Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM option to expose character sheets to other players

Score + 410
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Yogi N. said: +1 Omg... 6 years? And that time hasn't changed the problems with implementing something like this.&nbsp; I posted a couple issues I can see as a sheet author a ways up the page:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8974301/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8974301/</a> If you trust your players to not alter each other's sheets, you can already do this.&nbsp; If you can't trust your players to leave other sheets alone (as far as editing goes), then there isn't a way to truly allow people to view without the ability to edit sheet values and trigger sheetworker scripts, because being able to do that is baked into being able to navigate through a sheet.
+1
+1 Players need read-only access
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Hobo
Pro
Sheet Author
Of course you can do this somehow,&nbsp; perhaps just tie this into the print sheet request and add the option that non-editors get a render of the page, even having it display as a PDF snapshot would be useful.&nbsp; And its enough to trust players to manage their own sheets without messing things up, if they have access to other players sheets I can just imagine all the accidental clicks and oopsies.&nbsp;
All the +'s, this NEEDS to be a native functionality.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
How is this still not implemented? +1
Needs implemented +1
+1 all the way... For private stuff players want to keep for themselves, GM's can always make a private Handout available for each player. The one thing though, at the moment when two account are looking at the same Sheet / Handout, changing tabs on one account also changes tabs on all other account who have the same Sheet / Handout open. If that can be fixed, then that would be great ;oP

Edited 1662759885
+1 This would be helpful in a situation where, say, a character has died, and their party members decide to loot the body (as often happens). Instead of having to list all their inventory, or screenshot it, or give them free reign to access and edit, being able to just show the players without allowing editing would make things way easier.
+1
+1 Bump
+1 This is a functionality I would expect any virtual tabletop to have and honestly assumed roll20 did for years until one of my players complained
+1 the fact this thread keeps getting visitors
I have been waiting 7 years for this

Edited 1676408290
This problem is one of the most annoying thing on Roll20. I wonder that why the system is designed sooooooo secretively. Are we playing cloak and dagger when we access for Roll20? Why we can't just share the sheet? I have seen countless times the game master have to share the permission of all the player characters for all the players just because of this, and it was annoying as hell as you could imagine. It is also very painful to actually make use of sheet based macros as well. And that's why I try not to use character based macro - actually, aside one attempt for D&amp;D 4e, I NEVER want to make the sheet based macro at all, ever. No ways to shares the sheet between the players is one of the most annoying problem, as well as not able to touch the token bounded to a player(this also prevents to use the sheet based macro, for the only solution is either give the permission of the all the PCs for all players, or just don't use the token bounded to a character and only use non-sheet based macros), only make a single token for a specific character(thus unable to make the macro for the non-named NPCs). I think that those stacks of annoyance maybe solved with this, or at least I hope. Anyway, again, I wonder why Roll20 developer team is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo obsessed by the massive layers of secrecy.&nbsp;If something would be GM exclusive then that's fine, but why for each players?? Just why? (+1 vote, by the way. And I remember that I have made a similar request some years ago as well.)
+1
+1, this request has been going for over 7 years and I really need it for my game.&nbsp;

Edited 1696101206
+1, shocked that it's still was not implemented
This is ridiculous. We're just talking about VIEWING a character sheet. As a web developer, this is not complicated at all.&nbsp; +1
Absolutely insane to me as a new DM that this hasn't been addressed. I'm green as they come and I know this should be a feature.&nbsp; +1
+1 if this is still a thing.&nbsp;
+1 we need this