which I started when Character Sheets were first implemented) but NOW that I see SAM'S sheet, I realize that it is so superior that I need to use it instead. Is there a link where I can download the current version of the HTML/CSS source for this? I have been to the GitHub site but I can't find THIS sheet, only the old ones. Mostly I want this so that I can see how he did the buttons which show/hide the subsections, that is Awesome and the main reason I need this. Also, I hope to combine this Pathfinder sheet, with the "look" of the Roll Templates for the 5th ed D&D sheet (or something like it). And, as everyone else said, THANK YOU for doing this, it is so much better than mine, makes me wish I hadn't spent all that time on it because now I am going to change it, but it was a Learning Experience nonetheless!

Edited 1426441160
Hey everyone. I'll precurser this with the fact that I am a noob, On the released sheet that one selects through Roll20, the buttons next to each attack work perfectly, but below is what I get when I use the quickbar for attacks. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not functional? No attribute was found for @{Larissa of Greyhawk|repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} No attribute was found for @{Larissa of Greyhawk|repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} No attribute was found for @{Larissa of Greyhawk|repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} Could not determine result type of: [{"type":"M","expr":"(20)"},{"type":"C","text":" + (Larissa of Greyhawk|repeating_weapon_0_proficiency + (((0 + 0) + abs(0 - 0)) / 2) + 1 + ((0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0) + ((floor((12 + 0 + 0 + 0)/2)-5) + floor(1/2) - (floor(abs(0)/2)) - (floor(abs(0)/2))) + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0) + 0)"}]
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sarjenka A said: Hello community! ^_^ Sorry I have been Away for a few weeks, without much Energy to work on this, but I got re-inspired when the Update of Holding was released. I am feeling quite a bit overwhelmed right now... up until now I have been using my own custom Pathfinder sheet (which I started when Character Sheets were first implemented) but NOW that I see SAM'S sheet, I realize that it is so superior that I need to use it instead. Is there a link where I can download the current version of the HTML/CSS source for this? I have been to the GitHub site but I can't find THIS sheet, only the old ones. Mostly I want this so that I can see how he did the buttons which show/hide the subsections, that is Awesome and the main reason I need this. Also, I hope to combine this Pathfinder sheet, with the "look" of the Roll Templates for the 5th ed D&D sheet (or something like it). And, as everyone else said, THANK YOU for doing this, it is so much better than mine, makes me wish I hadn't spent all that time on it because now I am going to change it, but it was a Learning Experience nonetheless! Hi Sarjenka A. The community sheet source is <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros</a> You might want to wait to "mod" the PF sheet since it does not include roll templates yet. Currently, there's a pull request on Sam's fork(awaiting his approval) that has a "Conditions" section for toggling sheet-wide conditions and roll templates.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Christian S. said: Hey everyone. I'll precurser this with the fact that I am a noob, On the released sheet that one selects through Roll20, the buttons next to each attack work perfectly, but below is what I get when I use the quickbar for attacks. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not functional? No attribute was found for @{Larissa of Greyhawk|repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} No attribute was found for @{Larissa of Greyhawk|repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} No attribute was found for @{Larissa of Greyhawk|repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} Could not determine result type of: [{"type":"M","expr":"(20)"},{"type":"C","text":" + (Larissa of Greyhawk|repeating_weapon_0_proficiency + (((0 + 0) + abs(0 - 0)) / 2) + 1 + ((0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0) + ((floor((12 + 0 + 0 + 0)/2)-5) + floor(1/2) - (floor(abs(0)/2)) - (floor(abs(0)/2))) + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0) + 0)"}] Hi Christian. Make sure that you have entered info for each and every attribute of the repeatable section. You have to enter something and/or toggle selections(weapon proficiency, mwk, etc.) in order for an attribute to be created. Try that and post back if you are still throwing errors. Cheers
Oh thank you SO MUCH Vince; it DOES make a lot more sense now! : b
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sweet. Plus, once we get the first version of the PF sheet using roll templates live, it will only get better.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
issues mentioned thus far are fixed(they should be found as an additional commit of the previous pull request) i can't do what i want to with the spell fail as the issue is you can't base the critical success/fail on an equation, but it was only an asthetic change so it is not that important.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Can't wait. Thanks Nibrodooh.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
So I was adding the url fields back in and realised a major issue with adding links to the roll templates: there is no way to make the template auto switch the link off if the field is empty. the roll template can detect if a macro has the requisite property it will become a link, but if the property is empty it will just mess up the formatting. To avoid the questions about why the url field doesn't work(or is required if i did it that way) i am going to refrain from adding them, but may create a separate sheet(that would not be available to select, it would be in a separate repository) that uses them.
Sam
Sheet Author
I'm so excited to use these, how long do we wait until we declare Sam as MIA and have some one else take of the torch?
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
I found a way to get the links to work so that is coming soon. At the same time I discovered that you can edit the button bar roll templates by adding "}}" to the end of the notes(for weapons, similar fields for other macros) and adding {{key=vale}} pairs as desired. so for example you could add sneak attack damage by adding "}} {{Sneak Attack=[[1d6]]}}" to the end of your notes. this also allows you to edit properties already defined by the macro so for example you could stop it from displaying the name of the character by adding "}} {{character_name=}}" to the notes. be careful with this however, as the limitations to repeating sections apply to this as well, so don't try and call an auto calculated value.from a repeating section. I will make a pull request to the main git repository if it is not done my Sam within the month. wonderful thing about the sheets being opensource on git means that people can organically "take up the torch" as required, we just submit to Sam as type of courtesy as he created the sheet so he should have some amount of control. That being said, the sheet is for the community so others will take control in his absence(E.G. I have never talked to Sam about making roll templates, I just did because he said he didn't want to and it felt like a good way to help out)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the update Nibrodooh. I'll have a closer look at the sheet tonight and see if I can break it. :-) I posted an earlier version of the sheet with some of the early roll template work. Pathfinder-Neceros-roll-template Be warned the roll templates have changed considerably, like across the entire sheet thanks to Nibrodooh. But, I thought that Nibrodooh might want to update the latest roll template sheet to it as a "test" version for anyone interested while we wait patiently for Sam to give an official nod...
Hi There I seem to have the following problem using the Attack Repeatable Button with the "Pathfinder" Sheet - When I click the Roll in the Attack Section it works as intended, i have to klick my target and ... results come in - When i click the 0 Button in the Attack Buttons section, i have to klick my target, and nothing happens .. no error no nothing ... When I try the same thin in the spell section it works Additionally I'm a bit confused by Also when I check the template given in GitHub Im a bit surprised to see in the attack formula an armor proficiency value Which github file is the current official sheet Which github file is the current most up to date/bleeding edge sheet
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
the most up to date code is [currently] found here with the code deployed to roll20 being found here . i havnt looked through the code but if remember correctly from when i was working with the attack macros armour proficency(0 or 1) is multiplied by the armour check penalty the added to attack because the ACP of armour is applied to attacks if you are non proficient with it.
Hello, I can't confirm what Mathias was mentioning above. The number buttons aren't working for me as well. Sometimes they give error messages, sometimes they don't, even for the same attack. More worrisome is that, when I click on the Attacks under the Attack section I get something like this: I tried to narrow down the problem, but wasn't successful...For me this happens randomly. Most often with the first Attack after entering the campaign. Adding new Attacks with identical or different values doesn't solve the issue. It also happens when I roll from the NPC section. Since this is happening to me in every campaign I am GMing and in the ones where I'm a player (happens to other players as well), I kinda believe it's more likely something is wrong on the sheet's side than on my end. Someone running into the same/similar issues? I tried testing all the other rolls in the sheet to see where else the problem might occur. I got until the skill section when rolling stopped all together, even /r 1d6 shows no die. I guess there's currently some more updates or maintenance on its way. /K
Strangely enough I had the same thing happen to me. I however, just assumed it was because when selecting a target for the attack roll, I triple or quadrupled clicked in rapid succession.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I would start by double-checking that you are using the latest versions of the roll templates and css. Nibrodooh said: the most up to date code is [currently] found here with the code deployed to roll20 being found here . i havnt looked through the code but if remember correctly from when i was working with the attack macros armour proficency(0 or 1) is multiplied by the armour check penalty the added to attack because the ACP of armour is applied to attacks if you are non proficient with it. Nibrodooh, can you also commit to the roll template folder on the master <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros-roll-template" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros-roll-template</a> ? This might avoid some confusion, plus if Sam isn't replying/responding to his fork, we might as well start updating the main repository and get things tested before adding it to the community sheet. Thoughts?
Vince said: I would start by double-checking that you are using the latest versions of the roll templates and css. Nibrodooh said: the most up to date code is [currently] found here with the code deployed to roll20 being found here . i havnt looked through the code but if remember correctly from when i was working with the attack macros armour proficency(0 or 1) is multiplied by the armour check penalty the added to attack because the ACP of armour is applied to attacks if you are non proficient with it. Actually, I havent been sing the versions of the pathfinder sheet with the roll templates. I have been waiting for an official update for the sheet. So rest assured, it has nothing to do with the roll templates. It might have to do with the attack roll or target function or the 3D dice mechanic but, since I am not using roll templates yet, I feel it is safe to rule them out.
Simon said: Vince said: I would start by double-checking that you are using the latest versions of the roll templates and css. Nibrodooh said: the most up to date code is [currently] found here with the code deployed to roll20 being found here . i havnt looked through the code but if remember correctly from when i was working with the attack macros armour proficency(0 or 1) is multiplied by the armour check penalty the added to attack because the ACP of armour is applied to attacks if you are non proficient with it. Actually, I havent been sing the versions of the pathfinder sheet with the roll templates. I have been waiting for an official update for the sheet. So rest assured, it has nothing to do with the roll templates. It might have to do with the attack roll or target function or the 3D dice mechanic but, since I am not using roll templates yet, I feel it is safe to rule them out. Neither am I using roll templates. It's just the "Pathfinder" sheet you can select under campaign settings. But currently that's my smallest problem. In two out of seven campaigns the Roll20 Dice Roller stopped working, including the Chat. Nothing shows in-game, but when I check the Chat-Log the rolls and my text appears there. I know it got nothing to do with the Pathfinder Sheet, but I can't investigate the issue with the attack rolls any further before I haven't sorted out that issue. I do believe they're unrelated. /K
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Riley just made some changes on 3d dice...
Vince said: Riley just made some changes on 3d dice... That's probably a pretty good explanation for why some of my games stopped working properly. As it looks right now, the ones that had a broken Chat/DiceRoller/Whatever are working again. The problem with the 1001 3D dice for an Attack from the Pathfinder Sheet remains though.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey guys, it looks like this is a bug we did just introduce as a solution to a related bug. We're working on a better overall fix and we'll keep you updated.
Phew seems like I kicked something off... Currently I'm still a normal user, our DM has Supporter Status, so we "only" have the official Sheets @Nibrodooh thanks I will check it out.. @Proficiencies, since the values are in the repeated_ variables, i cannot check them ... - Based on other similar variables that are stored in the attributes, i guessed it will be 0 or 1 - I checked out the pathfinder_necroc* template .. where I found the rolls ... the proficiencies were added which seems kinda strange, multiplication to a modifier would make sense. I did not compare it with the code in the attack macro yet, I should have, because that one is fine. @Buggy Attackroll A bit more detailed Description - Using the not configured Attack Rolls &gt; Attack Button 1 : - - This throws a bunch of error messages like undefined variables, as it should - Using the Macro Roll Button on the left side of Attack Roll 1 Fields: - - requests me to klick on a target - - works as expected when all the fields are initialized. - - The rolls seem to be correct - - Changing the proficient sets the Atk Value from 4 to 0 and back. So its not just an added 0 or 1 - Using the otherwise working Attack 0 through Attack Rolls &gt; Attack Button 0 - - requests me to klick on a target - - at the bottom right i see "rolling" - - nothing shows up in the chat - - repeated using does also not improve the situation - - often (always) the chat is like frozen, no other input like normal macros, or even text shows up in the chat - - the input does show up in the campaign full chat log - - logout/in, cache clear, privacy mode, browser change (never used for roll 20 before), system change does fix this - - after new login the "welcome information" ("use /r d20 to roll a dice, etc.) does not show up - - sending some text or performing a roll is doing something since it is in the full chat log and the "rolling dice .." message is visible - - usually I got out of that state by typing a lot of bullsh** and executing some of my normal/legacy macros (sorry for the spam in the chat) - - after some time i saw the "welcome information" and then everything was back to normal ... until i tried to use the dreaded button again .. I hope this will help a bit ... Btw about something else... we play using the wound and vigor system ... is there any plan to support this or do I have to create a fork and maintain it myself (which also means having 2 mentor accounts, 1 for dev and one for DM).. Thanks
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Update: We've deployed a hotfix for the gazillion dice roll bug. Let us know if you see it again.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mathias K. said: Phew seems like I kicked something off... Currently I'm still a normal user, our DM has Supporter Status, so we "only" have the official Sheets @Nibrodooh thanks I will check it out.. @Proficiencies, since the values are in the repeated_ variables, i cannot check them ... - Based on other similar variables that are stored in the attributes, i guessed it will be 0 or 1 - I checked out the pathfinder_necroc* template .. where I found the rolls ... the proficiencies were added which seems kinda strange, multiplication to a modifier would make sense. I did not compare it with the code in the attack macro yet, I should have, because that one is fine. @Buggy Attackroll A bit more detailed Description - Using the not configured Attack Rolls &gt; Attack Button 1 : - - This throws a bunch of error messages like undefined variables, as it should - Using the Macro Roll Button on the left side of Attack Roll 1 Fields: - - requests me to klick on a target - - works as expected when all the fields are initialized. - - The rolls seem to be correct - - Changing the proficient sets the Atk Value from 4 to 0 and back. So its not just an added 0 or 1 - Using the otherwise working Attack 0 through Attack Rolls &gt; Attack Button 0 - - requests me to klick on a target - - at the bottom right i see "rolling" - - nothing shows up in the chat - - repeated using does also not improve the situation - - often (always) the chat is like frozen, no other input like normal macros, or even text shows up in the chat - - the input does show up in the campaign full chat log - - logout/in, cache clear, privacy mode, browser change (never used for roll 20 before), system change does fix this - - after new login the "welcome information" ("use /r d20 to roll a dice, etc.) does not show up - - sending some text or performing a roll is doing something since it is in the full chat log and the "rolling dice .." message is visible - - usually I got out of that state by typing a lot of bullsh** and executing some of my normal/legacy macros (sorry for the spam in the chat) - - after some time i saw the "welcome information" and then everything was back to normal ... until i tried to use the dreaded button again .. I hope this will help a bit ... Btw about something else... we play using the wound and vigor system ... is there any plan to support this or do I have to create a fork and maintain it myself (which also means having 2 mentor accounts, 1 for dev and one for DM).. Thanks Hi Mathias. What browser are you using, Chrome or Firefox? Is this something that just started happening? Double-check that you have entered something and toggled something for every field in the repeatable section. Also, do you still experience the "lag" in chat with 3d dice disabled?
Sam
Sheet Author
Looking at the conditions section it seems like a couple are missing like paralyzed and confusion.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Samuel T. said: Looking at the conditions section it seems like a couple are missing like paralyzed and confusion. The Conditions were something Sam was "working" on. Some conditions might not relate to the sheet directly. Confusion only has a random "behavior", not sure how that would affect the sheet. Paralyzed condition could be added and have it reduce Dex and Str to 0, but the character is also Helpless so there's not much need for a sheet at that point. :-) Any other conditions that would work?
Sam
Sheet Author
do the conditions actually affect the sheet? that's really cool.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Real cool. How about some buffs? Bull Strength, Enlarge Person, Rage... Lot's of potential.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I have a few questions about the attack roll template. What's the best way to make multiple attacks using roll templates? Usually I have the players make a separate attack roll for each attack. I use a query in my macros asking for attack and/or damage modifiers so that the attack can be adjusted for multi-attack BAB's (-5) and/or conditional/situational modifiers. Any thoughts on adding a query to the attack roll templates? The sheet currently only supports a single BAB(@{class- X -bab}). Any benefit to having additional BAB attributes on the sheet, such as @{class-0-bab1}, @{class-0-bab2} available for multi-attacks?

Edited 1426745744
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
The current way to do multiple attacks is to use attack and attack2 in a macro(and the associated other properties with the 2 suufix) but the limit of two is only until I can determine how many the template should acomedate. Too many and the sheet gets bloated, too few and people have to make more and more rolls for a single attack. Having multiple babs is not a good idea in my opinion, as while in most cases each additional attack is at -5, there are a number of cases where a different modifier is required. I do not like the idea of queries, as they are not user friendly in my opinion, just as i found the target system to be more trouble then it is worth on a public sheet. I have thought about including a full attack template on the sheet that could auto roll up to six attacks with a querry for each attack that would toggle it on or off, but the logistics of it were a nightmare and I decided against it. the concept of a macro over 6 times the length of the basic attack was a nightmare, not even getting into the problem of how you could work in different bonuses to each attack. the best way to deal with conditional modifiers is to add them into attack modifiers before rolling, or simply adding/subtracting them after the fact. for those wondering what the they need to add to do for a seccond attack in the short term you can add the following to your attack macro to get a second attack(with 5 subtracted from the BAB). {{attack2=[[1d20cs&gt;@{crit-target} + @{total-attack} - 5]]}} {{damage2=[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + @{total-damage}]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[1d20 + @{total-attack} - 5]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[(@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{damage-die} + (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))]]}} or if you want to be able to roll it from outside the sheet(macro bar) you can add the folowing to your notes after what ever you want to be in the notes. you will have to replace "repeating_weapon_0_" with the appropriate number. }} {{attack2=[[1d20cs&gt;@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-target} + (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) - 5]]}} {{damage2=[[@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability})]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[1d20 + (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) - 5]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[(@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num} * (@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + ((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) * (@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} - 1))]]}} There is probobly a better way to do this, but the sheet is still a work in progress, and this is the work around i currently have. Sorry for the wall of text everbody.
@Vice By default Chrome, for testing purposes I also have firefox; yes all my software is up to date; and no my addons do not interfere, verified that using the incognito/privacy mode where I have the addons disabled. I could reproduce the issue on Windows and Mac, did not check it on ChromeOS and Android yet. I do not use 3D dice; yes I toggled all the fields, every one of them has a defined value, unused fields have a 0 or a - The problems are also definitely not related to network issues etc. I hope with this I now could tick off the default "call center" checklist questions :) We just started using character sheets and it only happens with the rolls in the Char sheets, the "normal" macros and attributes that I worte myself work as before @conditions Buffs would be a very cool thing, but be aware that this will blow up your complexity very much very fast, I once considered it in my DD3.5 excel character sheets. The problem is that then bonus needs at least the following information [name, value, type, stacks=0/1] to correctly handle it. And depending on how can you implement it you either have to add a list of modified values (meaning you would have to be able to query like get mods where moded=AC and stacks=1) or all the formulas that are affected by this mod have to know about it which is long term a pita to maintain. @Nibroodoh In the post just above you exactly have the case i mentioned (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) Why is there the weapon and armor proficiency added in the formula, which are to my understanding boolean variables, also the attack-type does not make much sense to me.... The section ((enh+mw)+abs(enh-mw))/2 correctly calculates the weap atk mod, and then add an attack mod, which I assume is a field for non enhancement mods like power attack etc @Wound/Vigor Any Plans?
Steve K. said: Update: We've deployed a hotfix for the gazillion dice roll bug. Let us know if you see it again. The hotfix seemed to resolved the issue for me, thanks! If anyone encounters the "frozen chat", that seems to come along with the multi-roll problem, I recommend to fix it like Mathias suggested: Just post a bunch of junk in the chat, it'll eventually unfreeze and from then on the attack-rolls should work as intended. Worked for me. Thanks for the quick help! /K
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
ok here is a break down of the values/calculations @{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} is a selection of true=0 or false=-4 @{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} is the enhancment input on the sheet @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork} is the masterwork toggle, eiter 0 or 1 @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} is the attack input on the sheet @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} is the selection of ranged or mele attack using the calculated value from elsewhere on the sheet @{armor-proficiency} is a selection between 0 or your armour check penlty(multiplied by a bollean representing the equipped toggle) the equation (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) calculates the corect enchancment/mw bonus wich leaves us with an equation of weapon porficiency penalty + weapon propeties + misc modifiers + attack bonus + armour check penalty I hope that clears things up a bit. as far as wounds/vigor goes I do not have plans currently as i am not familiar enough with the rules(i do not play with them) but i will read up on them and see about trying them/making something for them. if someone wants to try there hand at it feel free, as there are several things i want to implement before i will be working on them. on the discussion of conditions i have looked into the implementing them and short of adding a [whatever stat]_mod to all of the stats on the sheet that leads to an equation referencing the relevent conditions i have not found a way to easily expand the list of conditions. if that work was done adding new conditions should be fairly straightforward, but it would make any conditions that do more then add or subtract to a stat pretty annoying(such as conditions that just make the stat 0) and thus i don't want to invest the ammount of time required untill i think of something better
@freezing Rolls Awesome it seems to be fixed. Thanks devs Still the Attack Buttons &gt; Attack 0 Button does not work but I will not put any effort into it for the moment since a template update (pull request) is pending which probably includes even more stuff :) @Nibrodooh Awesome breakdown, thanks.. I think the weapon formula should be clear to me ... for now :) Wound Vigor: Thanks, I expected that answer. The main differences are for calculation Primer: Essentially you have two stats instead of one - Vigor: is more or less the HP equivalent, it is a bit like bruising, it completely refreshes upon rest - Wound: is kinda different, these are deep/serious wounds, it heals very slowly First you beat down the Vigor then the Wounds, but there are effects that directly cause Wound dmg like crits, If you drop below 50% Wound points you are severely limited in your actions and cause you to bleed out. This allows a slightly different gameplay, it is possible for a caster to take maybe a hit or two, or usually not very commited monsters/npcs might want to escape after they take wound dmg which can already be after the first hit if it is a crit. At low levels it might also a bit annoying because a goblin has 10 Vigor and 24 Wound points instead of 6 hp ... The calculation is actually fairly simple - Vigor = lvl * HD + FC Bonus + temp HP, I currently simply abuse the HP fields for it -&gt; thats why I would like to see a HD field as part of the class and not just flat HP - Wound = 2 * Con (+ lvl, if you have toughness) Probably total=base+feat+misc ./agree conditions and spells .. don't go there unless you have a well thought out modular solution/framework ... with a generic/modular approach you would be able to also include the current conditions and also proficiency modifiers since it is nothing else than yet another condition (not proficient) ... for the time being ... I found it much better to have misc modifier and override fields, it's stupid but works, simple enough to implement and offers generally enough flexibility the moment you have the generic modulare framework... you should be able to pretty easily add new conditions/buffs/debuffs .. best it would even have a repeatable section where they could come up with their own stuff :D ... okay ... ideas and visions are not lacking :p
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It Lives! Glad to see the Pathfinder thread up and running again. Thanks for the explanations Nibrodooh. I might disagree with the value of using a query for attack though... :-P
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
I agree they have value, and use them in my personalized version of the sheet, but in this case simplicity should come first to align with the guidelines for public sheets. On the note of this thread being active again, it always did seem odd to me that the pathfinder sheet threads lacked activity considering it is one of the most popular games on Roll20
Yet another confirmation of one of our players ... Chat got bugged, spamming text and macros of the kind "do some shit" "/d20+XX" helped to get out It is not clear whether the player got bugged before the hotfix of Steve K. Currently I did tell our group that they should regard the current state of the Community "Pathfinder" Character sheet as EXPERIMENTAL use at our own risk. Players Waiting ... Please update ... :D
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Setsuka said: Yet another confirmation of one of our players ... Chat got bugged, spamming text and macros of the kind "do some shit" "/d20+XX" helped to get out It is not clear whether the player got bugged before the hotfix of Steve K. Currently I did tell our group that they should regard the current state of the Community "Pathfinder" Character sheet as EXPERIMENTAL use at our own risk. Players Waiting ... Please update ... :D Only the roll template/conditions version of the sheet is "experimental/beta". The community sheet has been the same version without out change since September 2014 I believe. I might suggest submitting a bug report. I know... however, the bug forum is the best place to get the attention of the Devs to determine if this is a local or system issue. Since the sheet hasn't changed (not yet) and I'm not sure how many other users are having the same problems you've mentioned, it may be something on your side of things.
If it's not too late to humbly request features for the roll templates...... * The option to choose different colors for the header / name= bar has proven to be a very nice touch in the 5e sheet. I would love to have that option available. * Smaller font sub-text as a second line of the header. Again referring to 5e, it's been a great place to put things like a Weapons reach and damage type, a spells range and area, or generic text * Lastly, a number of defined CustomProperty1=CustomValue1 through 10 to be defined and styled for custom macros. 5e for example we can create custom macros but have to 'fake it' by using weapon, skill, and spell classes to get the formatting even if it's not that kind of roll. If I had any facility with CSS (sorry, havn't touched it since late 90s) I'd absolutely offer to contribute.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Mark G. said: If it's not too late to humbly request features for the roll templates...... * The option to choose different colors for the header / name= bar has proven to be a very nice touch in the 5e sheet. I would love to have that option available. * Smaller font sub-text as a second line of the header. Again referring to 5e, it's been a great place to put things like a Weapons reach and damage type, a spells range and area, or generic text * Lastly, a number of defined CustomProperty1=CustomValue1 through 10 to be defined and styled for custom macros. 5e for example we can create custom macros but have to 'fake it' by using weapon, skill, and spell classes to get the formatting even if it's not that kind of roll. If I had any facility with CSS (sorry, havn't touched it since late 90s) I'd absolutely offer to contribute. We decided on black because it matches the sheet, the DND sheet has colour so coloured rolls are the logical choice. That said i'll look to see if some form of colour swapping is viable. The small text is something i personally don't see the need for but if people want it we can add it. The templates all support custom properties already, and if you want a fully custom macro use pf_generic or pf_block. if you meant something else by that, please explain further as I do not understand what you are requesting.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
I have opted to start submitting code directly to the main repository. so there is a pull request there for my latest updates to the sheet, or you can check my repository here
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nibrodooh said: I have opted to start submitting code directly to the main repository. so there is a pull request there for my latest updates to the sheet, or you can check my repository here Thanks Nibrodooh. Is the plan to keep the roll template version separate from the community sheet for now, and merge into the community sheet, when?
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
I am going to leave it there until it gets pulled, and then put in a pull request to merge it with the main sheet. I think that is sufficient time for a beta, although it is dependent on how active the devs are at accepting pull requests.