Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Post Your Macros Here!

Mark G. said: Flurry of Blows example, using character journal attributes: &{template:5eDefault} {{weapon=1}} {{title=Flurry of Blows}} {{subheader=@{Selected|Token_Name}}} {{subheaderright=Two Strikes}} {{attack=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}} {{attackadv=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}} {{damage=[[ 1d6 + @{DEX}[Dex] ]]}} {{critdamage=[[1d6]] Addt'l Dmg}}}{{spellshowattack=1}}{{spellattack=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}} {{spellshowattackadv=1}}{{spellattackadv=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}}{{spellshowdamage=1}}{{spelldamage=[[ 1d6 + @{DEX}[Dex] ]] }}{{spellcancrit=1}}{{spellcritdamage=[[1d6]] Addt'l Dmg}} Wow! That's awesome! It's definitely useful for all those extra attack abilities and such. This thread's starting to get pretty long, so I'll probably ask for a lock on this at the end of the week and make a pt. 2 of this. xP

Edited 1433963879
Mark G. said: A modification to the 5e attack macro: Multiple Attacks! By combining both the Weapon and Spell attack attributes, you can make a single macro that attacks twice. Great for Barbarians, monks, etc classes that get multiple attacks. Flurry of Blows example, using character journal attributes: &{template:5eDefault} {{weapon=1}} {{title=Flurry of Blows}} {{subheader=@{Selected|Token_Name}}} {{subheaderright=Two Strikes}} {{attack=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}} {{attackadv=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}} {{damage=[[ 1d6 + @{DEX}[Dex] ]]}} {{critdamage=[[1d6]] Addt'l Dmg}}}{{spellshowattack=1}}{{spellattack=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}} {{spellshowattackadv=1}}{{spellattackadv=[[ 1d20 + @{DEX}[Dex] + @{Prof}[Prof] ]]}}{{spellshowdamage=1}}{{spelldamage=[[ 1d6 + @{DEX}[Dex] ]] }}{{spellcancrit=1}}{{spellcritdamage=[[1d6]] Addt'l Dmg}} This is a great start to what I am trying to do with a specialized Monk Flurry of blows attack with 53 character sheet... care to help me make it better, please? :) I am trying to combine a combination of two weapon strikes + unarmed strike + unarmed strike w/shocking grasp. I have tried copy/pasting the 5e with the Melee1 (blood drinker weapon; shortsword) twice, Melee2 (unarmed strike w/bonus bite dmg), and then a custom weapon with unarmed strike and shocking graps spell dmg... leaving it looking something like this: @{Aerolite|roll_MeleeAttack1} @{Aerolite|roll_MeleeAttack1} @{Aerolite|roll_MeleeAttack2} @{Aerolite|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{attack_roll=1}} {{character_name=@{Aerolite|character_name}}} @{Aerolite|show_character_name} {{title=@{Aerolite|repeating_weapons_melee_6_name}}} {{melee=1}} @{Aerolite|repeating_weapons_melee_6_macro_options} @{Aerolite|classactionrangedweapon} @{Aerolite|repeating_weapons_melee_6_macro} This output has the large coloured titles for all the attacks, taking up a lotta room in the chat window. I would rather one large title "Stormflurry Combo", with the attacks as above shortened and simplified in display... would to like to help me figure this out??

Edited 1433996689
Here's a powercard macro... requires use of the API: First you select whether your attack is a normal attack (0), with disadvantage (1), or with advantage (2), and then enter any misc. attack modifiers you may or may not have. The macro then rolls attacks as selected and displays whether you critically missed, missed, hit, or critically hit and rolls damage as appropriate. !power {{ --name|Longsword --leftsub|Melee Attack --rightsub|Reach 5 ft. --format|player --title|[[ [$AtkType] ?{Attack Std (0), Dis (1), or Adv(2)|0} + 0d0 ]] --?? $AtkType == 0 ?? Attack:|[[ [$AtkStd] 1d20 + 4 [Str Mod] + 2 [Proficiency] + ?{Misc. Attack Modifier|0} [Misc. Mod] ]] vs @{target|AC} AC --?? $AtkType == 1 ?? Attack:|[[ [$AtkDis] {2d20}KL1 + 4 [Str Mod] + 2 [Proficiency] + ?{Misc. Attack Modifier|0} [Misc. Mod] ]] vs @{target|AC} AC --?? $AtkType == 2 ?? Attack:|[[ [$AtkAdv] {2d20}KH1 + 4 [Str Mod] + 2 [Proficiency] + ?{Misc. Attack Modifier|0} [Misc. Mod] ]] vs @{target|AC} AC --?? $AtkType == 0 AND $AtkStd.base == 1 ?? Critical Miss:|You critically missed! --?? $AtkType == 0 AND $AtkStd.base <> 1 AND $AtkStd.total < @{target|AC} ?? Miss:|You missed! --?? $AtkType == 0 AND $AtkStd.base <> 1 AND $AtkStd.total >= @{target|AC} AND $AtkStd.base <> 20 ?? Hit:|[[ 1d8 + 4 [Str Mod] ]] slashing damage --?? $AtkType == 0 AND $AtkStd.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit:|[[ [nh] 2d8 + 4 [Str Mod] ]] slashing damage --?? $AtkType == 1 AND $AtkDis.base == 1 ?? Critical Miss:|You critically missed! --?? $AtkType == 1 AND $AtkDis.base <> 1 AND $AtkDis.total < @{target|AC} ?? Miss:|You missed! --?? $AtkType == 1 AND $AtkDis.base <> 1 AND $AtkDis.total >= @{target|AC} AND $AtkDis.base <> 20 ?? Hit:|[[ 1d8 + 4 [Str Mod] ]] slashing damage --?? $AtkType == 1 AND $AtkDis.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit:|[[ [nh] 2d8 + 4 [Str Mod] ]] slashing damage --?? $AtkType == 2 AND $AtkAdv.base == 1 ?? Critical Miss:|You critically missed! --?? $AtkType == 2 AND $AtkAdv.base <> 1 AND $AtkAdv.total < @{target|AC} ?? Miss:|You missed! --?? $AtkType == 2 AND $AtkAdv.base <> 1 AND $AtkAdv.total >= @{target|AC} AND $AtkAdv.base <> 20 ?? Hit:|[[ 1d8 + 4 [Str Mod] ]] slashing damage --?? $AtkType == 2 AND $AtkAdv.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit:|[[ 2d8 + 4 [Str Mod] ]] slashing damage }}
Ed S. said: "PC Macros" is a name of a character sheet I have (that has all my PC macros), it might be best to replace it with a character sheet that is active in your campaign. THAT ENDING @ CHARACTER BLAHBLAH!!! I have been trying to figure out to change names of each line or have multiple lines for hours!!! Finally I feel stupid no longer! Here is my final product using this method, it is a random character generator for some quick fun campaigns or encounters where we just goof off and don't get too serious into a game. This took a set up of four tables. Using all regular and homebrews for each part. Pretty simple once the tables were set up. /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{save=1}} {{title=Random Character Generator}}} {{subheader=?{Character's name?}}} {{Gender=[[1t[Gender]]]}} {{Race=[[1t[Race]]]}} {{Class=[[1t[Class]]]}} {{Back ground=[[1t[Background]]]}} @{CHARACTERNAMEGOESHERE|classactioncustom1skill}
Is there a list of all of the {{}} tags that are accepted by the macro system some where? I think it would be useful to make a simple java script form that you can fill out and have it generate the macro.

Edited 1434116135
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you're talking about all the @{ }, ?{ }, etc, see the Macro section of the wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros</a> It will give you details on the types of things you can reference, but most of the actual attribute names will depend on the character sheet and any custom ones the players/GM have added. Some character sheets are documented in the wiki, others you will just need to explore. If you're talking about the {{key=value}} arguments to roll template, those are specified by the character sheet the template come from. You can find some of that in the wiki, but mostly you need to read the character sheet or push up in chat after executing one to see the fields. The default template will take anything as an argument with "name" as a key being treated specially to generate the title line.
The Aaron said: If you're talking about all the @{ }, ?{ }, etc, see the Macro section of the wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros</a> It will give you details on the types of things you can reference, but most of the actual attribute names will depend on the character sheet and any custom ones the players/GM have added. Some character sheets are documented in the wiki, others you will just need to explore. If you're talking about the {{key=value}} arguments to roll template, those are specified by the character sheet the template come from. You can find some of that in the wiki, but mostly you need to read the character sheet or push up in chat after executing one to see the fields. The default template will take anything as an argument with "name" as a key being treated specially to generate the title line. This thread's a bit too long now, but I created a new thread to continue it here . Would you mind locking the thread? Thanks!