Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Questions about sheet building

Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: I would also suggest looking at other sheet's code and design. I've found that most sheets are about 90% of repetitive code with just small changes. Quite possibly because a lot of the sheet authors are starting with someone else's work, either to get a jump start or because they're not confident in their own abilities. =P I know the oWoD sheets borrow heavily from my Exalted 2e sheet, for example. And of course, many snippets from the CSS Wizardry thread appear in a number of sheets (which is the entire point of that particular thread).
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Brian said: or because they're not confident in their own abilities. =P Guilty as charged... :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Brian said: Vince said: I would also suggest looking at other sheet's code and design. I've found that most sheets are about 90% of repetitive code with just small changes. Quite possibly because a lot of the sheet authors are starting with someone else's work, either to get a jump start or because they're not confident in their own abilities. =P I know the oWoD sheets borrow heavily from my Exalted 2e sheet, for example. And of course, many snippets from the CSS Wizardry thread appear in a number of sheets (which is the entire point of that particular thread). Yes x 10. Then I laughed because of GV's next post.(directly above this one). No need to reinvent the wheel. Unless you're creating a sheet from scratch, you will to have to edit someone else's code anyhow. You'll need to learn to decipher what was done and the process/method used, good or ... I've learned there are 1001 ways to skin an orc ( which may not be PC in certain circles ) Post a question to the forums and you'll probably get ten ways to accomplish the same task. Have fun.

Edited 1437263372
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
OK, so for the last 2 days I've been doing some intense book learning on HTML and CSS. I tried to test what I learned but the CSS code had no effect. this was my CSS code: ok nvm, I forgot I'm supposed to link them. alight, it doesn't work... help. div{height:50px;width:120px;border-color:#6495ed;background-color:#bcd2ee; border-style:dashed;border-width:5px}
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Couple questions: is it not working in the preview or in the campaign? With that code you may want to put .charsheet in front of the div The preview is notoriously bad at displaying what the campaign would look like, so if that is the case, save it anyway and launch the campaign to see what it really looks like. Also, with that type of CSS then every div would have that same border and size. You would like be better giving the div a class and then defining the class.
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
G V. said: Couple questions: is it not working in the preview or in the campaign? With that code you may want to put .charsheet in front of the div The preview is notoriously bad at displaying what the campaign would look like, so if that is the case, save it anyway and launch the campaign to see what it really looks like. Also, with that type of CSS then every div would have that same border and size. You would like be better giving the div a class and then defining the class. well it's not a test to see if it's done right but rather if it'll do anything. I kinda knew going in that it would effect all the divs. If the preview is really that bad then I'll try what you said, but not now it's late. Also I have to ask (knowing my memory i probably already asked this) how specifically did you get everything in the code you showed me a while ago to get so straight without a table?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Grim G. said: Also I have to ask (knowing my memory i probably already asked this) how specifically did you get everything in the code you showed me a while ago to get so straight without a table? I micromanaged the div widths. I know the max width of my character sheet is 800px, so knowing that I assign specific widths to each header div and then just assign widths for the other divs to fall within those header widths. If that doesn't make sense I can give you an example (I'm not on my computer at the moment, otherwise I would do it now).
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
G V. said: Grim G. said: Also I have to ask (knowing my memory i probably already asked this) how specifically did you get everything in the code you showed me a while ago to get so straight without a table? I micromanaged the div widths. I know the max width of my character sheet is 800px, so knowing that I assign specific widths to each header div and then just assign widths for the other divs to fall within those header widths. If that doesn't make sense I can give you an example (I'm not on my computer at the moment, otherwise I would do it now). thanks, I'll see if I can do that

Edited 1437410417
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
can someone remind me how class works? It's just something you use to specify divs for CSS right? also, I completely forget how to section things into columns. I just thought of something else crazy, What if I put the entire sheet in a table? Is that too hair brained?

Edited 1437410628
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Class can be used for anything, its not just divs. Its one of the CSS selectors like input.sheet-eq { font-size: 11px; } Will make any input fields with the class sheet-eq be font size 11. or hr.sheet-3 { background-color: #737373; width: 99%; } Will make any horizontal rules with sheet-3 class be that size and background color. or .centeredblue { text-align: center; color: blue; } Will make any text and the class centeredblue , centered text with blue color. And the built in columns link is here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets#Columns_and_Layout" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets#Columns_and_Layout</a>
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
DXWarlock (William R) said: Class can be used for anything, its not just divs. Its one of the CSS selectors like input.sheet-eq { font-size: 11px; } Will make any input fields with the class sheet-eq be font size 11. or hr.sheet-3 { background-color: #737373; width: 99%; } Will make any horizontal rules with sheet-3 class be that size and background color. or .centeredblue { text-align: center; color: blue; } Will make any text and the class centeredblue , centered text with blue color. And the built in columns link is here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets#Columns_and_Layout" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets#Columns_and_Layout</a> so wait, a class just acts as a way to define pacific tags in CSS, but in order to make specific columns you have to use a specific class?

Edited 1437412289
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes what I was talking about up here for the CSS file, its just a 'quick list' of attributes you can apply to things. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2189715/#post-2190243" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2189715/#post-2190243</a> Or if you tell it what its to 'always' apply to, it makes that object always look that way: textarea { font-size: 11px; resize: none; border: 2px solid #765942; border-radius: 10px; padding-left:20px; } That makes ALL my textarea boxes on my sheet brown border, round edges, 11px font..etc. Since its not a class (no period on front) or an ID (no # in front). Its telling it anytime you see a text area for example: &lt;textarea name="attr_Notes"&gt;&lt;/textarea&gt; make it use that as its 'default' look. --- And you can make your own columns too, the roll20 team just had a few 'built in ones' for convenience. IF you wanted you could do .myawesomesheet-20colrow .sheet-col { width: calc(5%); } And use it and have 20 evenly divided columns if you wanted to. (Thats the most barebones example, you would probably need more than just that, a min-width: and such, as 20 randomly smashed together columns would be UGLY if you tried to put a bunch of stuff in them all.)
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
something's not right, I'm trying to make 2 columns but it wont work. and yet it does when i make 3
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You doing this? &lt;div class='sheet-2colrow'&gt; &lt;div class='sheet-col'&gt; &lt;!--Column 1 text --&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div class='sheet-col'&gt; &lt;!-- Column 2 text --&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt;
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
DXWarlock (William R) said: You doing this? &lt;div class='sheet-2colrow'&gt; &lt;div class='sheet-col'&gt; &lt;!--Column 1 text --&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div class='sheet-col'&gt; &lt;!-- Column 2 text --&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; pretty sure, I'll check again.

Edited 1437412963
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That should work. If you paste this into the HTML section of the custom and hit preview, you will see 2 sets of text telling you which column is which with a red border to help you visualize it. &lt;div class='sheet-2colrow'&gt; &lt;div class='sheet-col' style="border-width:1px; border-style:solid; border-color:red;"&gt; Column 1 &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div class='sheet-col' style="border-width:1px; border-style:solid; border-color:red;"&gt; Column 2 &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt;
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
Ok I see what you're saying. Thanks for helping fix it. On top of that, is there a way to creat a column inside a column?

Edited 1437414117
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yea, without getting too fancy on it making it as simple as possible for the example, you could do it by just nesting the built in ones inside each other. Ignore all the 'style' info also, thats just extra I added so you can see the outlines without needing CSS code too. &lt;div class='sheet-2colrow'&gt; &lt;div class='sheet-col' style="border-width:1px; border-style:solid; border-color:red;"&gt; column 1 &lt;br&gt; &lt;div class='sheet-col' style="border-width:1px; border-style:solid; border-color:red;"&gt; sub-Column 1 &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div class='sheet-col' style="border-width:1px; border-style:solid; border-color:red;"&gt; sub-Column 2 &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div class='sheet-col' style="border-width:1px; border-style:solid; border-color:red;"&gt; Column 2 &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt;
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
thanks

Edited 1437433982
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
can you put fieldsets within a table. So I put a textarea in and it absorbed all the code underneath it, any idea why? nvm, fixed it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Grim G. said: can you put fieldsets within a table. So I put a textarea in and it absorbed all the code underneath it, any idea why? nvm, fixed it. Yes. example; &lt;table&gt; &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th&gt;Fieldset within a table test&lt;/th&gt; &lt;td&gt; &lt;h3&gt;Skills&lt;/h3&gt; &lt;fieldset class="repeating_skills"&gt; &lt;select name="attr_dtype" class="dtype"&gt; &lt;option value="d4"&gt;d4&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="d6"&gt;d6&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="d8"&gt;d8&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="d10"&gt;d10&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="d12"&gt;d12&lt;/option&gt; &lt;/select&gt; &lt;input type="text" name="attr_skillname" /&gt; &lt;/fieldset&gt; &lt;/td&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;/table&gt;
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
Vince said: Grim G. said: can you put fieldsets within a table. So I put a textarea in and it absorbed all the code underneath it, any idea why? nvm, fixed it. Yes. example; &lt;table&gt; &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th&gt;Fieldset within a table test&lt;/th&gt; &lt;td&gt; &lt;h3&gt;Skills&lt;/h3&gt; &lt;fieldset class="repeating_skills"&gt; &lt;select name="attr_dtype" class="dtype"&gt; &lt;option value="d4"&gt;d4&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="d6"&gt;d6&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="d8"&gt;d8&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="d10"&gt;d10&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="d12"&gt;d12&lt;/option&gt; &lt;/select&gt; &lt;input type="text" name="attr_skillname" /&gt; &lt;/fieldset&gt; &lt;/td&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;/table&gt; er...right. I tried it but it didn't seam to work with what I was doing. It may be because i'm thying to add more body sections without touching the head section. IDK but it's not working
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
how do I stop tabel's from going too far?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Usually your table (specifically table cells &lt;td&gt;) will expand to fit their contents. Without knowing your specific problem, you can try adding line-height (either using an inline style or add it to an applicable class) to the table or table cells.

Edited 1437470921
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've recently built a couple of uber-basic but functional character sheets using my own 'throw it together and bludgeon it into submission' style of HTML... however i've pretty much avoided CSS so far (fortunately my sheets didn't really require advanced formatting and could all be defined via the HTML without too much needless repetition). My main reason being that i'm soooo new to this that i'm not entirely sure how i should define the class as one of the default Roll20 options (2colrow etc) AND give it a name for the CSS to use? I've looked at other examples on the github but just get more confused (think of a chimp who has recently discovered that it could get ants to eat using a stick... and then think of that chimp then being given an ant finding scanner complete with GPS, i'm using the stick still while currently using the scanner as a hat...). Is it just as simple as: class='sheet-2colrow-stats' And then calling it in CSS as .sheet-2colrow-stats?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ziechael said: Is it just as simple as: class='sheet-2colrow-stats' And then calling it in CSS as .sheet-2colrow-stats? Yep, pretty much. Although, in CSS the it would look something like: .sheet-2colrow-stats { font-size: 11px; resize: none; border: 2px solid #765942; border-radius: 10px; padding-left:20px; } Of course the stuff between the curly braces would be whatever you want to put there, just wanted to give you something to visualize (thanks DXWarlock, I just stole your code from above). When you're ready for the GPS stuff, though, there are ways to modify the styling based on various conditions (for example, the if there is something checked and you want that modify things in your default styling, you can do that too).
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Cool, thanks... I had sort of tested it but since my current knowledge level is quite low i don't think i was doing enough to 'see' the changes, that and i'm a coward.. I think i'm ready to upgrade my stick to chopsticks now!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you use a class named sheet-2colrow-stats, you're not going to get the same behavior as sheet-2colrow with nested sheet-col elements. (Unless you duplicate the appropriate CSS, of course). However, you can put multiple classes on an element: &lt;div class="sheet-classA sheet-classB"&gt; Classes A and B. &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div class="sheet-classB"&gt; Just class B. &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div class="sheet-classA sheet-classC"&gt; Classes A and C. &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div class="sheet-classA"&gt; Just class A. &lt;/div&gt; div { margin-bottom: 5px; padding: 5px; } .sheet-classA { font-size: 24pt; } .sheet-classB { border: 3px inset red; } .sheet-classC { background-color: #ccc; } .sheet-classA.sheet-classB { font-family: fantasy; } .sheet-classA.sheet-classC { font-weight: bold; } As you can see, you can mix and match, and in your CSS you can specify properties that apply is one of the classes is present (regardless of the presence of any others), as well as specify properties that only apply when multiple specific classes are present. Try it .
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
Err... I don't know. Does this method make things like selects less wide? Cause that's the biggest thing I have in my table.

Edited 1437497783
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Grim G. said: Err... I don't know. Does this method make things like selects less wide? Cause that's the biggest thing I have in my table. That's because the tabletop has a default style for select boxes with a fixed width (blame Twitter). Try adding this to fix things: select { width: auto; margin: 0; }
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
You can use it to make selects less wide. Css is a way to re-use stuff and make editing stuff easier. Say I want to make a table with inputs and selects and I want them all to be 55 pixels wide so they line up nicely with stuff: &lt;table&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;tr&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;td&gt;&lt;input type="text" name="attr_input1" title="input1" style="width: 55px;"&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;input type="number" name="attr_input2" title="input2" style="width: 55px;"&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;select name="attr_select1" title="select1" style="width: 55px;"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="1" selected&gt;First&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="2"&gt;Second&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="3"&gt;Third&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;/select&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;select name="attr_select2" title="select2" style="width: 55px;"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="1" selected&gt;First&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="2"&gt;Second&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="3"&gt;Third&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;/select&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/tr&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;tr&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;input type="text" name="attr_input3" title="input3" style="width: 55px;"&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;input type="number" name="attr_input4" title="input4" style="width: 55px;"&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;select name="attr_select3" title="select3" style="width: 55px;"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="1" selected&gt;First&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="2"&gt;Second&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="3"&gt;Third&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;/select&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;select name="attr_select4" title="select4" style="width: 55px;"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="1" selected&gt;First&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="2"&gt;Second&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="3"&gt;Third&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;/select&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;/table&gt; It works beautifully and I have a table that I like.&nbsp; I can keep adding rows and it will look like I want it to look.&nbsp; But then I realize that I really want the text input to be bigger, the number input only needs to take 2 values so it can be smaller and my selects are too narrow; you can't read everything.&nbsp; So I have to go back and edit all the numbers. Now if I set it up the same table with CSS classes instead, the HTML could look like: &lt;table&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;tr&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;td&gt;&lt;input type="text" name="attr_input1" title="input1" class="sheet-table-text1"&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;td&gt;&lt;input type="number" name="attr_input2" title="input2" class="sheet-table-number1"&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;select name="attr_select1" title="select1" class="sheet-table-select1"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="1" selected&gt;First&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="2"&gt;Second&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="3"&gt;Third&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;/select&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;select name="attr_select2" title="select2" class="sheet-table-select1"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="1" selected&gt;First&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="2"&gt;Second&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="3"&gt;Third&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;/select&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/tr&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;tr&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;input type="text" name="attr_input3" title="input3" class="sheet-table-text1"&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;input type="number" name="attr_input4" title="input4" class="sheet-table-number1"&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;select name="attr_select3" title="select3" class="sheet-table-select1"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="1" selected&gt;First&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="2"&gt;Second&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="3"&gt;Third&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;/select&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;td&gt;&lt;select name="attr_select4" title="select4" class="sheet-table-select1"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="1" selected&gt;First&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="2"&gt;Second&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="3"&gt;Third&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;/select&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;/table&gt; and the CSS could look like: .sheet-table-text1 { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; width: 55px; } .sheet-table-number1 { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; width: 55px; } .sheet-table-select1 { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; width: 55px; } but if I wanted to change all the selects to be 75 px wide instead, the text inputs to be 125 px wide, and the numbers to be only 35 px wide, I could just edit the CSS file and change it to: .sheet-table-text1 { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; width: 125px; } .sheet-table-number1 { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; width: 35px; } .sheet-table-select1 { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; width: 75px; } and all the input widths in the table change for me.&nbsp; Magic!&nbsp; (and a lot less editing which means I hopefully miss fewer things) Oh, and if I now want to make the backgrounds for all the number inputs some color, I can just edit the CSS and they will all change for me also! I'll admit, I tend to start my coding using the style="" stuff and then when I notice I've done the same style multiple times, pull it out and turn it into a css class so my code ends up with a mix of things.&nbsp; But the css classes do make a lot of stuff easier to edit and change. :) Css isn't quite as bad/as intimidating as it looks to be. :)&nbsp; Even if like me, you learned html years and years ago. :D
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
How many &lt;td&gt;s can you have in a table? as soon as I put the 5th one in it stopped working.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is no limit. Most likely you are missing a closing tag somewhere that is breaking the table's parsing.

Edited 1437502491
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brian said: However, you can put multiple classes on an element: I didn't even know this. Thanks :) (and mother of all that is holy, the forum layout is HUGE now.. I have to zoom to 75% so it doesnt feel like Im smashing my face on the screen)
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
is there a way to get a radio button working on a fealdset table that links with radio buttons on other sections of the table? I looked to see why the +add button wouldn't work and as it turns out it has something to do with the radio.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What are you trying to achieve? There's probably a means to do it that doesn't involve torturing fieldsets. They're already&nbsp; second-class citizens . ~_^
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
Brian said: What are you trying to achieve? There's probably a means to do it that doesn't involve torturing fieldsets. They're already&nbsp; second-class citizens . ~_^ I don't get the joke. I'm trying to create an expanding list of skills, one of the skills in character creation can be label an a "knack" skill that alows you to roll 2 dice instead of 1
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
so, the thing is I need more than one page for my sheet. If there was any information as to how I do thst on the Wiki than I missed it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You might want to read over&nbsp; Brian's example of using tabs from the&nbsp; CSS Wizardry thread.
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
Vince said: You might want to read over&nbsp; Brian's example of using tabs from the&nbsp; CSS Wizardry thread. is that how it's done?
There are other methods, but That example seems to be the easiest. &nbsp;And it works. &nbsp;I have used it many, many times. &nbsp;I have since moved onto another method I barely understand, because it suits me (and because I stole it from GV), but I started there. &nbsp;
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
Coal Powered Puppet said: There are other methods, but That example seems to be the easiest. &nbsp;And it works. &nbsp;I have used it many, many times. &nbsp;I have since moved onto another method I barely understand, because it suits me (and because I stole it from GV), but I started there. &nbsp; well the example on the post doesn't seam to work
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Coal Powered Puppet said: I have since moved onto another method I barely understand, because it suits me (and because I stole it from GV), but I started there. &nbsp; And I stole it from Actoba. ;)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Grim G. said: well the example on the post doesn't seam to work Can you share the code for the HTML as well as the CSS? &nbsp;That'll help us troubleshoot. :)
Grim G. said: Coal Powered Puppet said: There are other methods, but That example seems to be the easiest. &nbsp;And it works. &nbsp;I have used it many, many times. &nbsp;I have since moved onto another method I barely understand, because it suits me (and because I stole it from GV), but I started there. &nbsp; well the example on the post doesn't seam to work That's odd. &nbsp;It has yet to fail with me. &nbsp;I used to copy and paste it, and then modify for looks and add additional tabs. Yes, css and html so we can dig to the bottom of this.
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
Coal Powered Puppet said: Grim G. said: Coal Powered Puppet said: There are other methods, but That example seems to be the easiest. &nbsp;And it works. &nbsp;I have used it many, many times. &nbsp;I have since moved onto another method I barely understand, because it suits me (and because I stole it from GV), but I started there. &nbsp; well the example on the post doesn't seam to work That's odd. &nbsp;It has yet to fail with me. &nbsp;I used to copy and paste it, and then modify for looks and add additional tabs. Yes, css and html so we can dig to the bottom of this. I just copped the html and css codes and tested them, then I tested them in a game setting. all there really was were 4 radio buttons that did nothing.
Wait...Firefox? &nbsp;Or Chrome?
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
Coal Powered Puppet said: Wait...Firefox? &nbsp;Or Chrome? chrome
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
anyone got any ideas as to why it's not working?
Without seeing the actual code, it is rather hard to guess.