Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Post Your Macros Here!

Edited 1428734685
Hiya everyone! I've been DMing on Roll20 for a few months now, and playing even longer than that. Along my way though, I ran into and made tons of useful and time-saving macros, and I wanted to share them with ya! If you have any or made some from your own campaigns, post them below! It doesn't matter which game, just be sure to mention which one with your post. DnD 5E ------------------------------ groupPerception /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Group Perception}} {{Player A=[[1d20]]}} {{Player B=[[1d20]]}} {{Player C=[[1d20]]}} {{Player D=[[1d20]]}} {{Player E=[[1d20]]}} initiativeGM (GM) /w gm Initiative: [[1d20 + ?{Initiative|0}]] &{tracker} initiativeP (Player) /me rolls for Initiative! [[1d20 + ?{Initiative|0}]] &{tracker} roll[Number] (GM) /gmroll ?{d4|1}d4+?{Modifier|0} /gmroll ?{d6|1}d6+?{Modifier|0} /gmroll ?{d8|1}d8+?{Modifier|0} /gmroll ?{d10|1}d10+?{Modifier|0} /gmroll ?{d12|1}d12+?{Modifier|0} /gmroll ?{d20|1}d20+?{Modifier|0} /gmroll ?{d100|1}d100+?{Modifier|0} Image [Image](?{Image URL| <a href="http://i.imgur.com/9DR2apr.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/9DR2apr.jpg</a> }) fx[Name] /fx burn /fx fireball /fx fire /fx dragonbreath damage /emas @{target|Target|character_name} takes [[?{Damage|0}]] ?{Type|Piercing} damage! saveThrow /emas @{target|Saving Throw|character_name} attempts a ?{Attribute|DEX} saving throw! [[1d20+?{Modifier|0}]] rollTreasure (5E DM's Guide, Green boxed 1 = Magic Item, Red Boxed 0 = Cursed Item, can be modified to adjust rarity of items) /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Loot Table}} {{Magic Item=[[1d12cs&gt;11&gt;11]]}} {{Table A - H=[[1d100]]}} {{Magic Item ID=[[1d100]]}} infoHP /emas @{target|Target|character_name} has [[@{selected|HP}]] out of [[@{selected|HP|max}]] HP.

Edited 1427105402
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Benson, i love it when people share macros, makes it so much easier for new people to get to grips with the way roll20 can handle those fiddly bits of the games :) It was pointed out to me that the best place to share and get them noticed was the wiki page, take a look at the 5e specific one and see if your work can enhance that page at all... that's what i did with 3.5 =D
I have my collection over at <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros_-_Pathfinder_Exampl" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros_-_Pathfinder_Exampl</a>...
------------------------------ groupPerception /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Group Perception}} {{Player A=[[1d20]]}} {{Player B=[[1d20]]}} {{Player C=[[1d20]]}} {{Player D=[[1d20]]}} {{Player E=[[1d20]]}} rollTreasure (5E DM's Guide, Green boxed 1 = Magic Item, Red Boxed 0 = Cursed Item, can be modified to adjust rarity of items) /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Loot Table}} {{Magic Item=[[1d12cs&gt;11&gt;11]]}} {{Table A - H=[[1d100]]}} {{Magic Item ID=[[1d100]] }} Can you /w gm using the roll templates?
@Gozer Yes you can! You can even /em them, that doesn't do anything special, just changes the background, but it works.
Gold
Forum Champion
Benson Y. said: Image [Image](?{Image URL| <a href="http://i.imgur.com/9DR2apr.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/9DR2apr.jpg</a> }) Benson, this is awesome! Good thinking on that macro to put an Image in the Chat. I tweaked it a bit, and here's my version of the same: /me describes it so you can imagine this, ?{What is it a picture of? Write a concise caption:|Picture of } [Image](?{Image URL ending with JPG, GIF, or PNG|<a href="https://app.roll20.net/images/quantumroll2.png" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/images/quantumroll2.png</a>})
Ziechael said: It was pointed out to me that the best place to share and get them noticed was the wiki page, ... I have some macros that I'm using with my AD&D 1e/OSRIC campaign. I see a wiki page for OSR, but not specifically for OSRIC or AD&D 1e. Would the best place to post be on the OSR page? And...how do I add a section for macros to the wiki page? I see that I can edit sections of the page, but I think that it would be better to have a separate section on the OSR page, like "Useful Macros," or something like that.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not too clear on the wiki structure in general but to add new section in OSR that relates to variations of it just edit a higher up level of the page and insert your section where you would see it being of the best benefit. If still unsure about how to affect the wiki layout there is a really helpful 'help' section while in edit mode that you can use to ensure you put headings where headings are required etc. Apologies to anyone more wiki knowledgable than I if i'm wrong...

Edited 1427591712
Gold
Forum Champion
If you want your Players to have a quick Macro button with pop-up dialog boxes for posting a web URL (hyperlink) into the chat... /me Posting a web link... [?{What is it a link to? Write a concise name for the link:|Website Name }](?{Paste Web URL here| <a href="http://roll20.net" rel="nofollow">http://roll20.net</a>} )
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Gozer the Gozerian said: Ziechael said: It was pointed out to me that the best place to share and get them noticed was the wiki page, ... I have some macros that I'm using with my AD&D 1e/OSRIC campaign. I see a wiki page for OSR, but not specifically for OSRIC or AD&D 1e. Would the best place to post be on the OSR page? And...how do I add a section for macros to the wiki page? I see that I can edit sections of the page, but I think that it would be better to have a separate section on the OSR page, like "Useful Macros," or something like that. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/OSR#Useful_Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/OSR#Useful_Macros</a> Just start adding some macros using the "Edit" feature at the top of the page Gozer. The wiki is for the benefit of all. Please add to it and improve whereever you can.

Edited 1428735074
I came up with a new list of new macros, starting from my favorite to the more mundane stuff. xP TTMS /talktomyself My absolute most favorite macro by far, not only because it's incredibly useful, but so simple as well! It's bascially a togglable echo button for testing macros and commands, as well as possibly doing quick GM rolls using other macros that use the /r syntax instead of /gmroll or /w gm [[inline roll]]. This also works for character sheets too, I believe, but that may have to be tested. xP calc /w gm **=** [[?{Calculator}]] Also a great favorite due to simplicity and usefulness. Too much of a hassle to pull out the calculator or type "/g-m-r-o-l-l *space* etc etc..."? Make a macro for it! Now ya just need to press a button and type in your numbers, like, 45+37, and quickly get the result. Remember, you can do dice rolls as well! So you can type in 4d6+3d4+5 and you'll get the result! combat /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Combat}} {{Attack=[[1d20]] | [[1d20]]}} {{Damage=[[?{Damage}]] ?{Type|Piercing}}} This one's a bit more work, but just marginally. Want to do an attack roll? Click the button, input your damage, such as 3d6+3, and then the type. It's then conveniently spat out in a whisper to yourself listing adv. and disadv. as well as the damage and the type. I didn't add modifiers to attack, simply because DMs can easily memorize a single attack modifier, and can just as easily add that number to the result they roll. For more speed, you can delete the last prompt, ?{Type|Piercing} . UPDATE: Revamped roll macros (d4, d8, d10, d12, d20, d100) /w gm **d4:** [[d4]] /w gm **d6:** [[1d6]] /w gm **d8:** [[1d8]] /w gm **d10:** [[1d10]] /w gm **d12:** [[1d12]] /w gm **d20:** [[1d20]] | [[1d20]] /w gm **d100:** [[1d100]] This change is the same reason I did above for the combat. Modifiers can be added easily in the DMs head, which saves precious seconds that really add up than filling out a ton of modifiers. If you'd like to roll more than once, just spam the button, or alternatively, use the calc macro.

Edited 1428734795
Ziechael said: Hi Benson, i love it when people share macros, makes it so much easier for new people to get to grips with the way roll20 can handle those fiddly bits of the games :) It was pointed out to me that the best place to share and get them noticed was the wiki page, take a look at the 5e specific one and see if your work can enhance that page at all... that's what i did with 3.5 =D Awesome, no problem man! ^.^ Macros are super fun to play around with and utilize in-game, especially when all your friends begin asking how to do them and learn along with me. xP Ooooh~ I didn't realize the wiki was up to edit, I'll be sure to hop right on it! Thanks! Gold said: Benson Y. said: Image [Image](?{Image URL| <a href="http://i.imgur.com/9DR2apr.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/9DR2apr.jpg</a> }) Benson, this is awesome! Good thinking on that macro to put an Image in the Chat. Thanks Gold! I really wanted to utilize and play around with all the new commands we got from the update, and that was just one of the ideas that came up. Glad ya like it! That's not a bad edit actually, that's pretty cool. xD Inspired by your idea, I recreated mine slightly... image /desc ?{Caption| } /desc [Image](?{Image URL|<a href="http://i.imgur.com/9DR2apr.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/9DR2apr.jpg</a>})
A couple of these could use a facelift, but these are some that I use regularly: Communications Macros Desc a quick way to put a Description, prints in bold centered text in the chat, just type when the prompt pops up, or just hit enter to send: Time Passes /desc ?{What|Time Passes} Em(as) have any token with a name shout something in the chat. Just type in the prompt. Click on a token, click on the macro and it appears in chat as: Frau Blücher speaks: Release the Kraken! /emas @{selected|token_name} speaks: ?{"what?"|eh?}i wGM allows players to communicate with the GM with the press of a button, they just type whatever they want and only you and the character know about it. /w GM ?{Briefly"| Nevermind.} @{selected|token_name} wCH any person with a character sheet can whisper to any token, the controlling player only receives the whisper. by using a click they target the whisper. Notifies all that something was said, but not what was said. @{selected|token_name} speaks low. /w @{target|token_name} ?{"What"|um} /w[language] For every specific language in your game, elvish/klingon/whatever, make a character sheet and give control of that sheet to all players who understand that language. Give the macro to all of those who can speak it. Click character token, click macro, enter text, all who understand the language, others just get the babble line. /w Elvish ?{Say Something|"blah,blah"} /em @{selected|token_name} is babbling in Elvish All of these can be used with 'canned text' If a NPC has a canned speach, like directions to the tax office or the dragon's lair. Or a long scene setter that you want to get exactly right. The air is chill and sharp, a light breeze blows from the east, where the town lies sleeping, only the bakers building their fires when you left your bed and climbed the hill toward the ruins. You smell a papery smoke mixing with the smell of pines, when suddenly looming in the darkness its form only visible by the lack of light. Far off to the north a shooting star streaks through the inky blackness. Blind Roll Several of my macros use the Blind Roll Script. This script generates a roll to the GM without giving the information to the player. Depending on your system this is very good for skill checks and similar situations. If you do not use the API, you can either substitute /gmroll for !broll or remove the roll and substitute a request for the GM to make the roll. This is a link to the script. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/430878/hide-player-dice-roll-from-the-player#post-432137" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/430878/hide-player-dice-roll-from-the-player#post-432137</a> /w GM Picks Pockets ?{Who?|"-"} 45 % [the player selects the macro, a prompt asks for the target] !broll 1D100&lt;45 [the script is called to roll the dice and report only to the GM] Two other ways to do this are: /w GM Picks Pockets ?{Who?|"-"} 45 % /gmroll 1D100&lt;45 [This one allows player to see results] or: /w GM Picks Pockets ?{Who?|"-"} 45 % the Gm would then use: /gmroll 1D100 or /w GM [[1D100]] to get the results. You can mess around with the syntax to make it do almost anything, these are best done as token macros for individual characters.
Here is something I worked on for a while. It's for calculating XP for 5e D&D . This is a macro for an 8 creature encounter, for less creatures make a new macro and edit out the extras. So, I have 8 of these now, but they are extremely useful. Calculating xp... /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{save=1}} {{title=XP Calc}}{{subheader=8 Enemies}} {{XP award=[[@{target|creature1 of 8|npc_xp}+@{target|creature2|npc_xp}+@{target|creature3|npc_xp}+@{target|creature4|npc_xp}+@{target|creature5|npc_xp}+@{target|creature6|npc_xp}+@{target|creature7|npc_xp}+@{target|creature8|npc_xp}]]}} {{Enemy 1= **@{target|creature1 of 8|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 2= **@{target|creature2|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 3= **@{target|creature3|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 4= **@{target|creature4|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 5= **@{target|creature5|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 6= **@{target|creature6|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 7= **@{target|creature7|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 8= **@{target|creature8|token_name}**}} {{# of PCs= [[?{Number of Characters|5}]]}} {{XP each= [[floor((@{target|creature1 of 8|npc_xp}+@{target|creature2|npc_xp}+@{target|creature3|npc_xp}+@{target|creature4|npc_xp}+@{target|creature5|npc_xp}+@{target|creature6|npc_xp}+@{target|creature7|npc_xp}+@{target|creature8|npc_xp})/(?{Number of Characters|5}))]]}} {{Multiplier= 2.5}} {{*Difficulty*= [[floor((@{target|creature1 of 8|npc_xp}+@{target|creature2|npc_xp}+@{target|creature3|npc_xp}+@{target|creature4|npc_xp}+@{target|creature5|npc_xp}+@{target|creature6|npc_xp}+@{target|creature7|npc_xp}+@{target|creature8|npc_xp})/(?{Number of Characters|5}))*2.5]] xp value}} {{Challenge=**Per Lvl 5 Character**}} {{easy=250}} {{medium=500}} {{hard=750}} {{deadly=1100}} {{Mob= 11-14: Multiplier=**x3**}} {{Horde= 15 or more: Multiplier=**x4**}} @{PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill} The reference parts at the bottom are a set number for 5th level characters, so you will need to adjust those as your party levels. I could't figure a standard formula for those.
Just made up a quick macro for speeding up rolling for core stats, super useful for people who run a lot of one-shots and have constant people joining their games. ^.^ rollCoreStats (For Default template) &{template:default} {{name=?{Character Name}}} {{Attribute 1=[[4d6d1]]}} {{Attribute 2=[[4d6d1]]}} {{Attribute 3=[[4d6d1]]}} {{Attribute 4=[[4d6d1]]}} {{Attribute 5=[[4d6d1]]}} {{Attribute 6=[[4d6d1]]}} rollCoreStats5E (For 5E template) &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=?{Character Name}}} {{subheader=Strength • Dexterity • Constitution • Intelligence • Wisdom • Charisma}}} {{rollname=Attributes}} {{roll=[[4d6d1]] | [[4d6d1]] | [[4d6d1]] | [[4d6d1]] | [[4d6d1]] | [[4d6d1]]}}

Edited 1428903100
Found another cool thing! I'm not a mentor myself, but if you type /desc followed by a command button, it centers it pretty nicely in the center of the chat, and looks quite nice. I can imagine some cool puzzles being made with the command buttons, like disabling a bomb, or trying some sleight of hand to disable a trap, or a reaction speed contest between two players or avoid a hazard. I wish I was a mentor. xP cmdButton /desc [?{Name|Attack}](?{API Script|!attackroll})

Edited 1428935048
Alicia
Sheet Author
Benson Y. said: Just made up a quick macro for speeding up rolling for core stats, super useful for people who run a lot of one-shots and have constant people joining their games. ^.^ rollCoreStats (For Default template) &{template:default} {{name=?{Character Name}}} {{Attribute 1=[[4d6d1]]}} {{Attribute 2=[[4d6d1]]}} {{Attribute 3=[[4d6d1]]}} {{Attribute 4=[[4d6d1]]}} {{Attribute 5=[[4d6d1]]}} {{Attribute 6=[[4d6d1]]}} My groups always rerolled 1s keeping highest three. If you want the ability to keep rolling any 1s change 'ro' to 'r', otherwise it will only reroll each of the 4d6 rolled a 1 once. &{template:default} {{name=?{Character Name}}} {{Attribute 1=[[4d6ro1k3]]}} {{Attribute 2=[[4d6ro1k3]]}} {{Attribute 3=[[4d6ro1k3]]}} {{Attribute 4=[[4d6ro1k3]]}} {{Attribute 5=[[4d6ro1k3]]}} {{Attribute 6=[[4d6ro1k3]]}}
Awesome, thanks Alicia! That's a much better hefty boost to the stats than before. I actually rolled the template and got a 5 on an Attribute once, oopes. xD Or possibly give the chance to everyone to roll twice and take either table.
Alicia
Sheet Author
Benson Y. said: Awesome, thanks Alicia! That's a much better hefty boost to the stats than before. I actually rolled the template and got a 5 on an Attribute once, oopes. xD Or possibly give the chance to everyone to roll twice and take either table. Heh, The lowest you should get with the one I suggested is a 6 vs 3 with yours without the rerolls.. Though I've rarely seen anything lower than a 10. Would take an exceedingly bad roll to get a 6.
Built up a new macro, cathering to any of you 5E GMs out there! This can be adapted and adjusted slightly for other systems too, wouldn't be too hard. info /w gm &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{AC=[[@{selected|AC}]]}} {{HP=[[@{selected|HP}]] / [[@{selected|HP|max}]]}} {{Initiative=[[@{selected|initiative_overall}]]}} {{Speed=[[@{selected|speed}]]}} {{Wealth=[[@{selected|money_total_gp}]] **gp**}} {{P. Perception=[[@{selected|passive_perception}]]}} {{Melee Weapon=*@{selected|meleeweaponname1}*}} {{Range Weapon=*@{selected|rangedweaponname1}*}} Displays a table to the GM containing a character's basic information, including AC, HP, Initiative modifier, Speed, Wealth, Passive Perception, and primary Melee and Range weapon. Ed S. said: Here is something I worked on for a while. It's for calculating XP for 5e D&D . This is a macro for an 8 creature encounter, for less creatures make a new macro and edit out the extras. So, I have 8 of these now, but they are extremely useful. Hey Ed, how did ya get your custom labels to display? I tried doing that before with the 5E template, but it never appeared. x.x I could only get it to work with the premade labels like Result. Ex. &{template:5eDefault} {{save=1}} {{title=[Insert Title]}}{{subheader=[Insert Subheader]}} {{Label 1=[[4d6]]}}
Benson Y. said: Hey Ed, how did ya get your custom labels to display? I tried doing that before with the 5E template, but it never appeared. x.x I could only get it to work with the premade labels like Result. Ex. &{template:5eDefault} {{save=1}} {{title=[Insert Title]}}{{subheader=[Insert Subheader]}} {{Label 1=[[4d6]]}} You need to add a terminator like @{selected|classactioncustom1skill} at the end of the template. That allows the template the ability to use custom tags and it will output anything you put int there. Enjoy!
Ed S. said: Here is something I worked on for a while. It's for calculating XP for 5e D&D . This is a macro for an 8 creature encounter, for less creatures make a new macro and edit out the extras. So, I have 8 of these now, but they are extremely useful. Calculating xp... /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{save=1}} {{title=XP Calc}}{{subheader=8 Enemies}} {{XP award=[[@{target|creature1 of 8|npc_xp}+@{target|creature2|npc_xp}+@{target|creature3|npc_xp}+@{target|creature4|npc_xp}+@{target|creature5|npc_xp}+@{target|creature6|npc_xp}+@{target|creature7|npc_xp}+@{target|creature8|npc_xp}]]}} {{Enemy 1= **@{target|creature1 of 8|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 2= **@{target|creature2|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 3= **@{target|creature3|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 4= **@{target|creature4|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 5= **@{target|creature5|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 6= **@{target|creature6|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 7= **@{target|creature7|token_name}**}} {{Enemy 8= **@{target|creature8|token_name}**}} {{# of PCs= [[?{Number of Characters|5}]]}} {{XP each= [[floor((@{target|creature1 of 8|npc_xp}+@{target|creature2|npc_xp}+@{target|creature3|npc_xp}+@{target|creature4|npc_xp}+@{target|creature5|npc_xp}+@{target|creature6|npc_xp}+@{target|creature7|npc_xp}+@{target|creature8|npc_xp})/(?{Number of Characters|5}))]]}} {{Multiplier= 2.5}} {{*Difficulty*= [[floor((@{target|creature1 of 8|npc_xp}+@{target|creature2|npc_xp}+@{target|creature3|npc_xp}+@{target|creature4|npc_xp}+@{target|creature5|npc_xp}+@{target|creature6|npc_xp}+@{target|creature7|npc_xp}+@{target|creature8|npc_xp})/(?{Number of Characters|5}))*2.5]] xp value}} {{Challenge=**Per Lvl 5 Character**}} {{easy=250}} {{medium=500}} {{hard=750}} {{deadly=1100}} {{Mob= 11-14: Multiplier=**x3**}} {{Horde= 15 or more: Multiplier=**x4**}} @{PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill} The reference parts at the bottom are a set number for 5th level characters, so you will need to adjust those as your party levels. I could't figure a standard formula for those. Thanks for sharing Ed, Don't understand the last line @{PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill} I was getting just a Until I created this character that is all i was getting, just wondering what the purpose is.
@{PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill} allows you to use your own properties and values {{blahblah=somethingsomething }} otherwise you're locked into what the template is expecting to see.

Edited 1429044352
"PC Macros" is a name of a character sheet I have (that has all my PC macros), it might be best to replace it with a character sheet that is active in your campaign.
Ed S. said: You need to add a terminator like @{selected|classactioncustom1skill} at the end of the template. That allows the template the ability to use custom tags and it will output anything you put int there. Enjoy! Awesome, thanks Ed! Also, thanks everyone else who contributed a macro or explanations or links to this thread! I'm working on transferring these over to the Useful Macros page over at the Roll20 wikia, to share these with more people. It's still a work-in-progress, and I intend to alphabetize all this later, but here's the current work! I'd love any and all comments or additions to it. ^.^
Benson Y. said: Found another cool thing! I'm not a mentor myself, but if you type /desc followed by a command button, it centers it pretty nicely in the center of the chat, and looks quite nice. I can imagine some cool puzzles being made with the command buttons, like disabling a bomb, or trying some sleight of hand to disable a trap, or a reaction speed contest between two players or avoid a hazard. I wish I was a mentor. xP cmdButton /desc [?{Name|Attack}](?{API Script|!attackroll}) I'm trying to do the following, a combination of 2 macros: /desc [Roll for Initiative!](/me rolls for Initiative! [[1d20+?{Initiative|3} &{tracker}]]) but when you click on the link it goes to a blank webpage, but I want it to roll initiative and place into tracker. What am I missing?

Edited 1429190266
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The API buttons can only be used to trigger an API command i believe, i don't think they can run macros unless you have an api that runs the macro upon command? Happy to be corrected though... [edit] corrected myself, i haven't really played with the buttons but to get them to display correctly you need the following formatting as per the wiki [Button Name](!Button Action) &lt;--- note the ! at the start of the action...

Edited 1429113180
Wes
Sheet Author
Magic Missile is a silly spell, here is a macro that calculates the number of darts based on Spell Slot Level cast and only shows damage for those darts! Macro Content: (This is from a D&D 5e Character Sheet Spell Book in the Effects Box) My [[?{Spell Slot Level|1}+2]] **Darts** do **Force Damage** to selected targets: Dart 1 [[1d4cf&lt;0cs&gt;5+1]] Dart 2 [[1d4cf&lt;0cs&gt;5+1]] Dart 3 [[1d4cf&lt;0cs&gt;5+1]] Dart 4 [[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/2),1}kl1*1d4cf&lt;0cs&gt;5+{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/2),1}kl1*(1)}]] Dart 5 [[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/3),1}kl1*1d4cf&lt;0cs&gt;5+{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/3),1}kl1*(1)}]] Dart 6 [[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/4),1}kl1*1d4cf&lt;0cs&gt;5+{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/4),1}kl1*(1)}]] Dart 7 [[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/5),1}kl1*1d4cf&lt;0cs&gt;5+{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/5),1}kl1*(1)}]] Dart 8 [[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/6),1}kl1*1d4cf&lt;0cs&gt;5+{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/6),1}kl1*(1)}]] Dart 9 [[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/7),1}kl1*1d4cf&lt;0cs&gt;5+{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/7),1}kl1*(1)}]] Dart 10 [[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/8),1}kl1*1d4cf&lt;0cs&gt;5+{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/8),1}kl1*(1)}]] Dart 11 [[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/9),1}kl1*1d4cf&lt;0cs&gt;5+{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|1})/9),1}kl1*(1)}]] The darts all strike simultaneously, and I can direct them to hit one creature or several. Output:
How could this be modified to work for a spell like Scorching Ray, where each ray also requires an Attack Roll (they don't automatically hit, like with Magic Missiles. I am trying to work it out so that each "ray" has its own separate line instead of combined into 1 Effect, with each line containing the ATTACK roll as well as the DAMAGE ON HIT for the applicable number of Rays (with 0's showing in the attack roll and the damage rolls similar to the magic missile above for the ones beyond the total number of rays). I don't think I understand the math enough in the {}kh1 above.
I worked up a scorching ray that will do 4 rays but I can't seem to get any more than that working. Maybe someone can figure out why I can't get past #4. I used the multi-attack tag from the standard 5e sheet to get the four attacks. When you cast three rays (as a level 2 spell slot), it put's 0's in for the rolls. When you cast it at a level three spell slot it makes 4 rays and it will put the numbers in for the attack and damage. Here is the code I used for that. &{template:5eDefault} {{spell=1}} {{title=Scorching Ray}} {{subheader=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=Evocation Level 2}} {{subheader2=Range 120'}} {{subheaderright2=Level ?{Spell Slot Level|2} spell slot}} {{emote= Hurling [[?{Spell Slot Level|2}+1]] Rays...}} {{multiattack=1}} {{mattack1=[[1d20 + [[@{Selected|intelligence_mod}]] + [[@{Selected|PB}]] + (@{Selected|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}} {{mattack1adv=[[1d20 + [[@{Selected|intelligence_mod}]] + [[@{Selected|PB}]] + (@{Selected|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}} {{mdamage1=[[2d6 + (@{Selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] Fire}} {{mcritdamage1=[[2d6]] Fire}} {{mattack2=[[1d20 + [[@{Selected|intelligence_mod}]] + [[@{Selected|PB}]] + (@{Selected|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}} {{mattack2adv=[[1d20 + [[@{Selected|intelligence_mod}]] + [[@{Selected|PB}]] + (@{Selected|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}} {{mdamage2=[[2d6 + (@{Selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] Fire}} {{mcritdamage2=[[2d6]] Fire}} {{mattack3=[[1d20 + [[@{Selected|intelligence_mod}]] + [[@{Selected|PB}]] + (@{Selected|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}} {{mattack3adv=[[1d20 + [[@{Selected|intelligence_mod}]] + [[@{Selected|PB}]] + (@{Selected|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}} {{mdamage3=[[2d6 + (@{Selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] Fire}} {{mcritdamage3=[[2d6]] Fire}} {{mattack4=[[1d20*[[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1}]] + [[@{Selected|intelligence_mod}*{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1}]] + [[@{Selected|PB}*{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1}]] + @{Selected|global_spell_attack_bonus}*{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1}]]}} {{mattack4adv=[[1d20*[[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1}]] + [[@{Selected|intelligence_mod}*{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1}]] + [[@{Selected|PB}*{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1}]] + @{Selected|global_spell_attack_bonus}*{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1}]]}} {{mdamage4=[[2d6*[[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1}]] + (@{Selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})*[[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1}]]]] Fire}} {{mcritdamage4=[[2d6*[[{floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1}]]]] Fire}} Like I said I tried to get the attack #5 to work, but the code kept breaking, and I'm not sure why. The trick is to multiply all the rolls by {floor((?{Spell Slot Level|2})/3),1}kl1} a nd increase the divisor number by one for each additional attack.
The macro's use the new powercard script and a rollable table(call mine rolljabber) to produce the following: !power {{ --charid|@{selected|character_id} --emote|~L**//@{selected|character_name} [[ [txt] 1t[rolljabber] ]]//** --format|initiative --name| Let's Get Ready to RUMBLE!!! --Initiative|[[1d20+ @{selected|initiative} &{tracker}]] }}
Nice touch with incorporating a table into the emote for the initiative roll. How many entries do you have on it, out of curiosity?
Only 8 so far. If I think of anything witty I add it.
Like I said, I like the touch and flavor that it creates, Kunguru. :)
Here is a macro I made to produce a status board for selected tokens. It can be copied and produced for others. It requires the Token-mod and has functions such as appending the name of the token to match its condition. This way it shows up in the turn counter as well. Also clear all removes relevant icons to stats, and resets the name to the one matching its character sheet. /w GM @{selected|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{classaction=1}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} @{selected|show_character_name} {{title=@{selected|Token_name} Status Board}} {{freetext=[Blinded](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|bleeding-eye name|@{selected|character_name}_Blinded) • A blinded creature can’t see and automatically fails any ability check that requires sight. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature’s attack rolls have disadvantage. [Charmed](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|broken-heart name|@{selected|character_name}_Charmed) • A charmed creature can't attack the charm er or target the charm er with harmful abilities or magical effects. • The charmer has advantage on any ability check to interact socially with the creature. [Deafened](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|edge-crack name|@{selected|character_name}_Deafened) • A deafened creature can’t hear and automatically fails any ability check that requires hearing. [Frightened](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|screaming name|@{selected|character_name}_Frightened) • A frightened creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its fear is within line of sight. • The creature can’t willingly move closer to the source of its fear. [Grappled](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|grab name|@{selected|character_name}_Grappled) • A grappled creature’s speed becomes 0, and it can't benefit from any bonus to its speed. • The condition ends if the grappler is incapacitated (see the condition). • The condition also ends if an effect removes the grappled creature from the reach o f the grappler or grappling effect, such as when a creature is hurled away by the thunderwave spell. [invisibility](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|ninja-mask name|@{selected|character_name}_invisible) • An invisible creature is impossible to see without the aid o f magic or a special sense. For the purpose of hiding, the creature is heavily obscured. The crea­ture’s location can be detected by any noise it makes or any tracks it leaves. • Attack rolls against the creature have disadvantage, and the creature’s attack rolls have advantage. [Paralyzed](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|lightning-helix name|@{selected|character_name}_Paralyzed) • A paralyzed creature is incapacitated (see the condi­tion) and can’t move or speak. • The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage. • Any attack that hits the creature is a critical hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature. [Petrified](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|aura name|@{selected|character_name}_Petrified) • A petrified creature is transformed, along with any nonmagical object it is wearing or carrying, into a solid inanimate substance (usually stone). Its weight increases by a factor of ten, and it ceases aging. • The creature is incapacitated (see the condition), can’t move or speak, and is unaware o f its surroundings. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage. • The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws. • The creature has resistance to all damage. • The creature is immune to poison and disease, although a poison or disease already in its system is suspended, not neutralized [Poisoned](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|chemical-bolt name|@{selected|character_name}_Poisoned) • A poisoned creature has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks. [Prone](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|back-pain name|@{selected|character_name}_Prone) • A prone creature’s only movement option is to crawl, unless it stands up and thereby ends the condition. • The creature has disadvantage on attack rolls. • An attack roll against the creature has advantage if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature. Otherwise, the attack roll has disadvantage. [Restrained](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|fishing-net name|@{selected|character_name}_Restrained) • A restrained creature’s speed becomes 0, and it can’t benefit from any bonus to its speed. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature’s attack rolls have disadvantage. • The creature has disadvantage on Dexterity saving throws. [Stunned](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|fist name|@{selected|character_name}_Stunned) • A stunned creature is incapacitated (see the condition), can’t move, and can speak only falteringly. • The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage. [Unconscious](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|sleepy|back-pain name|@{selected|character_name}_Unconscious/Prone) • Any attack that hits the creature is a criti­cal hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature. • The creature drops whatever it’s holding and falls prone. [Dead](!token-mod --set statusmarkers||dead)[Not-Dead](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-dead) [Clearall](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-bleeding-eye|-broken-heart|-edge-crack|-screaming|-grab|-lightning-helix|-aura|-chemical-bolt|-back-pain|-fishing-net|-fist|-sleepy|-ninja-mask name|@{selected|character_name})}}
Nice work, I will look forward to playing with it after Game of Thrones.
Benson this is an awesome thread buddy. Thanks for posting it and thanks to everyone else for pitching in. Wish I had something to give back but I'm still very new to all this API thing.
Mike Blanc said: Benson this is an awesome thread buddy. Thanks for posting it and thanks to everyone else for pitching in. Wish I had something to give back but I'm still very new to all this API thing. No problem man! ^.^ Actually, Macros aren't API, that's a Mentor's feature only actually. Macros are essentially text commands that you can execute with a single click of a button. Any text commands in Roll20 can be used in macros, and vise-versa. If you'd like, I'll probably run a teaching session about Macros on Wednesday or sometime over the weekend if you're interested in learning. It's really not that hard; you just need to learn the syntax. xP

Edited 1433223544
Saevar L. said: Here is a macro I made to produce a status board for selected tokens. It can be copied and produced for others. It requires the Token-mod and has functions such as appending the name of the token to match its condition. This way it shows up in the turn counter as well. Also clear all removes relevant icons to stats, and resets the name to the one matching its character sheet. Welp. This is going to be stolen! Thank you

Edited 1433224528
Jake M. said: Saevar L. said: Here is a macro I made to produce a status board for selected tokens. It can be copied and produced for others. It requires the Token-mod and has functions such as appending the name of the token to match its condition. This way it shows up in the turn counter as well. Also clear all removes relevant icons to stats, and resets the name to the one matching its character sheet. Welp. This is going to be stolen! Thank you Niiiiiiice~! xD I'm so jealous of all you Mentors. Ya think we could get this thread stickied? Might be a longshot, but who knows, it's been pretty darn useful so far.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Benson Y. said: Ya think we could get this thread stickied? Might be a longshot, but who knows, it's been pretty darn useful so far. It would be better expand the Useful Macros page(s) in the wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Useful_Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Useful_Macros</a>
Oh I never knew that existed o.O
The Aaron said: Benson Y. said: Ya think we could get this thread stickied? Might be a longshot, but who knows, it's been pretty darn useful so far. It would be better expand the Useful Macros page(s) in the wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Useful_Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Useful_Macros</a> Ooh that's a good idea, alright. ^.^ I'll see what I can mix up over there. I've been meaning to fix up that and the 5E page for a long while.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Sounds great!

Edited 1433368186
attackGeneric (for 5E Template) &{template:5eDefault} {{attack_roll=1}} {{title=?{Weapon}}}{{subheader=?{Melee/Ranged|Melee}}}{{attack=[[1d20+?{To Hit}]] | [[1d20+?{To Hit}]]}} {{damage=[[?{Damage|0}]]}} Hiya everyone! Just playing around with another attack macro and came up with this, but I need some bug-fixing done. x.x Ignore the Melee/5 ft thing, I switched it to Melee/Ranged instead. I get this little vertical line before "vs AC" that doesn't appear in the character sheet version, and I need some help with it. I was reverse-engineering it from the character sheet's macro, found below. You could do a work around using @{selected|classactioncustom1skill}, but then you'd need a token always selected to activate it, and that isn't quite preferable. Thanks! @{Faeron Tindel|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{attack_roll=1}} {{character_name=@{Faeron Tindel|character_name}}} @{Faeron Tindel|show_character_name} {{title=@{Faeron Tindel|repeating_weapons_melee_0_name}}} {{melee=1}} @{Faeron Tindel|repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro_options} @{Faeron Tindel|repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro}

Edited 1433369216
Also, I thought I posted it here before, but apparently I didn't. o.o So here's another update to my roll macros below. ^.^ I added escalating dice so when I click d4, besides getting a result for 1d4, I get 2d4, 3d4, and 4d4, all within an instant, as well as some secret GM saves. So if the GM wants someone to do a secret save, all he/she has to do is click on the token and click the macro, and the result will be whispered to the player. It takes away control from the player rolling his/her dice, which sucks, but it's quick, easy, and fast, which is always a plus. Also, it'll be like a status update informing the player, which is very useful for Constitution saves against disease. gmSave /w @{selected|character_name} %{selected|Strength_Save} /w @{selected|character_name} %{selected|Dexterity_Save} /w @{selected|character_name} %{selected|Constitution_Save} /w @{selected|character_name} %{selected|Intelligence_Save} /w @{selected|character_name} %{selected|Wisdom_Save} /w @{selected|character_name} %{selected|Charisma_Save} d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20, d100 (using 5E template) /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=d4}} {{subheader=Rolling d4s to GM}}} {{rollname=Result}} {{roll=[[1d4]] ► [[2d4]] ► [[3d4]] ► [[4d4]]}} /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=d6}} {{subheader=Rolling d6s to GM}}} {{rollname=Result}} {{roll=[[1d6]] ► [[2d6]] ► [[3d6]] ► [[4d6]]}} /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=d8}} {{subheader=Rolling d8s to GM}}} {{rollname=Result}} {{roll=[[1d8]] ► [[2d8]] ► [[3d8]] ► [[4d8]]}} /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=d10}} {{subheader=Rolling d10s to GM}}} {{rollname=Result}} {{roll=[[1d10]] ► [[2d10]] ► [[3d10]] ► [[4d10]]}} /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=d20}} {{subheader=Rolling d20s to GM}}} {{rollname=Result}} {{roll=[[1d20]] | [[1d20]]}} /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=d100}} {{subheader=Rolling d100s to GM}}} {{rollname=Result}} {{roll=[[1d100]] | [[1d100]]}} <a href="http://i.imgur.com/NkPtkbZ.png?1" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/NkPtkbZ.png?1</a>
This is a Macro and a Template, I made this because I could, its not fancy, not yet, but i got other ideas in the future... so for now here is the macro/Template to Thank those who helped
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
=D
Benson Y. said: attackGeneric (for 5E Template) &{template:5eDefault} {{attack_roll=1}} {{title=?{Weapon}}}{{subheader=?{Melee/Ranged|Melee}}}{{attack=[[1d20+?{To Hit}]] | [[1d20+?{To Hit}]]}} {{damage=[[?{Damage|0}]]}} Hiya everyone! Just playing around with another attack macro and came up with this, but I need some bug-fixing done. x.x Ignore the Melee/5 ft thing, I switched it to Melee/Ranged instead. I get this little vertical line before "vs AC" that doesn't appear in the character sheet version, and I need some help with it. I was reverse-engineering it from the character sheet's macro, found below. You could do a work around using @{selected|classactioncustom1skill}, but then you'd need a token always selected to activate it, and that isn't quite preferable. Thanks! @{Faeron Tindel|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{attack_roll=1}} {{character_name=@{Faeron Tindel|character_name}}} @{Faeron Tindel|show_character_name} {{title=@{Faeron Tindel|repeating_weapons_melee_0_name}}} {{melee=1}} @{Faeron Tindel|repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro_options} @{Faeron Tindel|repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro} The @{selected|classactioncustom1skill} can be substituted with any character_name as long as they are in your journals, even if they are archived. So you can have the flexibility of using extra tags and not have to have a token selected.

Edited 1433454917
A modification to the 5e attack macro: Multiple Attacks! By combining both the Weapon and Spell attack attributes, you can make a single macro that attacks twice. Great for Barbarians, monks, etc classes that get multiple attacks. Flurry of Blows example, using character journal attributes: &{template:5eDefault} {{weapon=1}} {{title=Flurry of Blows}} {{subheader=@{Selected|Token_Name}}} {{subheaderright=Two Strikes}} {{attack=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}} {{attackadv=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}} {{damage=[[ 1d6 + @{DEX}[Dex] ]]}} {{critdamage=[[1d6]] Addt'l Dmg}}}{{spellshowattack=1}}{{spellattack=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}} {{spellshowattackadv=1}}{{spellattackadv=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}}{{spellshowdamage=1}}{{spelldamage=[[ 1d6 + @{DEX}[Dex] ]] }}{{spellcancrit=1}}{{spellcritdamage=[[1d6]] Addt'l Dmg}}

Edited 1433455262
Pathfinder Explosive Runes: Making use of Pathfinder sheets generic Template and MarkDown language to include an image for the runes. Or as I call it; commanded to BOOM! &{template:pf_generic} {{name=Explosive Runes: ***[Link](<a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/explosive-runes)***" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/explosive-runes)***</a>}} {{=*By order of Elvanna, White Queen of Whitethrone and Ruler Apparent of all Irrisien, you are hereby commanded with all expediency to...*[EXPLODE!](<a href="https://wqnyia.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y2pN6bbSSeKq70O4-RqWQ8z8rpOB3a6H9NgGkt7m8bM8SSYTJLWcRhVzUybQqsTh-WmsNcwUK8T72MmGthUVZugvuRCMy07CkKBDiw2x3AEgvqcuQmPji3yrqh2VMki0VraoOStljYacDiubjs3M8Z2Wg/runes.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://wqnyia.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y2pN6bbSSeKq70O4-RqWQ8z8rpOB3a6H9NgGkt7m8bM8SSYTJLWcRhVzUybQqsTh-WmsNcwUK8T72MmGthUVZugvuRCMy07CkKBDiw2x3AEgvqcuQmPji3yrqh2VMki0VraoOStljYacDiubjs3M8Z2Wg/runes.jpg</a>)}} &{template:pf_generic} {{DC: [[10 + 3 + @{Gol|GolInt} ]]= **Ref (Half)**}} {{Range:n/a=**SR:** [[1d20 + @{Level}+ @{SpellPen} ]]}} {{5' area:=[[6d6]] Force Dmg, no save}} {{10' area:=[[6d6]] Force Dmg}}