Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Scripts not sending messages to chat

For whatever reason, none of the API scripts I am using are sending the usual messages to the chat. Neither I nor my players can see them. However, those that actually alter things are working, they're just not sending to the chat. Since that was rather confusing, I decided to look at the chat archive. Somehow, I can see the messages appearing there, but not in the chat panel in game. Despite this, messages actually typed into the panel are working, as are macros that don't rely on the API, Any idea why this is happening or how to fix?
Travis - I saw something very similar as well lately. It seems if you clear the chat archive it should workaround the issue. Not sure exactly what causes it, but I have seen several cases where clearing the chat archive resolves it.
I had the same problem. It was corrected by clearing the chat archive.
Laurent said: I had the same problem. It was corrected by clearing the chat archive. I can confirm this.
Thanks guys, worked like a charm! I'm just glad my group doesn't use the chat for anything but rolls, would hate to lose actual chat/roleplay archives to fix this issue.
Should now be fixed, thanks!
This happened to me today. Clearing out the chat archive worked.
Okay, I took another look at this today and I thought I had it fixed yesterday, but there was still a lingering issue. It should now be fixed "for real." I've pushed the update and restarted all active API sandboxes. Please respond to this thread if you're still experiencing this issue. Thanks!
Thanks, its working now.